look here

I wonder if anyone went over to help the poor sap that wrecked??

Anyway, most of the replies strike me as BOZO remarks.  That guy was exceeding the speed limit two or three times.  I dunno about you idiots, but when I do that (and I do it alot) I accept responsibility for my actions.  Was the officer wrong??  Yes.  Was the rider wrong??  Yes.  Obviously they both made rash decisions...  And, if you can't blame yourself when you are going two times faster than you should, you don't get it.

Get a life and stop blaming the rest of the world for your fugged-up actions!

For every action there is an EQUAL and opposite reaction.

Walk on home you pansy-assed punks!

rock.gif
Well said.
idea.gif

Anyway, most of the replies strike me as BOZO remarks.  That guy was exceeding the speed limit two or three times.  I dunno about you idiots, but when I do that (and I do it alot) I accept responsibility for my actions.  Was the officer wrong??  Yes.  Was the rider wrong??  Yes.  Obviously they both made rash decisions...  And, if you can't blame yourself when you are going two times faster than you should, you don't get it.

rock.gif
Well said.
idea.gif
Thanks man. I am sure many don't agree, but that is the nature of the beast.

Kind of an intense conversation but I will thro in my .02. The cop here was wrong he made a mistake. Not unlike bad decisions criminals make. He made a decision and he should pay the price for it. To say the bike was speeding and its his own damn fault is not really fair. Or maybe next time your going 5 over they change the law and a cop in his own car can run you off the road for it. You have to have a set of rules and guidelines so that punishment and consiquenes fit the crime commited. If you have a gun and you rob a bank you are threatining people with deadly force and if you do not expect a police officer to use deadly forct to stop you then you better drop the gun. If you are speeding down a road you maybe acting unsafely but you are not intending or threatining anyone with deadly force. I see alot of the police channels and I cant bear to watch some of the crap I see. In one a cop walkes out in front of a speeding car and when the guy tries to push him not run him down with the car just push him out of the way the cop empties his gun threw the windshield. This was on one of those cop shows. What a bunch of crap they said the person in the car was using deadly force on the officer yah right then drop the clutch and get it over with dont roll ahead at 5 MPH There were much better ways to handle that situation as there were in the video but sometimes decisions are made in haste and mistakes are made. Being a police officer is not an easy job you are jsut a normal person trying to enforce the law they are no different from you and I no super senses or anything.

Kind of an intense conversation but I will thro in my .02. The cop here was wrong he made a mistake. Not unlike bad decisions criminals make. He made a decision and he should pay the price for it. To say the bike was speeding and its his own damn fault is not really fair. Or maybe next time your going 5 over they change the law and a cop in his own car can run you off the road for it. You have to have a set of rules and guidelines so that punishment and consiquenes fit the crime commited. If you have a gun and you rob a bank you are threatining people with deadly force and if you do not expect a police officer to use deadly forct to stop you then you better drop the gun. If you are speeding down a road you maybe acting unsafely but you are not intending or threatining anyone with deadly force. I see alot of the police channels and I cant bear to watch some of the crap I see. In one a cop walkes out in front of a speeding car and when the guy tries to push him not run him down with the car just push him out of the way the cop empties his gun threw the windshield. This was on one of those cop shows. What a bunch of crap they said the person in the car was using deadly force on the officer yah right then drop the clutch and get it over with dont roll ahead at 5 MPH There were much better ways to handle that situation as there were in the video but sometimes decisions are made in haste and mistakes are made. Being a police officer is not an easy job you are jsut a normal person trying to enforce the law they are no different from you and I no super senses or anything.
I underlined the parts I am referring to...

I submit that a motorcycle exceeding the speed limit (especially at the speeds he appears to be going), is using deadly force. I believe that you can kill someone (pedestrian or vehicle passenger) on a motorcycle.

