Saw a couple '05 busas in person today...

If you ask me, it seems as though Suzuki is at a standstill or going slightly backwards with its' flagship bike. We all agree, for the most part, that it's time for some changes to the Busa.
Exactly!
beerchug.gif

I haven't seen any '05s in person yet...odd that they opted for decals over paint though...

Can't go without saying this though...damn BT! Harshin' on the Busa owners now, aren't ya?!
tounge.gif
Oh sure, you fall to the dark side and now the Busa's shid...oh, yeah, I see how you are...
laugh.gif

I'm kidding...just couldn't resist...

Is there an email address where anyone can vent their dislikes with the direction Suzuki is going with the Busa? Are they just confused and continuing production as long as the sales are significant?

As for the "S" goes, I guess it grows on you after a while, but it somehow appears cheap-looking to me. No insult to anyone of course.:p

I haven't seen any '05s in person yet...odd that they opted for decals over paint though...

Can't go without saying this though...damn BT! Harshin' on the Busa owners now, aren't ya?!
tounge.gif
Oh sure, you fall to the dark side and now the Busa's shid...oh, yeah, I see how you are...
laugh.gif

I'm kidding...just couldn't resist...
You'll never see me hatin' on a busa or a busa owner.
wink.gif
I will definitely hate on zuk for cheesin' on us this year, but the bike is still a busa.
biggrin.gif

And I know you're kiddin' but I've gotta say it again to be clear for those who might take me that way...

I'd still suck it up and buy an '05 busa if that's the ONLY way I could have another busa.
wink.gif

As for my dark side tendencies... I'm actually considerin' keepin' my old paid off cage and addin' a busa back to my stable before I buy a newer nicer cage. Still leanin' toward a good used one so I can go through it and build it to my liking though. Marietta Motorsports ( www.1888fastlap.com ) had a silver grey 2002 with a full Hindle on the dyno yesterday when I was over there. Hearin' that thing singin' at full tilt on that dyno really made me miss Train...
sad.gif
That's when the thought crossed my mind to go that route before I tie myself into a cage payment again.
wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

Is there an email address where anyone can vent their dislikes with the direction Suzuki is going with the Busa?   Are they just confused and continuing production as long as the sales are significant?

As for the "S" goes, I guess it grows on you after a while, but it somehow appears cheap-looking to me.  No insult to anyone of course.:p
The "S" dosen't offend me at all but I grew up with it first on the 60's bikes and then on the 70-72 bikes with the winged oval with the S in the middle. As far as the Tape goes It's nothing new My kids 01 Gixxer has some tape in place of paint and mY 04 does also.

Once you go BLACK you'll never go back !!

No doubt, hands down, the best color is all black 02 LE.

You have to keep it simple. Decals is such a dissappointment. Thinkof all the early 90's bike that many have had the expertis to ressurect, they look good but 10+years on decals = very shiddy look.

I would suggest that they give all 05 buyers a House of Kolor Catalog at the time of purchase and tell you to have at it.

You all can paint it all Black then you will have the second best looking Busa, next to mine.

My_Busa.jpg

If you can do those sorts of paint fades and still offer the bike at $9200 dealer price, then by all means, go right ahead
smile.gif
I am sure that's why those are decals and not painted. Now, you may not like the fades, but that's not a case of Suzuki being cheap, that's a case of you and Suzuki disagreeing on the aesthetics of a thing.

That being said, all of these things are merely opinions of aesthetics. If you are a solid-color person, well of COURSE you aren't going to like what's been done. It sorta goes without saying. I personally think the Busa looks great, not just the elegant black and grey paint scheme, but the unique shapes of the fairings. People KNOW I am riding a Busa. It's not like those nameless, faceless cookie cutter bikes that some manufacturers put out.
poke.gif

Personally, once I get a chance, probably next year, I plan to alter my color scheme to yellow with red and black accents to match my leathers. Then it'll REALLY be unique. Until then, I'll just have to be content with people not confusing my bike with, say, a 600cc version by the same manufacturer.
poke.gif
smile.gif

poke.gif

smile.gif

If you can do those sorts of paint fades and still offer the bike at $9200 dealer price, then by all means, go right ahead
smile.gif
I am sure that's why those are decals and not painted. Now, you may not like the fades, but that's not a case of Suzuki being cheap, that's a case of you and Suzuki disagreeing on the aesthetics of a thing.

That being said, all of these things are merely opinions of aesthetics. If you are a solid-color person, well of COURSE you aren't going to like what's been done. It sorta goes without saying. I personally think the Busa looks great, not just the elegant black and grey paint scheme, but the unique shapes of the fairings. People KNOW I am riding a Busa. It's not like those nameless, faceless cookie cutter bikes that some manufacturers put out.
poke.gif

Personally, once I get a chance, probably next year, I plan to alter my color scheme to yellow with red and black accents to match my leathers. Then it'll REALLY be unique. Until then, I'll just have to be content with people not confusing my bike with, say, a 600cc version by the same manufacturer.
poke.gif
smile.gif

On second thought... it ain't worth it to try and explain it again for ya... So, ok... you're right. Zuk done an excellent job on the '05 scheme. That's some high tech shid the way they used vinyl tape instead of paint on all those places. What was I thinkin'? The fact that it's a busa means zuk can do no wrong...
drooling3.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100305662 -->

poke.gif

smile.gif

Once you go BLACK you'll never go back !!

No doubt, hands down, the best color is all black 02 LE.

You have to keep it simple. Decals is such a dissappointment. Thinkof all the early 90's bike that many have had the expertis to ressurect, they look good but 10+years on decals = very shiddy look.

