2011 Seat Cowl

Kman0066

Registered
I just purchased a 2011 Hayabusa (White) and my dealer is telling me that the seat cowl no longer comes with the bike in 2011. I can't seem to find anything about this online so I'm wondering if either my salesman is misinformed or is trying to rip me off. I did find that maybe the GSXR 600 and 750 do not come with the cowl anymore, but that's it.

So, should I be getting a rear seat cowl (hump) with my new Hayabusa or not?

:welcome: to the Org :thumbsup:
You could try Ebay , I have seen some Busa's come with the Rear Cowl and some only with the Rear seat and grab bar. I guess it all depends on the dealership.

News to me. That would just suck if they didn't!
Those little bits are pricey. I'm sure some other members here will be
Able to enlighten us.

I'm calling :bs: on the dealer. The hump has always been included in the crate with each bike. I can't believe that Suzuki would change that.

i haven't heard that from anyone else who has purchased an '11, i think the dealership is either mistaken or trying to pull one over on you...i would give them the benefit of the doubt and ask for it nicely and then report them to Suzuki if they didn't come up with it!

I just bought a 2011 bout 2 months ago and it came with mine. I call B.S.!!!!! on the dealership BIG TIME. Sorry to hear that and i hope he gives you what you have already paid him for. I saw my bike still in the creat and it was in with everything ealse

i'd say you will return it if you don't get all that it came with. the dealer is probably trying to save it so he can sell it to someone else. definitely call BS bro. hope it works out for ya

Yep, BS, go get your seat cowl. And if he insists that it didnt, ask to see a copy of the shipping manifest. It should show everything that was in the crate with the bike.

aaaand thats why there call STEALership!....
that is so dumb that is very dumb....fo real!
dodson.jpg

Is the sale already final (paperwork signed, delivery completed)? If there was NO mention whatsoever/anywhere in the sales contract that the dealer owed you a seat cowl.......then legally, he does not owe you anything.

Is the sale already final (paperwork signed, delivery completed)? If there was NO mention whatsoever/anywhere in the sales contract that the dealer owed you a seat cowl.......then legally, he does not owe you anything.

Maybe so, but I bet American Suzuki would see it differently.

I'm heading back there now, I'll let you know how it turns out. There is definitely nothing in the contract about NOT including the cowl.

There was someone here once who had a dealer try to sell him the hump as an accessory with his new Busa. Don't let them try that.

I don't think so :laugh: I guess they could pull the motor too

Your dealer is trying to screw you. Call Suzuki and let them handle it :poke:

That's BS... The 11' Busa's come with the hump.. I went and looked at one the other day (just for fun) and it came with.

my dealer is telling me that the seat cowl no longer comes with the bike in 2011.

Go back to the stealership and tell him he is a LIAR!

$5 says he either scratched it, or sold it to a friend.

Ask him why, then, does Suzuki show the Busa with the cowl on their website? http://suzukicycles.com/Product%20Lines/Cycles/Products/Hayabusa/2011/GSX1300R.aspx?category=sportbike

Wrong. The hump is a part of the motorcycle and is not sold as an "optional extra". (With new sales.)

In any case, Suzuki will be most displeased to hear about this dealer, whoever he is. In fact, Kman, you should name and shame him, so that other .Org members don't get stung by this lying liar.

Back