Last mod for a while...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Got my PUIG screen in for the 10 today. Since it's rainin' I ain't out ridin' so I thought I'd stick it on and see what it looked like. I'm likin' it. Went with dark smoke. Looks good with the black.
super.gif
The quality of the PUIG screen looks excellent. Looks like a better quality piece than the Zero Gravity DB I had on Train. It's thicker, slicker, and appears to be a bit more scratch resistant. Time will tell. So far I think the PUIG is a quality piece.

Here's a couple of bad pics of before and after... Will get better shots when I can get 'er outside in better lightin'.
wink.gif

Before...

35862403.jpg

After...

35862404.jpg

Here's something the two "side by side" pics don't show. The PUIG screen actually changed the whole shape of the top edge of the upper fairing. The top part of the upper (the two "wings" beside the screen at it's top) is extremely flexible so they just took the shape of the PUIG screen. There's no bind or stress, it just went right along with the screen. From the looks of the superimposed pic it made the whole upper fairing maybe 3/4" higher and added the "double bubble" profile as well. Should really route the breeze over me better, especially when tucked down.
wink.gif

35862751.jpg

wink.gif

Looks good. I just installed a ZG DoubleBubble on my SV, haven't had a chance to ride with it yet. Does someone have a pic of the ZG DB screen on the Busa they could post here for comparison? The stock screen is worthless...

Yeah i got a puig for th busa, cost a little bit more but it looks a lot better i think espically in black

Looks good. I just installed a ZG DoubleBubble on my SV, haven't had a chance to ride with it yet. Does someone have a pic of the ZG DB screen on the Busa they could post here for comparison? The stock screen is worthless...
Yup... As you can see, the bubble on the DB is an almost perfect match to the shape of the hump. Wonder if that was on purpose?
wink.gif

35863892.jpg

35863893.jpg

35863894.jpg

35863895.jpg

Dude No profile shot???  Um Head on?  Looks sort a pregnant or something...  

But ya know, whatever you wanna do to that cute little 10R....  
laugh.gif

From the looks of it though, if you had lined up the bolt holes in your super imposed, the Pig screen look like a pretty close match.
thumbs-up.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099425872 -->

Oh and I hate to stir the pot, but that bike is freaking begging for some real mirrors....

Dude No profile shot??? Um Head on? Looks sort a pregnant or something...

But ya know, whatever you wanna do to that cute little 10R....
laugh.gif

From the looks of it though, if you had lined up the bolt holes in your super imposed, the Pig screen look like a pretty close match.
thumbs-up.gif
The bottom two bolt holes ARE lined up. The location of the middle and top bolts changed with the install. The shape of the PUIG moved the bolt locations. No camera or bike movement at all...
rock.gif

And yeah, yer a funny guy with yer "cute, little" comments...
biggrin.gif

Oh and I hate to stir the pot, but that bike is freaking begging for some real mirrors....
Real mirrors? As in? Ya can't just drop a comment like that and not make a damned suggestion on what would work, man. You know that!
rock.gif
Something Slick, Dark Carbon and smoothed out... Something more in line with the same kinda Ugly the rest of the bike is working towards...

I dunno, seriously though, something a bit more Aero...

Do they make that in a sportouring form? i got the Zero gravity but would like a better ST screen
Yes, PUIG makes a Touring screen for the busa... Doesn't look as "protective" or functional as the ZG Sport Touring screen like busaben has on his busa though... Here's a screenshot of the PUIG "Touring" busa screen from the flash on PUIG's site.

puigtouring.jpg

Looks good BT
biggrin.gif

Ordered my ZGDB as per your advice, Should be here any day now.........

Hey, you know what might look good??
Replace the chrome windcreen bolts with dark or black ones
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Looks good BT
biggrin.gif

Ordered my ZGDB as per your advice, Should be here any day now.........

Hey, you know what might look good??
Replace the chrome windcreen bolts with dark or black ones
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Thanks.
beerchug.gif
I thought about black fasteners but don't know of a black finish that would stand up to removal/replacement of the fairing bolts for maintainance and cleaning.
rock.gif

I wish I had some fasteners coated with the same stuff the black fork legs are coated in. That coating looks very durable and resembles black chrome.

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099432046 -->

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Dark smoke ZG DB screen. I've got a PUIG on order too for Baby J. Hope it looks as nice as that. You're right, BT, that dark smoke really works well with the color of the 10.

post_11_96271_DSC00472.jpg

Da Screamin Demon is looking good BT ... I'm a PUIG man myself ... I agree it's just a little bit better quality than the ZG for sure. Anyway ... keep saving up for more mods as a Christmas present to yourself.

Back