I would suggest that they give all 05 buyers a House of Kolor Catalog at the time of purchase and tell you to have at it.

You all can paint it all Black then you will have the second best looking Busa, next to mine.
Sweet ride man.
beerchug.gif
You thought about blackin' out the rearsets and passenger pegs/brackets? That'd really clean it up.
wink.gif
And I have to agree with you. I think I like the '02 SE the best out of all the busa models.
wink.gif

wink.gif

smile.gif

poke.gif

poke.gif
smile.gif

On second thought... it ain't worth it to try and explain it again for ya... So, ok... you're right. Zuk done an excellent job on the '05 scheme. That's some high tech shid the way they used vinyl tape instead of paint on all those places. What was I thinkin'? The fact that it's a busa means zuk can do no wrong...
drooling3.gif
No, by all means. Enlighten me. I see no reason to let the implied insult slide. If there is another cost effective, mass manufacturing way for them to do this, tell me. But don't accuse me of being sheep for Suzuki. Insult my aesthetic opinions all you want. Don't insult my intelligence.
mad.gif

poke.gif

smile.gif

No insult intended, just pourin' the sarcasm back that you poured out in your reply to me, man. It's all good though. I'm done with this discussion. It's obvious that I'm not able to discuss any shortcomings the busa might have anymore since I don't still own one. Funny how that changed... I've posted plenty of "I wish" and "I don't really like" threads in the past but nobody had a problem with it until I sold my busa and bought somethin' else. That's cool though. I give up...

Sorry if you couldn't take the same sarcasm you dished out. That's usually how it works though. You get back what you put in... Not from me anymore... I'm done with this silly shid. I deal with enough nonsense at work everyday. I don't need another dose when I get home and check the board...

Later...

No insult intended, just pourin' the sarcasm back that you poured out in your reply to me, man. It's all good though. I'm done with this discussion. It's obvious that I'm not able to discuss any shortcomings the busa might have anymore since I don't still own one. Funny how that changed... I've posted plenty of "I wish" and "I don't really like" threads in the past but nobody had a problem with it until I sold my busa and bought somethin' else. That's cool though. I give up...

Sorry if you couldn't take the same sarcasm you dished out. That's usually how it works though. You get back what you put in... Not from me anymore... I'm done with this silly shid. I deal with enough nonsense at work everyday. I don't need another dose when I get home and check the board...

Later...
Actually, I was hoping you knew of a technical way Suzuki could have overcome being cheap. And yes, stickers ARE cheap - I thought the same thing when I first saw them, but to me it seems like a cost of manufacturing compromise. So while I might not have done it the same way if I was painting the bike for the first time, I do understand why they did it.

As for sarcasm, I have found that without liberal use of emoticons, expressing sarcasm is nearly impossible.

I'm going to have to stop by a few dealers and see if I can find an '05 model to check out.

How can you guys tell they are decals? Are they so bad that it's just that obvious?
Reason I'm asking is that I read MANY posts of people thinking certain colors on previous Busa's were decals just because they could feel a ridge between the colors. In reality it's just the thickness of the secondary color painted over the primary.

If they really are decals did Suzuki at least bother to clear coat over them?

I think the "S" that replaces the "Suzuki" is bullsh!t enough.  +The color schemes seem to get worse with every year IMO  
rock.gif
Actually I like the S on the tank, that and the clear lens  on the front are the only 2 things i like about the 05's
I kind of like the "S" logo, and was thinking of replacing the decal on the tail section with something like it.

I have not seen an 05 in person yet, so I cant comment on the decals.

I like the T/S lenses, though
smile.gif

WEll Needless to say I have to jump in on this one.. When my bike got stolen on May I decided to wait till the 05's came out before getting another bike. When it actually came out and i saw it I think i wrote the first scatching report of it. It a disappointment to say the least. Why because Suzuki failed to provide any dram,atic enhancement to its 7 yr old flagship...BAH HUMBUG!

I'm going to have to stop by a few dealers and see if I can find an '05 model to check out.

How can you guys tell they are decals?  Are they so bad that it's just that obvious?
Reason I'm asking is that I read MANY posts of people thinking certain colors on previous Busa's were decals just because they could feel a ridge between the colors.  In reality it's just the thickness of the secondary color painted over the primary.

You can tell they are decals because of the fade/transition from one color to the next. Yes they are clearcoated.

By the way, I haven't knocked the bike. It still looks cooler than any zx10 I've ever seen.

Kev

How can you guys tell they are decals? Are they so bad that it's just that obvious?
Reason I'm asking is that I read MANY posts of people thinking certain colors on previous Busa's were decals just because they could feel a ridge between the colors. In reality it's just the thickness of the secondary color painted over the primary.

Trust me, the ones I was talkin' about are decals and not paint. Also, the ones I bitched about are NOT clearcoated... The only decals I saw on 'em that were clearcoated were the ones on the gas tank. Just FYI

WEll Needless to say I have to jump in on this one.. When my bike got stolen on May I decided to wait till the 05's came out before getting another bike. When it actually came out and i saw it I think i wrote the first scatching report of it. It a disappointment to say the least. Why because Suzuki failed to provide any dram,atic enhancement to its 7 yr old flagship...BAH HUMBUG!
It is weird that they have waited so long to upgrade the bike. On the other hand, it's still a fine beast. But they certainly can't rest on their laurels. Was the ZX12R upgraded more than just cosmetically this year? Has anyone been able to compare it with the Busa if it was?

Back