Also, I believe I would unload on someone trying to run me over...  1 MPH or 100...  Where do you draw the line and say, he was trying to run me over.  The guy was moving in his direction...  And, he bumped him with his bumper and kept going.

I guess we could argue semantics, but I digress.

No hard feelings here...  I think we should just agree to disagree.

-Rip

<!--EDIT|The Oracle
Reason for Edit: "eschewing obfuscation of my jocularity"|1078347905 -->

I would need to know more in order to make a judgement here. What was wrong with the old fashioned way of getting the bike to pull over? Was this a case of a bike refusing to stop...running from the police? if so, I endorse stopping him. If not, it seems excessive.

Perhaps there was audible commentary, but have the sound off here at work.

Both parties appear to be at fault on that one. One has to wonder though whether we'd also be blaming the cop had he not blocked the biker's path and a child darted into the street and was hit by the bike.

rock.gif
That's exactly what I was saying!  ICE just explained it better.  
type.gif

Some of you need to realize both are at fault so quit blaming ONLY the POLICE!

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078364236 -->

this thread has soooo many parts to it .

We could hypothesize about these things for an' eternity...

First: the cop . Bad call . But...they are people , and have been know to fug-up. The officers here on the board will agree I'm sure ,that different situations cause different amounts of chemicals to flow thru the brain . Cops can become over zealous , angry , they can suffer "God-syndrome" , etc.....they can also do a good job. EXAMPLE: When cops finally catch a purp who has been running from them , they quite often use excessive force in removing said banditoo from the vehicle . WHY? cause the cop isnt thinking...he is however ACTING . Is he acting inappropriately...yes . HE IS BEING HUMAN . Does he regret his actions later....lets all hope so....or else we are dealing with a psycho .

Second: The biker . Bad call . But they are people , an' do fug-up on a regular basis . This guy didn't do anything more than most of us do ON A DAILY BASIS. Would I be upset if a cop did this to me....YES .

We can sit here an say cop is an azzhole .

We can sit here an say squid is an azzhole too .

What are we searching for in this discussion ? Who is the bigger azzhole ? That FORTUNATELY , is personal choice decision provided by your countries freedom .

closing statements....

Did the punishment fit the crime....NO . You'd have to be a first class fugwad to think a guy doing a wheelie or speeding deserves to get his body mangled .Yes I know, speeding and wheelies are dangerous. Most intelligent societies fine or jail or suspend licences for speeding , very few(I'm guessing) break your body parts for traffic infractions.

The thing about his bike being a deadly weapon . I dunno . Sure I guess it is a deadly weapon if used inappropriately . Who's fault it that . OURS . You , me , all of us . If you wanna search for someone to blame in all of this....look no farther than the mirror . Why are we building vehicles to sell to the general puplic which are inherantly dangerous to the common good . EXAMPLE: I live on a large island . probably the same land mass as alot of the US states . The highest allowable speed limit here is 100 KPH . 60 MPH . Thats what we , as a society have deemed to be a safe speed at which to travel .
Why do we build vehicles that can break those laws and be so contrary to the common good? My Busa can break every speed limit law in Canada.....in first gear . WHAT IN FUG SHOULD I DO WITH THE OTHER FIVE GEARS ?

we can sit here and play Monday Morning Quarterback all night . We as a group will not get any smarter . WE WONT DO THE RIGHT THING . 'cause we're human .

I break the law EVERYDAY . I take my killing machines out on the road everyday . It's my right . Its of my own free will that I choose to do this .

If I speed should I have my body broken into peices?

If I talk on my cell phone(an' not pay 100 % attention to the task at hand....DRIVING) should I have my body broken into peices?

If I have neglected my regular maintanance and allowed the braking system on my car to become "less than totally effective" should I have my body broken into peices?

We are all quilty . We can all be victims aswell .

Should you speed on your motorcycle ...no....
Should you pull in front of a motorcycle that is speeding...no
Should you talk on yer cellphone....no...
Should you adjust the radio while driving...no...

