Seat Cowl Fitment Question

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
When I attach my seat cowl on my Gen II Busa, I am not happy with the large gap between the cowl and the tail. Is there anything I can do to get a better fit and finish? I think this problem is worse after performing the mod to work with the grab bar.

Don't think so? The hooks on bottom of cowl or loops on frame would have to be modified to pull it down lower. I don't think I've seen anyone mod it to be tighter?

When i had my '03 with extended tail,Tiger glove box,etc. i had a gap i wasn't happy with and fixed it by removing the 4 bolts(that anchor the tail/grab bar)and shimming up with a couple of washers on each bolt UNDER the tail section where the bolts go down through it.May take you a few attempts with different thicknesses to get the gap closed up to where you can live with it(should probably also loosen the other bolts that hold the tail to the subframe so as not to stress the plastic 'til you get the gap where you want it,then snug back up).I have a Gen II also and just popped the cowl off to have a look,don't know why the washers wouldn't work to close up the gap a bit.Might work bro,worth a try anyway.:thumbsup:

Hey, what works pretty good to fill the gap between the hump and the body is black rubber door edge trim, say from Pep Boys etc. Its about 1/4 in profile,it has a adhsive inside the u shaped trim. When installed on the edge of the hump it easily fills the gap. Looks factory actually. If i could figure out how to post a pic I wll.
cheers

BUSADANO
imgres

dege.jpg

Hey, what works quite well is black rubber door edge trim from trim guard etc. Its about a 1/4 inch thick with adhesive inside the u-shaped trim. I will post a picture if I can.
BUSADANO

Back