Sat on a busa today for 1st time in a while...

Yeah..the Train sure was a beautiful bike.
beerchug.gif
That's what happens Chris when you show alot of pride in ownership. What did you put about 5000 hours into the Train? It always showed!
Pretty close on the hours I'd imagine.
laugh.gif

that 10 you have is an awesome looking bike . very tastefull mods and the black looks great . if you added an 05 LE to your garage it would be the almost perfect dream garage .
smile.gif
That's my thoughts excactly! Just gotta work out a way to pay for them without puttin' me back where I was financially. Of course it would be much easier to stomache ALL of my income going into bike payments than it was having ALL of it going on credit card debt that I couldn't even remember what I bought on 'em.
wink.gif

Chris.....I was at the local bike show this weekend, and sat on the new 1k and the 10 directly after....I could not believe how much more comfortable the 1k was.......the bar angle on the 10 is wacked....do yer wrists bug ya after a long ride??

Chris.....I was at the local bike show this weekend, and sat on the new 1k and the 10 directly after....I could not believe how much more comfortable the 1k was.......the bar angle on the 10 is wacked....do yer wrists bug ya after a long ride??
Nope, not at all... The only thing I've felt after longer days of ridin' the 10 is leg fatigue from being up on the pegs in the twisties slidin' back and forth across the seat. No hand/wrist/arm/shoulder/neck stress at all from the ergonomics of the 10. The Gixxer's ergo's did feel good, but I've got no complaints about the 10 in this regard.
rock.gif

Didn't take too long before I was really, REALLY missin' Train.  
sad.gif

Oh, you've got it bad my friend...
wink.gif

Now the voices in your head will start up again.

Face it, you're a biker through and through, and once you sit on a 'Busa you can't help falling in love (I did.)

So what if it's not the lightest/most flickable. It's still one of the best. And that engine.....  
cool.gif

So the question isn't "if", it's what color?

sad.gif
wink.gif

Face it, you're a biker through and through, and once you sit on a 'Busa you can't help falling in love (I did.)

So what if it's not the lightest/most flickable. It's still one of the best. And that engine.....
cool.gif

Yeah, I've got it bad, bro... BAD!
drooling3.gif
And the question isn't even what color... It's gotta be a Gunmetal '05 LE... The question is how I'm gonna afford both bikes.
redcomprs2.gif

BT-That was prolly one of the most touching stories I've heard yet. I've seen Train at the Veltune site and at the Zaino site as well. You had one of the most beautiful Busas and it looked deadly fast just sitting there. I really loved the way it looked when you lowered it too. Well, you actually sat on my exact bike at the dealership. Felt good didn't it. I hope you do find a way to get the Busa a part of you stable again. I'm going to work on gettin' a 10 as my second bike as soon as BigBird is paid off.

BT - come up to the gap, I'll swap ya bikes for a pass or two and let you get the feel back
cool.gif

actually, just come up to the gap and I'm sure everyone will let you ride their bikes to get a spin on the 10
laugh.gif

seriously though, just bring your butt to the gap
wink.gif

Just give up the frivolous things. If you don't have any frivolous expenses, buy the Busa anyway and figure it out later
tounge.gif
. Just think, in twenty years you'll be mad at yourself for denying yourself all the fun. Not much better than alternating bikes for maximum fun. I do that with my FZ & FJR and have a blast. Imagine what the ZX10/Busa combination would do for your fun factor.

BT-That was prolly one of the most touching stories I've heard yet. I've seen Train at the Veltune site and at the Zaino site as well. You had one of the most beautiful Busas and it looked deadly fast just sitting there. I really loved the way it looked when you lowered it too. Well, you actually sat on my exact bike at the dealership. Felt good didn't it. I hope you do find a way to get the Busa a part of you stable again. I'm going to work on gettin' a 10 as my second bike as soon as BigBird is paid off.
You may not believe me about this but I actually had to fight rollin' a tear while I was typing the original post in this thread. That's where I lost my words and done the pic. I'm not kiddin' either. I would never compare missing a bike to missing a passed family member or loved pet, but I do believe that when you put as much love and time into a machine as I did Train you can develope an emotional bond with it. Some probably won't understand that, but no doubt some of you will...
wink.gif

sad.gif

wink.gif

cool.gif

drooling3.gif
And the question isn't even what color... It's gotta be a Gunmetal '05 LE... The question is how I'm gonna afford both bikes.  
redcomprs2.gif
Well, given that we all live our bike-mod dreams through you, maybe we should sponsor your 'Busa?
smile.gif

Just give up the frivolous things. If you don't have any frivolous expenses, buy the Busa anyway and figure it out later
tounge.gif
. Just think, in twenty years you'll be mad at yourself for denying yourself all the fun. Not much better than alternating bikes for maximum fun. I do that with my FZ & FJR and have a blast. Imagine what the ZX10/Busa combination would do for your fun factor.
To be perfectly honest, if I could insure the bikes cheap enough without having a cage also insured with State Farm I'd give serious thought to sellin' my cage and just havin' two bikes as my only transportation for a while. My dad has an old GMC four wheel drive I can get anytime I need a truck around the house for anything and I really don't go anywhere much when I'm off from work except to ride. I'd be ok not having a cage for a while... Just can't afford to insure them without the State Farm rates and that requires a cage on the policy too... Sellin' my Maxima would make for a nice down payment on a '05 LE.
wink.gif

sad.gif
wink.gif

cool.gif

drooling3.gif
redcomprs2.gif
Well, given that we all live our bike-mod dreams through you, maybe we should sponsor your 'Busa?
smile.gif
Lol.... Well, I'd gladly post up my PayPal addy to recieve the funds!
super.gif

You know we all would love to see you with another Busa, bro, but keep things in perspective and do what you need to do to be ready! Your garage will be sweet my friend!

You can add my vote of encouragement to get the Busa. How about replacing that cage with something...er....cheaper? Or is that an option? I know what you mean about insurance. I'm 47, with a perfect record for the last 10 years, and still pay $800 a year for my two bikes. Replacing the FZ with a sport bike will add to that I'm sure.

You can add my vote of encouragement to get the Busa. How about replacing that cage with something...er....cheaper? Or is that an option? I know what you mean about insurance. I'm 47, with a perfect record for the last 10 years, and still pay $800 a year for my two bikes. Replacing the FZ with a sport bike will add to that I'm sure.
I hope you have checked out State Farm Insurance. If you can you will be crapping yourself on the deal you get, I'm 20 and it costs me like a 1000.00 a year that was with full. Now with liability its 32.00 a month. My dads vulkerie is like 300.00 full coverage A YEAR. I think thats pretty sick, hes 47.

Back