Lincoln Marauder Cop cars

Sgt Busa

Donating Member
Registered
Was watching WB38 news the other night and they where talking about the new Lincoln Marauder Cop cars. Damn things look just like any other car and apparently are fast as hell. Well FHP has a few of this supposedly stealth cop cars. WB38 news camera crews did a rid a long with one on the Howard Franklin Bridge. This cop was nailing people left and right. He would get behind some one doing 90 and just follow the car. You could tell the car he was following had no idea a cop car was right behind him.

Keep your speeds down on the Howard Franklin Bridge, or just start watching out for Lincoln Marauders.

The Maurader is a nice ride. Reminds me of the 90's Impala SS's.....
Look out.... big brother's got a new hot-rod!

They look like they would be the perfect low profile cop car~
mad.gif

Old news ... You need to stay off the Howard Frankinstien anyway .. The fast bikes run gandy
smile.gif
Yeah I know.

I live right off Gandy now. Can not wait until the bike is broke in so I can see what it can do on that bridge. Hell the fastest I have ever gone on the Buell was on the Gandy Bridge.
Sgt get that puppy broke in .. Come over to Sonic on the Tampa side Sat night around 11:00 a friend with a gixxer and a R1 plus my Busa will be there .. Gandy looks really cool @ 185 mph
smile.gif
The R1 is a little on the slow side but still fun to beat up on him.. The 1000 gixxer is damn near as fast as the Busa sooooo hang on!! ...Lee..

smile.gif

OK...
Time for class boys & girls ...
1.)Do your own homework, never trust the newsies to get it right.
2.)Its a MERCURY Marauder, Not Lincoln.
3.)The Marauder is nothing but a civilian version of the FORD Crown Victoria Police Interceptor ...
I.E. your Standard everyday marked cruiser.
4.) This means the Marauder is essentially just an unmarked patrol car.
Nothing special.
5.)It is no faster, doesn't handle any better than any other cop car.
6.)Know your enemy!

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1221"|1108435747 -->

You guys are lucky, you know what to look for. Up here in Washington we have the State Troopers in totally unmarked granny cars such as ford tempo, chevy impala, buick, chevy surburban, ford expedition and even seen one in a really fancy jeep cherokee with fancy cromed out wheels. I figure the jeep was a drug bust rig. But you cannot tell them from any other regular car on the road.

Oh there are still some sneaky ones.... Fuggin Ford Expidition with Chrome wheels, A couple F150's UNMARKED, as well as a few other oddballs... But yeah. Gandy Baby... The one stretch of Florida road I am really going to miss...

I was associated with the car when it was released. As with all Lincoln/Mercury products, the hype came NO WHERE near the reality. The initial brochure showed spinning tires and smoke. Trust me, no spinning tires, no smoke. Just a grand marquis with a little more power, still an absolute turd. (albeit a very comfortable absolute turd). At the dealership, it was an embarrassing joke. They sat and sat and sat. However, L/M people are alot like Buick people, OLD and loyal. We did actually sell TWO (2) of them in a year. Both to 60+ year old men with smokey and the bandit jackets on. Still see them today, that little bald head just above the wheel, tuft of ear hair sticking out on each side.....cruising the main drag in search of happier days.....
laugh.gif
blues.gif

Cops out here cruise in unmarked Camaro's and will actually line up at a light with ya. Wife and I back some time ago, lined up with silver Camaro while we were driving a 94' Firebird slightly modified (325hp), well just before the light changes, wife notices uniform and tells me to back off... lucky for me, but not the guy at the next light. Lit up tires, smoked the cop off the line, and the cop lit up the lights and it was over. They are getting sneaky aren't they?
rock.gif

I agree they are not playin fair. It really sucks that the cops play so many games just to write speeding tickets. I am an average offender, that is I average one ticket or two a year. However, I have not gotten one on the bike (knock on wood) and I am just trying to reduce the number of people stuck in traffic, namely me.

I know some people on here are officers, but shid they speed too. THat is what pisses me off. They don't write each other, but they write my azz in a minute.

I guess they won't be happy until they get busas, porsches, Z06's , etc.

Old news ... You need to stay off the Howard Frankinstien anyway .. The fast bikes run gandy
smile.gif
Yeah I know.

I live right off Gandy now. Can not wait until the bike is broke in so I can see what it can do on that bridge. Hell the fastest I have ever gone on the Buell was on the Gandy Bridge.
Sgt get that puppy broke in .. Come over to Sonic on the Tampa side Sat night  around 11:00   a friend with a gixxer and a R1  plus  my Busa will be there .. Gandy looks really cool @ 185 mph
smile.gif
The R1 is a little on the slow side but still fun to beat up on him.. The 1000 gixxer is damn near as fast as the Busa sooooo hang on!! ...Lee..
1300hemibusa

I am working 12 hour shifts the rest of this month on weekends. So I will not be able to make it. Hell I just hope I have the bike in the shop by this Friday for the 500 mile servicing. Only 200 more miles to go.

Sean

smile.gif

Heard there was a Red Busa that has been known to bury the speedo on the Howard Franklin
wink.gif

...I don't know officer... the speedo stops at 220mph
laugh.gif

Back