Seattle to Victoria BC

hbr

"It's all good"
Donating Member
Registered
My boy made the US BMX team, Olympic sport in 2008, so it's pretty cool deal. Anyway, the World Championships are in Victoria BC. I am flying into Seattle on Sat 7/21 going to see the city and going to Victoria on Sunday. Looking for some advice on the border crossing and the ferry. Anything I need to watch out for? Best times? Cost? TIA

Drink the Beer!
all_coholic.gif

The Sticky Wicket Pub downtown +1
super.gif

HBR,this is very cool. I have done Seattle-Vic by plane and a ferry called the Clipper. There are helo's and float planes to get you back and forth aswell.
The seaplanes are about 150 bucks return, the trip is like 20 minutes. The clipper takes a few hours and the line ups are bad in the summer. The other option is the Princess Margurite (large ferry) never done that one.I can find some on-line info for you if wanted.

Could also pick you up at the ferry dock,or seaplane or whatever way you decide to travel. If your boy will be racing at the track I'm thinking of...its about 10 minutes from my house.

Give me a reminder call (my cell and home phone #s will be in your PM box) a couple days prior to,and I'll be happy to get you all fixed up. Will you be spending the night? Do you want/need rides or the use of my wheels?

Let me know which track and I'll get you directions if needed.

At your service.... Andy/RSD.

(rubbersidedown @ Jun. 08 2007,16:32) HBR,this is very cool. I have done Seattle-Vic by plane and a ferry called the Clipper. There are helo's and float planes to get you back and forth aswell.
The seaplanes are about 150 bucks return, the trip is like 20 minutes. The clipper takes a few hours and the line ups are bad in the summer. The other option is the Princess Margurite (large ferry) never done that one.I can find some on-line info for you if wanted.

Could also pick you up at the ferry dock,or seaplane or whatever way you decide to travel. If your boy will be racing at the track I'm thinking of...its about 10 minutes from my house.

Give me a reminder call (my cell and home phone #s will be in your PM box) a couple days prior to,and I'll be happy to get you all fixed up. Will you be spending the night? Do you want/need rides or the use of my wheels?

Let me know which track and I'll get you directions if needed.

At your service.... Andy/RSD.
Now thats hospitality folks!

Good on ya Rub!
beerchug.gif

(hbr @ Jun. 08 2007,12:52) My boy made the US BMX team, Olympic sport in 2008, so it's pretty cool deal.  Anyway, the World Championships are in Victoria BC.  I am flying into Seattle on Sat 7/21 going to see the city and going to Victoria on Sunday.  Looking for some advice on the border crossing and the ferry.  Anything I need to watch out for? Best times? Cost?     TIA
Send me a PM a few days prior if you want to go the Clipper route I can get some good deals from time to time. They rent from us. Clipper is cool if you don't need a car when your there. If you need a car drive to Canada and take the ferry. Many of the rental cars will not let you leave the country in the car so better check or your trip could end at the border. Use the truck border if you drive and bring your passport make things easier too.
Saturdays are nuts at the border Sundays too, cruise ship season, we have about 4,000 extra people doing that trip on those days.

Being prepared wouldn't be much fun
biggrin.gif

It's cool when you can post up about going damn near anywhere in the world, and have some H.org friends offer to help ya out
beerchug.gif

There will be 4 of us. Myself and my son, and another "hbr" racer and his dad. We fly into Seattle on Saturday July 21st around noon. We want to see some Seattle sights and head to Victoria on Sunday. We have a room at the Marriott for that week. Races last all week and end on Sunday. We will fly out of Seattle on Monday the 30th.

We have a mini van (buncha bikes and luggage) rental lined up. Enterprise said crossing the border is OK. I will do some checking on the ferries and definately be in touch.

Cblast - I'm sure I'll have a beer or 2
wink.gif

RSD - nuttin but love Murphy. PM back at ya.....

mana - thanks. I'll holler about cool place to stay that Saturday in Seattle.

Directions from your hotel to the track.

Get on Douglas st.
Head north.
It turns into Hwy 1.
Travel about 20 minutes to exit 10,turn right.
Now yer on hwy 17.
Travel on hwy 17 for about 5 minutes.
Turn left into the Juan de Fuca rec center.
Your there.

Rubb.

Directions from the ferry to your hotel.

Get of the ferry,yer on the Pat Bay Hwy.
Just stay on that,no turns for 40-50 minutes.
The hwy will turn into Blanchard st.
Blanchard st will turn into Bellville.
2 minutes on Bellville and your there.
The corner of Belleville and Quebec (Harbour towers).

Rubb.

Let me know what you want to do if you have any down time.

whale watching (my friend runs the best biz in town)
horse drawn carriage tour(wifes sister owns that biz)
M/C rentals
sea plane tour
helicoptor rides
bungy jumping
golf (30+ courses within' an hours drive)
sight-seeing with Rubb and The HouseMouse
bars/eateries
museums,Imax,etc
paintball
lake,river,ocean swimming, cliff diving
a night of racing at Western Speedway
the bug zoo (you get to hold scorpions and tarantulas)
jet ski rentals(lake or ocean) Rubb may not be able to go with you on that...last time out I flipped one of their sea-doo's and ruined it...I'm most likely not welcome back....
laugh.gif

I'll think up some more. RSD.

(rubbersidedown @ Jun. 09 2007,12:10) Let me know what you want to do if you have any down time.

whale watching (my friend runs the best biz in town)
 horse drawn carriage tour(wifes sister owns that biz)
 M/C rentals
 sea plane tour
 helicoptor rides
 bungy jumping
 golf (30+ courses within' an hours drive)
 sight-seeing with Rubb and The HouseMouse
 bars/eateries
 museums,Imax,etc
 paintball
 lake,river,ocean swimming, cliff diving
 a night of racing at Western Speedway
 the bug zoo (you get to hold scorpions and tarantulas)
 jet ski rentals(lake or ocean) Rubb may not be able to go with you on that...last time out I flipped one of their sea-doo's and ruined it...I'm most likely not welcome back....
laugh.gif

I'll think up some more.   RSD.
Just direct me to the nearest bar
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
crazy.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

(rubbersidedown @ Jun. 09 2007,12:10) jet ski rentals(lake or ocean) Rubb may not be able to go with you on that...last time out I flipped one of their sea-doo's and ruined it...I'm most likely not welcome back....
laugh.gif

I'll think up some more.   RSD.
jump9.gif

jump9.gif
   That's hilarious.

Wow Rub, how cool of ya, I'm almost speechless.  
We are still getting our race schedule from USA Cycling, not sure how many days will include practice or racing.  

Racing will certainly take most of my time, but a few beers and some good eats are always at the top of my list.  

I'll get with the boy and have him look over your list, sure we'll have a day or two to do sumptin fun.

The track is 10 minutes from your house?

Here's to ya Murphy  
beerchug.gif

jump9.gif

Wait till I get that covert op done. (walk the track with my hi-def video cam).

He'll know the track by heart,before even leaving your house.
muscle.gif

Murphy.

Back