Seat Cowl Mod Busa II

Thanks, You the man.

bowdown.gif

Hey sweet writeup i started mine basically going off the gen 1 method then got stuck when the bottom of the cowl was hitting after i made the cuts in the top :poke: . Didn't think of cutting such big parts out of the bottom though im going to try it today

im gonna have to do this on my gen 1 as i thought about it before. im tired of taking the grab bar off when i want to use the cowl. and i think the girls i ride would get mad without the bar. so this seems like a win win for me

I just bought an '09 and they guy I bought it from did this rear hump mod for the grab bar. If ANYONE is interested in saving themselves the time and work and has a stock, perfect black rear hump and would like to trade I would be more than willing to do so. I removed the grab bar and have no intention on using it.

It's a great mod if you like the look of the bar and hump on at the same time, but to each their own. Let me know.

3 years later and the grab bar still ruins the look of the bike IMO. LOL Though if one never uses the hump I could see leaving it on. It's far too easy to put the bike on the rear stand without the grab bar. Just hold the crossmember where the latch is.

Hump=sportbike, Grab bar/seat=minivan.

I know to each his own, but there are things that look good and things that just do not.

Back