My windscreen review..

I found that with the Vario the bike is reluctant to lie down in a corner!
Found it dangerous without any real wind protection.:whistle:

I installed my ZG Sports Screen carefully with tape at the btm, both sides to ensure a good fit.
(Read the tape advice in this forum somewhere)

In position its tough enough and I like it and the wind protection is good.???

Last edited:
Have you got a picture of your bike from a distance showing that screen. This is the first time I have seen anything like this and it's interesting.

Here it is on mine.. Magical Racing dbl :thumbsup:

2000Hayabusa100.jpg

I am currently using a double bubble by Yanashiki and have mixed emotions about it. I can't seem to find exactly the right head placement for the greatest wind reduction. It is too dark to tuck my eyes behind so I have to keep at least half my shield above the screen. Anybody else used these and is this the best it gets? When I bought the bike it had a mirrored Sportech on it that was cracked so I replaced it before I got to try it out. I feel as though this screen aims the wind directly at my shoulders and head! What's better????

010.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if the flatter screen would have less wind buffeting? ???

Yes, I think so.. Ride a bike with no fairing/windsreen and you will see what I mean.. You will also get cleaner air with the stock screen, you just can't see the clocks is all.. :thumbsup:

Find someone with the stocker and try it out for your self.. No buffeting.. :beerchug:

I Run a MRA Vario now that's also real good.

Yes, I think so.. Ride a bike with no fairing/windsreen and you will see what I mean.. You will also get cleaner air with the stock screen, you just can't see the clocks is all.. :thumbsup:

Find someone with the stocker and try it out for your self.. No buffeting.. :beerchug:

I Run a MRA Vario now that's also real good.

Great advice Doyle, thanks, I will try that out as I am not crazy about how this one looks anyhow! Is Sportech close to stock as far as this goes?

003.jpg

Great advice Doyle, thanks, I will try that out as I am not crazy about how this one looks anyhow! Is Sportech close to stock as far as this goes?

Yep, looks real close.. :bowdown:

Post a wanted thread I'll bet someone would surely let you have or at least try there stock one..

OK, a little help, please. After reading the whole thread, not sure if I understand.

I have an '08, about 500 miles on it, I am 6' 2" and on the highway on windy days, I get pummeled. Stock windshield. The bike is stable although a few serious guts through the passes in Western MD made it feel a little light in the front. The rest of the time, I just feel...un easy.

We did 300 miles that day last week including a highway test ride on a Kawi Concours (elec windscreen) and 30 miles on my buddies HD Ultra Classic.

If he'd said at the end of the say "Let's go back to the lake!" I would have said;

If I am riding the 'busa, no thanks, I am done.

If I am riding the Concours, sure, let's go, screen all the way up (but a LOT of helmet noise)

If I am riding the HD, sure, what wind? Nice and quiet and I can get a shower, watch the big screen and make some pop corn as we roll. :lol:

My bud rode the 'Hayabusa when I was riding his HD and he said he has no idea how I put up with the buffeting all day long. I had thought he was taking the same pounding and I was just being a wuss. How little I knew! :lol:

So, help, please! Is this just the way it is? I LOVE the 'busa but, this will not do when it's windy. It was better when I tucked down real low but, there is only so much tuck at my size and it gave me a sore neck from being crouched over and looking up. If I sat up a bit, what I think of as a comfortable position, I am holding on so tight, my hands get exhausted.

Will a larger screen make buffeting a good bit better? One post seems to be saying the stock screen is as good as it gets? Help!

Thanks!

OK, a little help, please. After reading the whole thread, not sure if I understand.

I have an '08, about 500 miles on it, I am 6' 2" and on the highway on windy days, I get pummeled. Stock windshield. The bike is stable although a few serious guts through the passes in Western MD made it feel a little light in the front. The rest of the time, I just feel...un easy.

We did 300 miles that day last week including a highway test ride on a Kawi Concours (elec windscreen) and 30 miles on my buddies HD Ultra Classic.

If he'd said at the end of the say "Let's go back to the lake!" I would have said;

If I am riding the 'busa, no thanks, I am done.

If I am riding the Concours, sure, let's go, screen all the way up (but a LOT of helmet noise)

If I am riding the HD, sure, what wind? Nice and quiet and I can get a shower, watch the big screen and make some pop corn as we roll. :lol:

My bud rode the 'Hayabusa when I was riding his HD and he said he has no idea how I put up with the buffeting all day long. I had thought he was taking the same pounding and I was just being a wuss. How little I knew! :lol:

So, help, please! Is this just the way it is? I LOVE the 'busa but, this will not do when it's windy. It was better when I tucked down real low but, there is only so much tuck at my size and it gave me a sore neck from being crouched over and looking up. If I sat up a bit, what I think of as a comfortable position, I am holding on so tight, my hands get exhausted.

Will a larger screen make buffeting a good bit better? One post seems to be saying the stock screen is as good as it gets? Help!

Thanks!

I'm 6' tall and was using the ZG DB windshield with the stock seat and there was very little buffeting. When I change to a Corbin seat, it's over an inch lower, I couldn't stand the buffeting. I changed to a Puig OE style shield and all's good again. Try sitting in your normal riding position and then sitting up or down to see which is better. If down is better you could go with a DB screen or a lower seat, Corbin or New Image maybe. At 6'2" you may want to do the Buell peg mod too.

Back