Seat Cowl Mod Busa II

I love this pic!

MidLife_III_s_08_Busa___4.jpg

Hey Mid! Her's a thought...how about a template (cardboard?) That way anyone can benefit from your hard work in half the time? Seems logical to trace it out so someone would know exactly WHAT to cut off...your thoughts? You know where I'M going with this!
beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif
great idea!... 2nd that
I'm being told that all bikes are not the same and if you used a template (cardboard?) it could be off enough to cause problems later. I can try to make one and see how it looks.
Keep us posted Mid!
ThumbsUp.gif

Can i ask a daft question?

Why the feck do you need the pillion grab rail when you dont have the pillion seat on? Who's going to hold on to it?

Maybe you guys do those "jumping off the back and grinding your metal shoes" type stunting in the states?
smile.gif

I'll get my coat.......
smile.gif

Jza

smile.gif

corner2.png
Jza,

The point is to have the grab rail readily accessible should you throw the seat on for a passenger WITHOUT having to re-bolt the grab rail every time you want to have a passenger, I'm 50-50 on it myself but I think I will be doing this as my wife I know will want to ride on the back of the Busa from time to time, just makes it more convenient

It's 4 bolts.   4 bolts. How many times in a day do you change between the two?

I don't see the style side of the hump/grab bar combo.  Ugh.

It's 4 bolts. 4 bolts. How many times in a day do you change between the two?

I don't see the style side of the hump/grab bar combo. Ugh.
I will most likely will never put the seat on but the grab bar really helps me hold the bike while putting the bike on the rear stand. Plus I really like the looks of the Busa with the cowl and the grab bar and that is why this '08 orange and black Hayabusa is in my garage and Not in yours.

Style is in the eye of the beholder!!
fight.gif

It's 4 bolts. 4 bolts. How many times in a day do you change between the two?

I don't see the style side of the hump/grab bar combo. Ugh.
I will most likely will never put the seat on but the grab bar really helps me hold the bike while putting the bike on the rear stand. Plus I really like the looks of the Busa with the cowl and the grab bar and that is why this '08 orange and black Hayabusa is in my garage and Not in yours.

Style is in the eye of the beholder!!
fight.gif
Couldnt have said said it better!
thumb_up.gif
laugh.gif
beerchug.gif

I don't mean to piss anyone off and i know it's just my opinion. But there's something about the hump mod that just doesn't sit right with me. Why didn't Suzuki make the grabbar a quick release deal. It would make sense. That or have the handle fold in under the rear seat when not in use.

Looks cool!
It's nice to see someone else with the matching jacket too!
super.gif
Hey Midlife...cool pics!
wowold.gif

What brand of jacket is it?
was searching hi & lo for one, but settled with an IXS in the end...
rock.gif
Thanks for the comments.

It is the matching 'o8 Hayabusa orange and black Jacket. I purchased through Parts Depot in NJ. They also have a matching helmet, mine should be here today. You can find them on Ebay. Hopes this helps..

I really like what you did, thanks for the step by step pics. how did you geet the cowl cut so smooth and what did you use to make the cuts?
bowdown.gif

poke.gif
Ok Mid, I feel another "template like" request comin' your way

Hey Mid, do you have an internet link for the parts depot place you got the jacket from in NJ? I looked on google but there were a ton of parts depot stores.
P. S. looking forwrd to a template.
beerchug.gif

Hey Mid, do you have an internet link for the parts depot place you got the jacket from in NJ? I looked on google but there were a ton of parts depot stores.
P. S. looking forwrd to a template.
beerchug.gif
The web address is http://stores.ebay.com/partsdepotstore but you should just call and talk to speak to Ed and tell him Bob from Maryland said to call. the number is:
1 800 245-3101. I know that he is trying to become a sponsor on this site. He has been really good to work with, I even went up to NJ to meet him and see his dealership. I hope this helps..

Back