Saturday at the dealership

pward76

Donating Member
Registered
So I stopped at the local dealership to see if they had an LE on the floor and to get a cotter pin for the rear axle nut.

They didn't have the LE, but as I'm eyeing the black/silver, a sales guy pops over and asks if I want to buy it.  Told him no, I have just gotten finished with a bunch of mods on my 04.  He wants to go out and see it, so we wander out and talk for a couple of minutes.  As I'm gearing up to leave, I get another guy come over and ask me how I like riding the "new" model.

"Excuse me?"

"I mean the bigger ones, the longer wheelbase ones"

"Um, they have been the same size since 99..."

"Really?"

"Yep"

"Boy, now I feel dumb"

"No big deal.."

Then he asks about how it does in the curves, etc.  Interesting the comments and questions the busa generates sometimes.....

Some little guy on a 600 asked me if the Busa still motors with a guy my size on it.

Yeah - I'm 280 - but damn it still motors!
Well, after waxing his back for him - he gave me my props..... jackass squids!

Hope to see the guy after my PC3USB, cam kit and Akrapovic go on..... LOL!

Oh - and I had a salesman at a local competitor last weekend tell me the new Busa will do 220mph with the governor removed...... LOL!
Jackass.:(

Lots of mis-informed folks out there... I should clarify, the guy with the "wheelbase" question was not an employee of the dealership - he was a customer...

Oh no - I understood fine. Just firgured I'd share w/ you too. LOL!

wow.gif

I figured you did, Ted. When I re-read the post the way I wrote it, I realized it could be taken to mean another dealership guy.. I didn't want to run down dealership guys... at least not in your presence
biggrin.gif

It is truely amazing how much "stuff" is floating around masquerading as "information" - thanks for your stories...

Ah After working on the other side at the dealership folks? Give em' a brake. They are supposed to remember every little detail of every make and model of bike on the floor. This can be a pretty difficult task, especially at a place that has all four major brands represented plus snowmobiles etc...

I allways figured these salesmen were just stupid, and sometimes they are just full of crap, but there are alot of models out there, and if they do mostly cruiser or offroad business, they may get a little rusty.

BUT some dipshid at a local dealership the other day told me (NO KIDDING) that the ZX10R is the worlds fastest bike and goes 200MPH in second gear... Even said it with a straight face... Spooky huh?

Anyhoo, point is give em' a little slack sometimes they have just gotten things turned around...

Ah After working on the other side at the dealership folks?  Give em' a brake.  They are supposed to remember every little detail of every make and model of bike on the floor.  This can be a pretty difficult task, especially at a place that has all four major brands represented plus snowmobiles etc...

I allways figured these salesmen were just stupid, and sometimes they are just full of crap, but there are alot of models out there, and if they do mostly cruiser or offroad business, they may get a little rusty.  

BUT some dipshid at a local dealership the other day told me (NO KIDDING) that the ZX10R is the worlds fastest bike and goes 200MPH in second gear...  Even said it with a straight face...   Spooky huh?

Anyhoo, point is give em' a little slack sometimes they have just gotten things turned around...
It's always amusing what the uninformed will say. I haven't had that interaction in quite a while. Except for one of my contractors that told me his wife rode a ZX6 to 180MPH with no gear and only having ridden for a couple months.

Ah After working on the other side at the dealership folks?  Give em' a brake.  They are supposed to remember every little detail of every make and model of bike on the floor.  This can be a pretty difficult task, especially at a place that has all four major brands represented plus snowmobiles etc...

BUT some dipshid at a local dealership the other day told me (NO KIDDING) that the ZX10R is the worlds fastest bike and goes 200MPH in second gear...  Even said it with a straight face...   Spooky huh?

laugh.gif
BT would love to here that...
wink.gif

I went home this weekend to pick my bike up since the weather is getting better....stopped at a gas station North of Indy and in the span of 12 minutes, I had 4 people talk to me about my bike.

One in particular, an older Irish truck driver, talked to me for a few minutes. He asks "how fast will it go, above 150?" I answered that yeah, it would do that, but I have never had it topped out...he goes and looks at the gauges and goes "Oh,......damn......well, be careful" and takes off.

