Saw my first "in person" 13.5

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Hokay.  I saw a squid pull up on a 13.5 tonight at our local bike nite.  T-shirt, helmet unstrapped, torn up tennis shoes...
Anyway, off of the gear thing, I spent about 4 minutes just walking around the bike.  It doesn't look bad in person; BUT, it never sang out to me like the Busa did.  I liked the cockpit, neat cluster!  The shift lever intrigued me and I actually thought the mirrors were pretty cool!  Overall, a nice bike.  But so is an SV 650.  Nothing really jumped at me saying "you need this bike"!

I can see why people would like it, and I can see that the Kwaks have thrown the gauntlet and it is up to Daddy Zuk to fly the flag.  But personally, I'll be sticking with the legend.

Just thought I would share!

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150253290 -->

Thanks for sharing, Shawn! Still haven't seen one in person. I'm with you and will be sticking with the King.

I agree with Shawn - nothing too impressive. I was out at Smither's Customs - local Busa tuner/drag racer - and he had a Red 13.5 in the shop getting 'the works'; full exhaust, PCIII, dyno tune w/custom map, brake lines, DOT5, EBC HH, N2O.

From the front, it looks like it belongs in a 'Lilo and Stitch' movie!
biggrin.gif

Back