Scar visits Seattle, again

man its tempting to fly out and meet all you hooligans
cool.gif
I havent been to seattle for a while, would be nice to get back out that way.... you guys going riding or just dinner?

man its tempting to fly out and meet all you hooligans
cool.gif
 I havent been to seattle for a while, would be nice to get back out that way.... you guys going riding or just dinner?
I'll be flying in, so there won't be any 'riding' unless Kelly can gank me a 'busa from Cycle Barn!

Hm...I'll have to attempt.

Anyway, it's just dinner at this point.

You should come! Hellzyeah!

If you can gank one then I will have to convince the wife to take the bike.... hmmmm

Of course she will have to sleep on the way back so I need some bungie cords...

It's the 17th, brother. I'll only be there 13-18AUG08, so...

Any restaurant suggestions down by Pike? It'll be a further drive for me coming from Vancouver, BC, but it'll also be a drive for the Carmans coming from Portland, OR.

Figuring Pike would be decent. Totally open, though.

lurk.gif
There is a lot to do and see at Pike Market that has nothing to do with fish, as for restaurants downtown I dunno, I tend to avoid downtown like the plague..

However it comes down to money...

Daniel's Broiler is nice $$$$ Steak
Metropolitan Grill $$$$$ Steak
McCormick & Schmicks $$$$ SeaFood
The Keg In Kirkland or Downtown Bellevue Steak $$$

Then of Course you've Got Sushi Choices.

I love Sushi in Bellevue and on lake Union
Nishino Downtown is supposed to be good though i would lean more towards I love Sushi as I've been there and KNOW that it's quality stuff.

Then again depending on where folks are at Geographically or how far they want to Travel we've got Claim Jumper's here at Alderwood Mall which is dead smack between the Infamous GTO abuser's house and Downtown... Good for large groups, moderately priced, easy to find, and easy parking.

BUT, there are all sorts of places we can go...

I am good for just about anywhere. As long as there is non fish items busawife will survive.

if you are going on the weekend...

Buenos Aires Grill .... figure 50-70/head but YUMMY steak.. I'd say maybe better than the Met. They used to have tango dancers friday/sat night, which is always fun to watch
cool.gif

And yeah, lots of good sushi, though the seafood was declined by someone if you want good traditional style, Shiro's down on 2nd is yummy
beerchug.gif

if you are going on the weekend...

Buenos Aires Grill .... figure 50-70/head but YUMMY steak.. I'd say maybe better than the Met.  They used to have tango dancers friday/sat night, which is always fun to watch
cool.gif

And yeah, lots of good sushi, though the seafood was declined by someone if you want good traditional style, Shiro's down on 2nd is yummy
beerchug.gif
I'm sure you mean if 'we' are going on the weekend...

tounge.gif

What are the odds you'll be able to join us?

I don't think any resteraunt makes a steak worth 50-70 bucks a head
tounge.gif

I can make better for less garunteed!

If you want! I will have to start marinating them a few days in advance though, just to get it right.

If you want!  I will have to start marinating them a few days in advance though, just to get it right.
We may have to save that for my next trip up there. I'll just program Portland into my trip so we can spend a couple of days bombing around.

My goddaughter, Katie, lives there...it'd be nice to see her.

well 50-70/head counts for all the fixins, tip, etc...

Not to mention you can stroll down to the water afterwards for whatever
cool.gif

Not too sure how possible it is for me to make that weekend... maybe if we schedule one later in the fall... think I'm supposed to be in Richmond that weekend
sad.gif

Now, anyone up for riding down the coast one weekend this fall ... seattle to san diego or vise versa
beerchug.gif

Not too sure how possible it is for me to make that weekend... maybe if we schedule one later in the fall... think I'm supposed to be in Richmond that weekend
sad.gif

Now, anyone up for riding down the coast one weekend this fall ... seattle to san diego or vise versa  
beerchug.gif
Now you're talking...

Richmond is on the wrong coast.
sad.gif

As far as a coastal ride, COUNT ME IN!
drools.gif

As long as we can get to Crater Lake in Oregon as one of the stops. I understand it can start snowing there, though, as early as October...

sad.gif

McMenamins is an Northwest brewery company with several locations. It's a couple of brothers who take old buildings and make them into a sort of theme'd drinking place. Edgefield is an old poor farm from back in the day. Now it's a brewery/hotel/bars/resteraunts/winery/cigar bar/concert field/golf course... and maybe more. If you are a Greatful Dead fan they have a tribute bar there as well.

That one is a few miles... I think 4 from my house. Kennedy School is another Mcmenamins. Used to be a grade school. Has a bar named detention
firedevil.gif
Please send me to detention.

McMenamins is an Northwest brewery company with several locations.  It's a couple of brothers who take old buildings and make them into a sort of theme'd drinking place.  Edgefield is an old poor farm from back in the day.  Now it's a brewery/hotel/bars/resteraunts/winery/cigar bar/concert field/golf course... and maybe more.  If you are a Greatful Dead fan they have a tribute bar there as well.

That one is a few  miles... I think 4 from my house.  Kennedy School is another Mcmenamins.  Used to be a grade school.  Has a bar named detention  
firedevil.gif
Sounds cool...I'll go.

I'll take an extra Detention and a few Time Outs, as well.

easybutton.png

The other thing I like about McMenamins is that you can usually grab a beer and walk all around the facility. So if you are tired of where you are, you can move without having to wait.

And now back to our regularly scheduled thread topic

lol1.gif
I am off topic all over today

McMenamins is an Northwest brewery company with several locations.  It's a couple of brothers who take old buildings and make them into a sort of theme'd drinking place.  Edgefield is an old poor farm from back in the day.  Now it's a brewery/hotel/bars/resteraunts/winery/cigar bar/concert field/golf course... and maybe more.  If you are a Greatful Dead fan they have a tribute bar there as well.

That one is a few  miles... I think 4 from my house.  Kennedy School is another Mcmenamins.  Used to be a grade school.  Has a bar named detention  
firedevil.gif
hijack.gif
MCMENAMINS!!! It is the happiest place on earth. And, everyone should come to Portland to see it...on their busas. Which means then I could FINALLY have my McMenamins tour.

But first, let me explain more about the awesomeness that is McMenamins.
rant.gif
First, we would have to pick one of their fine establishments. There is the Edgefield Poor Farm/Old Folks Home, Kennedy School, Imbie Hall (a octagon shaped barn - built in the 1800's), the jail (soon to be opened), the Crystal Ballroom...and many, many more. They all serve BEER! Which makes many people happy. It is all local beer, so if you want craptacular Bud or Miller, go somewhere else. Here, they have Ruby Ale, Hammerhead, Terminator, Irish Stout and many many more. Then, there is the atmosphere. Lets just say, the have no dress code. What you see is what you get with the peeps who work there. And it is awesome. They have cigar bars, they have themed bars...like Honor's and Detention bars at Kennedy School. It is truly the happiest place on earth! Disneyland can stick it.

AND, for those of you who are like, "but I don't drink" the Tots (or fries, if you are me) are TOTALLY worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!! The TOTS are the best. We love the TOTS. And, I don't drink...and I love it there. It is also my kid's favorite place. (they have family restaurants at most of the locations. But, I have never really seen a kid, other than my own, be a pest there)

ANYHOO...Scar (and anyone else who wants to) we live SUPER close to the Edgefield campus. Come visit, we will take you there, and you won't want to leave. We should have our guest room back at that point and you can stay. Same with anyone else. good times...good times...

And now, you can have your thread back...
pirate.gif

Back