See a cop Warner Brother

Do you warn other riders of a cop in the near area?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, not sure that all of us sport bike riders are on the same page here but really wish we all were when it comes to signals to passing riders.
As far back as I can remember as a kid if you seen a car coming towards you
and he flashed his lights, that meant there was a speed trap ahead your way.
I do this in my car to other drivers and some get it and wave and others dont know why I am flashing my lights.
On motorcycles mostly sportbikes here in TN we have a signal that there is a cop in the area. That signal is usually tapping the top of your helmet with your left hand.. Meaning use your head!! COP!

How many of you do this? How many of you dont have a clue to what I am talking about

I give the warning, but it's usually my own dumb ass that needs it.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk and furious fingers

I too give the warning, but thought it was for saying there are lights on top where you are going. Either way, I know it is for the police.

LOL Yeah lights etc. I always thought it was use your head, no wheelies, stunting, and watch your speed, cop ahead, but all of us Hayabusa owners never do any of the following:whistle:

i do it too and i work on the other side of the fence. oh well, all is fair in love and war:laugh:

i do it too and i work on the other side of the fence. oh well, all is fair in love and war:laugh:

You the po po? Well Sir, you have my respect! Now look the other way!:whistle:

Yes I often give the high sign, whether or not it's understood is not my concern.
You ride a bike on public roads, it's your responsibility to be in the know.

My understanding of the tap up top was because it rhymed with cop.

i do my best not to skin a fellow rider unless he has an arrest history that shows he is an azz hat. I pulled over a guy that did a wheelie right in front of me a while back. Man he thought he was screwed. Of course I knew the guy but he didnt know it was me....:rofl:.... he was sweating bullets until he realized it was me.....I told him thats what he gets for not looking in his side mirrors first....duh:duh:

I use the warnings also. In our group before headsets we also would wiggle our index finger in a circular motion for cops.

We have a lot of bike cops out here also and I noticed most other riders don't wave to them. I do they are still riding and enjoying the lifestyle just from a different point of view. I always get a wave back from motorcycle cops always.

I always do.. I had to flash the lights and beat my on head into a headache to save a few hoons on US 27 .. they almost missed the signal and got popped :laugh:

Wish that when I had my run in with the po po it was someone like you, I was behind a truck just cruising not doing anything stupid. Saw the cop looked down saw 65 figured I was ok. When we turned around I thought for sure it was for the truck as did the truck because the truck pulled over. When I went past the truck and the cop was still behind me. All I could thing is WTF did I do? He proceeds to tell me he clocked me at 72?! And wrote me for..... I mean I took it with a grain of salt but man when I am actually behaving my self I get it....

I passed a trap the other day and a little bit down the road saw a rider headed into it in the "fast" lane. I *wanted* to warn him but for the life of me couldn't remember the signal until about a mile after I passed him (newbie). I hope the wild waving got the message across even though I didn't tap my helmet.

Funny this thread came up, i was on my way into work not an hour ago another rider warned me of a cop, sure enogh i came around the corner and there he was, pulled out right behind me and followed me for a bit, had it not been for that rider i would have had a nice fat ticket, it was on a road with lots of twists that i love riding a little harder down.

I always do the warning.. I would want the same for me.. no need to give the city/county/state my hard earned mod money for no reason.

I've been stopped by the police in my car for warning other drivers approaching.
After I passed the cop saw me flashing my lights to oncoming cars. He flew up and pulled me over. Told me in the state of Florida you can be cited for obstruction of justice by doing so. Whether true or not he was pissed and I was scared. Let me go but gave me a stern talking to. If I can now without getting myself into trouble I'll warn them otherwise your on your own.

Back