Seat Cowl Mod

Midlife III

Registered
I am having a hard time working on the seat cowl mod. I have started cutting away the cowling around the grab bar and when I go to check the fit it is hitting on something long before it hits the cut away area. Is there something I have to do to the mounting plate inside the cowling? New member with 08 busa. Thank you for any help you can give me in this matter.
please.gif

I don't have any pictures but when i did it i separated the cowl from the base which is held by 4 screws and used a dremel tool to make the necessary cuts. There is a lot of cutting involved and it comes close to the screw base. It works though! Let me know if u have n e more ?'s

It seems to be hitting on the base of the cowl before the the cut out is even close to the grab bar. I took out the two bolts on the grab closest to the front of the bike and it seemed to get closer to fitting. Should I have all four bolts in the grab bar? Would you have any ideas on what I am doing wrong??

i emailed you instead since i can't figure out how to upload photos here. if you can post the photos i sent to help other people. the way i did it kept all 4 bolts for the grab rail.

Must be different from the Gen 1 they were fairly easy
Sorry I can't help you with the 08 Mod
bump.gif

Good luck, and please post pics when you get it figured out; it would be good for other members with '08's to know.

Well, with a lot of help from a lot of people I think I have it done. There is so much more cutting and grinding on both the cowl and cowl base. I will include a picture here but will try and work with some one and post more picture of the process.
Thanks again for the help.

IMG_3331as.jpg

Looks good, might do that to mine. You still have the Harley too? Can see it on the helmet.

Yes still have the Harley. 2002 Road king Classic with a lot of mods and paint. The matching helmet for the Busa II should be here by the end of the week.
Here are a few pic's of her.

IMG_3135a.jpg

Back