Rear seat cowl.

SRH67

Registered
Hi guys, just purchased my gorgeous 2013 Busa Pearl white. The bike didn’t come with a rear seat cowl. Had a look online but cannot find a used OEM cowl. Looking into buying an aftermarket one and having it sprayed the correct colour. Anyone bought an aftermarket cowl and do they fit ok? Lots advertised from China on good old EBay. Looking for the correct colour for a 2013 model also. TIA

333A727F-AE4A-4059-8799-FB77C73419F6.jpeg

Welcome, great looking bike...

There seems to be lots of them on ebay.....
If worse comes to worse put a carbon fiber one on there.....

Full dual Akropovic, excellent exhaust.
I would keep looking for an oem seat cowl too, it will fit better than an aftermarket one will.
Put a want ad for one here too, someone may have one.

Welcome to the org

Two options: Simply wait for a used OEM one to pop up on eBay from a private seller, one will eventually. Or a member here will have one.

I bought a spare hump for my Gen2 from Yana Shiki & sent it to New York to get my logo cut into it, then forwarded it to Florida to a painter that color matched my '08 blue, then finally on to me, fit perfect and paint matched perfect. It was a process, and expensive, but worth every penny. Then, when I sold the bike, I kept this hump, and put the original back on.

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys. Will keep looking on EBay etc For a used OEM. Loving the dual Akrapovic exhausts sound awesome especially over 8k Revs!

Thanks for the replies guys. Will keep looking on EBay etc For a used OEM. Loving the dual Akrapovic exhausts sound awesome especially over 8k Revs!

Are those slipon mufflers, as it looks like a stock header tube through the fairing?
They were available in slipons, or with a full stainless header and x pipe.
Just curious, and if it is the stock header, it's always good to get rid of it, as the built in catalytic convertor really puts off alot of heat.

They are slipon mufflers, interesting to read your comments about the heat as I didn’t realise.

I ran several exhausts on my gen2, and alot of others on other gen2's.
I gutted the stock converter on my gen2, and as expected, a performance loss, lag from a big empty chamber/loss of back pressure...but a Very noticeable difference in how much cooler my feet were.
After removing that header and adding a full dual Akropovic, the performance returned, but of course the heat did not.
Full exhaust is usually a small but noticeble gain in performance...but that big concentration of heat right below and between your feet being gone...is worth it for that reason alone.

Back