See a cop Warner Brother

Do you warn other riders of a cop in the near area?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been stopped by the police in my car for warning other drivers approaching.
After I passed the cop saw me flashing my lights to oncoming cars. He flew up and pulled me over. Told me in the state of Florida you can be cited for obstruction of justice by doing so. Whether true or not he was pissed and I was scared. Let me go but gave me a stern talking to. If I can now without getting myself into trouble I'll warn them otherwise your on your own.

I suppose you could interpret the law of obstructing that way. Im sure it may vary a little from state to state but I would be shocked to see any one get arrested or charged with obstructing. In Ohio it would fall under obstructing official business but come on. really???. Catching speeders, at least around here is like shooting fish in a barrel. No need to go hunting for some b.s charge like that just to hum somebody up. Just say you had an ich on your head and you were trying to scratch it.:rofl:

We all have a job to do but come on.....Like the joker said."Why so serious?"

I suppose you could interpret the law of obstructing that way. Im sure it may vary a little from state to state but I would be shocked to see any one get arrested or charged with obstructing. In Ohio it would fall under obstructing official business but come on. really???. Catching speeders, at least around here is like shooting fish in a barrel. No need to go hunting for some b.s charge like that just to hum somebody up. Just say you had an ich on your head and you were trying to scratch it.:rofl:

We all have a job to do but come on.....Like the joker said."Why so serious?"

If all cops had such a down to earth attitude as yours you guys wouldn't get such a bad rap.

I use it. Always thought it meant "heads up-up ahead" cops or whatever ...be extra alert.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Protect and safety lmaof

They set up speed traps at places that doesn't have any history of wrecks, ppl getting kill
EASY TICKET screw them!!!!

Go catch drug dealers Boys!

uhhhhh i try to warn... Never knew tap on head till this year.. I flash cars highbeam to warn them too

wow i had never heard of the hand signal, usually flash the brights rapidly though. Not too many cops out of town up here anyhow...

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Couldn't help it! It was the first thing I thought of.

I most certainly do...every time I have the chance.

warn a brotha.jpg

There a few different sign's used out here.

Finger pointed up revolving (revolving light/cop)

Hand out flat going up/down, (SLOW DOWN!)

Flashing the headling (normaly speed trap)

The problem with the flashing the light is that some bikes mostly cruisers have a flashing headlight to be better seen.
I remember a fellow bike tapping his helmet years ago when I first started riding and didnt know what it meant. I just wanted to get this out for those that never heard of it.
Its just a personal preference, I feel as its helping another biker out and appreciate that others that saved me in the past sure makes life a lot easier and less worrys when we are
and even more so in this economy who can afford a silly ticket such as a 55 in a 35 it happens at times by mistake.

Never seen it in England, but drivers have flashed their head lights for as long as I can remember. My Grandad told me about it when I was little and I asked why cars kept flashing their lights.

Yeah if we all begin or continue to do this it Will help others and ourselves from a costly speeding
increased insurance rates and possible jail time. Its a win win situation.
Just tap the top of your helmet to other bikers when a cop is in the area.
Do a favor and favors Will return.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've been stopped by the police in my car for warning other drivers approaching.
After I passed the cop saw me flashing my lights to oncoming cars. He flew up and pulled me over. Told me in the state of Florida you can be cited for obstruction of justice by doing so. Whether true or not he was pissed and I was scared. Let me go but gave me a stern talking to. If I can now without getting myself into trouble I'll warn them otherwise your on your own.

Last I looked there is nothing in the Law book about a biker tapping his helmet from an
itch. If I got pulled over for this I would consider it harassment.
Posted via Mobile Device

My X-girlfriends younger sister was pulled over for the same thing in Springhill Fl. for the same thing. Got off with a warning.

Back