I thought it was kind of funny the responses this bike can get, both sitting still and passing people on the interstate.

Ah After working on the other side at the dealership folks? Give em' a brake. They are supposed to remember every little detail of every make and model of bike on the floor. This can be a pretty difficult task, especially at a place that has all four major brands represented plus snowmobiles etc...

BUT some dipshid at a local dealership the other day told me (NO KIDDING) that the ZX10R is the worlds fastest bike and goes 200MPH in second gear... Even said it with a straight face... Spooky huh?

Come on Rev,
I know there is alot of bikes out there but they should learn their stuff. You don't make #### up.

In my business (HVAC heating, ventilation and air conditioning), there is alot of stuff to know I don't know everything and when i don't know something, I get catalogue out or go online and check for the info.

The costumer is also at fault here by taking everything he hears for granted.

You have to do your own research.

....I thought only the BUSA could reach 220 MPH in 2nd gear

went to the Blessing of the bikes rally and man you should here the shid come out of those folks. It was amusing, even had a guy say to me that he would let me sit on his road king if I wanted.
laugh.gif

took everything in my will power to not bust out laughing. The Harley Chapters out here were a really cool bunch and gave props to the King.....Busa that is....

I came out of a store a couple of weeks ago to find a guy taking pictures of my bird with a digital camera. Funny as hell.

Yesterday, a guy came up to my bike while I was mounting up in a grocery store parking lot. He starts feeling around my footpegs and I'm thinking, "What the he11?" He said, "Ahhhh, you took those feelers off it! Way to go, man! Lay it over!" I just laughed and said, "My knees are my feelers, bud!"

It gets the stares, that's for sure!

--Wag--

"Excuse me?"

"I mean the bigger ones, the longer wheelbase ones"

"Um, they have been the same size since 99..."

"Really?"

"Yep"

"Boy, now I feel dumb"

"No big deal.."

Then he asks about how it does in the curves, etc.  Interesting the comments and questions the busa generates sometimes.....
he has prolly seen a custom stretched swingarm one, an' figured it came that way(stock).

early morning guess...

it gets better after I've had my life juice...
coffee.gif

hav a good 1...RSD.

one night i was on my 04 fjr1300 and my freind was on a honda 900rr

we were getting coffe at the dunkin donuts and taking a break .

some big dumb looking drunk guy stumbles out of the bar next door to the dunkin donuts and asks how fast our bikes go .

we replied with around 150 to 160 mph

and he says "thats it!!! "  

then he told us his freind has a brand new R1 that goes 240 mph

Bikes are conversation pieces.

I love talking to people about them. Most are very polite and wanting to learn.

I was waiting for a ferry (fairy ... LOL) one day with the vmax and so were a group of 'gay' bicycle riders. The one rider came over to talk to me and says "your bike is just so massive". He asked me a few questions and filled me in on the group's travel plans. He gave me the biggest smiles on the ferry... Never happens with girls.

Last weekend I was racing to get to the ferry and passed quite a few cars. A fella came up to me in the parking lot and I thought here we go ... but no ... he was cool. He loved the busa and thought it looked magnificient weaving in and out of traffic. We had a good talk ... I hope to run into him again.

heh, I KNEW it sounded like I was baggin' on a sales guy - hope you saw my clarification on that - especially since I see you are now on the other side of the counter.

Hope that's going good - congrats!

No one talks to me about my Busa, i must have that look or something.:D

There's alot of people out there that think Busa's are turbo'ed from the factory. I've had about 5 people tell me this as a "fact".
Iif you don't know, then don't make it seem like you do, cause anyone that does know, knows better. Say that fast 3 times:D

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112034557 -->

No one talks to me about my Busa, i must have that look or something.:D

There's alot of people out there that think the Busa's are ALL turbo'ed from the factory. I've had about 5 people tell me this as a "fact".
My thing is, if you don't know then don't make it seem like you do cause anyone that does know, knows better. Say that fast 3 times:D
Some of the locals here think there was a 6 cylinder option!

Back