Should you scratch yer balls while driving
rock.gif

ONLY if they are REALLY itchy .

thats my 2 cents...an' yes , I can offer change....but nobody will want it....'cause we're human .

Hav a good and self-righteous one.....RSD.

LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN , CAST THE FIRST STONE .

I watched the video again . I'm starting to side more an' more with the biker . Why ?

Check it out . Watch the vid . REALLY watch it .

The situation is akin to MARDI GRAS .

People are all over the place . they have lined the streets .

They are waiting for the crazy bikers to do some stunts .

Unless this cop is "Sight-impaired" in one eye...and fuggin' blind in the other , he can see whats going to happen next.

get out of your car you lazy dink....that, and call for back-up . there are some people in the street having fun . It must be stopped . All of this mayhem must be stopped .

DO YOU KNOW WHAT I'M driving AT .

Mardi Gras.....its a amazing free-for-all .

There is a teenage girl in the middle of the street . She has lifted her shirt to expose her breasts . YES . Yes , she has broken the law . Should she have a whole bunch of her bones broken because of this act.....personally , myself , I'd have to say no .
BUT HER ACTIONS COULD CAUSE A GUY TO LEAN OVER HIS BALCONY TOO FAR , TRYING TO THROW HER SOME BEADS . HE COULD FALL TO HIS DEATH....

the cop....he must know what the mob is doing .

It's Mardi Gras . Mardi Gras is a STOOPID time .

It is . Think about it . Thing is.....its allowed to happen . It's encouraged . Its good for BUSINESS .

I have to say .....shame on the cop . What a dink . He must know whats going on . If he doesn't , he shouldn't be empowered . ya ya ya....the biker could hurt someone/lose control blah blah blah....thing is , everybody seems to know whats going on......everyone seems prepared .....everyone except the cop .

If I was the cop.....call for a ten car back-up....

a show of force.......the party breaks up.....cools down.....goes home .

end of story .

The cop should just commit suicide....to spare himself the embarassment .

Watch the vid . Watch the cop . Watch the cop , see the crowd . See the crowd look down the street . See the cop , watch the crowd...looking down the street .

he MUST know whats going to happen next .

If he doesn't.....lets nuke the planet . Mankind is too fuggin stoopid to live .

thats it I guess......mankind is too stupid to live .

Oracle,
If you had seen the video it was obvious the guy came to a complete stop and crept forward not rolling over him but just nudging him with the bumper now if I made this stupid mistake and I am not saying I would try and outrun a cop but if for some dumbass reason I did and they pulled this with me I would run him down back up and run him down again if I survived the gunfire. If you point a gun at me I consider that you are going to take my life if I hit gunfire I am doing what it takes to take you with me or first. Unfortunatly we are talking about something I saw and I am not sure if anyone else has even seen the video as far as the video we all saw I would have to agree with rubberside down

Oracle,
    If you had seen the video it was obvious the guy came to a complete stop and crept forward not rolling over him but just nudging him with the bumper now if I made this stupid mistake and I am not saying I would try and outrun a cop but if for some dumbass reason I did and they pulled this with me I would run him down back up and run him down again if I survived the gunfire. If you point a gun at me I consider that you are going to take my life if I hit gunfire I am doing what it takes to take you with me or first. Unfortunatly we are talking about something I saw and I am not sure if anyone else has even seen the video as far as the video we all saw I would have to agree with rubberside down
If a cop points a gun at me...you better damn well believe I'm gonna do what he says. In my humble opinion, too many of the criminal element seem to know that the cop is very rarely gonna pull the trigger if there is no immediate threat to his well being, but I don't think thats right. Law enforcement officers need to pull the trigger more often, if you ask me.

YOMV......

TBone

<!--EDIT|tbonebusa
Reason for Edit: "eye caent spel soo goud"|1078447588 -->

Alright, alright... I think I have incited enough trouble with my "minor" troll.

But, in all seriousness, I still think it is BOTH people at fault in the above video of said maniacs (one on bike and one in patrol vehicle). I didn't think it would get this out of hand, but I gotta admit I am kicking back and enjoying the palather (repartee).

As far as RSD is concerned... You know I love ya brotha, but now I am gonna hafta book a flight and come put a size 11 Alpinestar in your ass. And, unlike some pussies on this site, I will follow through with my threat! Of course, after we remove our feets from each others arses, we will stroll down to the local tavern and sing the night away in each other's arms with Guinness froth bleeding from our mouths.

cool.gif

interesting opinions....interesting debates.

Cop at fault? Yeah, kinda...depends on the country. According to laws here, a police officer has no right to endanger/take any citizen's life unless the person is posing a direct threat to the officer's life or to the well-being of the group of people. Yes, you could argue that the biker did endanger the well-being of the crowd...and yes you can argue that the cop was not in danger; but like RSD said....so many points to this thread.

Case in point: people make bad decisions...no matter what their occupations are. It's just that sometimes their occupation directly involves the lives and well-being of others. Who's at fault? The answer could be debated for a long time.

Back to the original topic.....yeah....I won't be going to Lithuania any time soon.

I had some time after work and this forum was the last thing I read before I left. I have to say and this is just my opinion.If you are doing a wheelie on your motorcycle you are taking a chance of loosing control and hurting someone. But if you pull out in front of a speeding motorcycle it is attempted murder plain and simple. Tbone I understand your point I really do but you better pray that a cop doesnt make a stupid mistake and shoot you or pull out in front of ypou while speeding. The guy on the bike didnt stand a chance he was viciously and purposely harmed for speeding no chance to stop no blue lights nothing. In the other case I think maybe back to the old west where the guy with the fastest gun may be a good way. If you let the police do whatthey want you wold have no rights at all the would break down your door to search without a warrant they would make us all drive Geos so we couldnt speed or anything why not put a chip in all cars so 65 is all they can do.

I had some time after work and this forum was the last thing I read before I left. I have to say and this is just my opinion.If you are doing a wheelie on your motorcycle you are taking a chance of loosing control and hurting someone. But if you pull out in front of a speeding motorcycle it is attempted murder plain and simple. Tbone I understand your point I really do but you better pray that a cop doesnt make a stupid mistake and shoot you or pull out in front of ypou while speeding. The guy on the bike didnt stand a chance he was viciously and purposely harmed for speeding no chance to stop no blue lights nothing. In the other case I think maybe back to the old west where the guy with the fastest gun may be a good way. If you let the police do whatthey want you wold have no rights at all the would break down your door to search without a warrant they would make us all drive Geos so we couldnt speed or anything why not put a chip in all cars so 65 is all they can do.
Excellent points. And, I agree with you guys about many differing opinions and ideas here. This is a tough one...

Problem is, we don't even know the whole story, that is a crappy video that doesn't show everything.

For the most part, I agree that the cop was WAY out of line. But, I still stand by my original assesment that they were both wrong. Which one was more wrong??? I dunno. This flu is kicking my ass and I could care less about both of those ding-dongs right now. I am going to bed.

g'night.

As far as RSD is concerned...  now I am gonna hafta put a size 11 Alpinestar in your ass.  
Now Vaughn....look here little buddy....

I'm not only gonna kick yer ass....

But I've also enlisted the help of the VOODOO High Priestess that lives just down the road from me .

you asked for it.....you wanna rumble with the Rubbah...

I'm gonna kick yer ass up so far , you'll have to take off yer shirt to shid .

voodoo_1.jpg

look closely here ORAL-CuL.....the voodoo bidch did an exellent job on ya....

little climbing rope
size 11 Alpinestars
WELL PLACED VOODOO PINS.....right in the *$+@%

see that cute little smirk.....I'm gonna wipe that right off

PRONTO.

voodoo_2.jpg

Back