Sales ads to make you think....

Once in a while I visit a sales site we have here see what is out there for sale in the line of motorcycles...

Once in a while I come across a few ads where the seller is really dreaming...

This one for instance, a 2017 gen 2 for $20k.....low kms but still a gen 2....two lines away from this is a brand new gen 3 for $23k...

Even if the price was right the attitude being projected in the ad is a turn off. Complains of his time being waisted by others, when that’s likely the very thing he’s done with the posting of that ad.

I recently sold my truck and bought a Tesla. The traditional model of arguing over the price of a new car with the middle man, that’s how it is in my area, just isn’t worth the hassle anymore. No markups, no outrageous dealers admin fees and no invisible dealer add-ons. Ordered from my cellphone and sighed about 3 papers on pick up day and that’s it.

Even if the price was right the attitude being projected in the ad is a turn off. Complains of his time being waisted by others, when that’s likely the very thing he’s done with the posting of that ad.

I recently sold my truck and bought a Tesla. The traditional model of arguing over the price of a new car with the middle man, that’s how it is in my area, just isn’t worth the hassle anymore. No markups, no outrageous dealers admin fees and no invisible dealer add-ons. Ordered from my cellphone and sighed about 3 papers on pick up day and that’s it.
My wife loves to argue for the price she wants and she's really good at it........

I on the other hand would rather the system you describe....although I like to look over, sit and drive a vehicle I'm interested in....

What's kind of sad is I just saw an ad featuring an '86 Coupe de Ville and it was listed as a classic car....(and the seller wants a ton of cash for it).

If any of us elderly folk remember these cars, they were as square and boxy as a cardboard box...one of the least pretty Cadillacs out there IMO....

If any of us elderly folk remember these cars, they were as square and boxy as a cardboard box...one of the least pretty Cadillacs out there IMO....

What a negative spin.

You really have to admire them for ingeniously incorporating the solid lines from the K-car line-up in this Cadillac. Come on man, give credit where credit is due.

I figure by the time the wife needs to get another vehicle, she will be working hard to find one....

I told her a hybrid might be the way forward but they are hard to find as well...
So here is a thought. Just that. Something to think about.

For a time, I used to do what I called my vacation money. China had a limit on importing new vehicles into the country. Particularly for high end names. Mercedes, Range Rovers etc. But the loophole was, there was no restriction on used ones.

So I would be sent spec sheets on what a Chinese buyer wanted. Usually about a dozen at a time. I would either locate or order it for myself. And purchase it. Title it. Then sell it to them. They took care of shipping import/export stuff. It was at that point the purchase of a used car. No laws were broken.

I would think you could do something similar. There are cars sitting in the lots unsold everywhere around here.

I know we have Canadian origin registrations cars here being bought and sold. And I know Canadians have American made cars there.

So here is a thought. Just that. Something to think about.

For a time, I used to do what I called my vacation money. China had a limit on importing new vehicles into the country. Particularly for high end names. Mercedes, Range Rovers etc. But the loophole was, there was no restriction on used ones.

So I would be sent spec sheets on what a Chinese buyer wanted. Usually about a dozen at a time. I would either locate or order it for myself. And purchase it. Title it. Then sell it to them. They took care of shipping import/export stuff. It was at that point the purchase of a used car. No laws were broken.

I would think you could do something similar. There are cars sitting in the lots unsold everywhere around here.

I know we have Canadian origin registrations cars here being bought and sold. And I know Canadians have American made cars there.
It gets more complicated when the wife is involved....she is a tactile creature who needs to see and touch the vehicle she wants....

And wants a good warranty package...the last new car she bought for herself was an ordeal.....

Oh. Didn't know you hadn't even touched one of anything yet.
She is a Ford lady....we rented a couple Fords (Escape, Edge, Explorer) and she thinks the Edge ST might be the one she likes the best, not too big, not too small...

I tried to talk her into a Subaru or Mitsubishi and although she liked the look of the Subaru, there is no dealer for a hundred miles and she doesn't like that aspect...

She is a Ford lady....we rented a couple Fords (Escape, Edge, Explorer) and she thinks the Edge ST might be the one she likes the best, not too big, not too small...

I tried to talk her into a Subaru or Mitsubishi and although she liked the look of the Subaru, there is no dealer for a hundred miles and she doesn't like that aspect...
Hi. For me I like chevy's but I drive a Honds Civic with over 519000 k. Tires muffler brakes and an alternater. That is all I have done to the car. Toyota 1977 458000 k front crankshaft sells 3. 1 a frame bushing. I put in New KYB shocks. The only problem was rust that killed the frame. Fixed it 3 times then it rusted at the trans mount. So I pulled the head to see the inside of the motor. It had no ride so may be 400000 k in the motor.

Hi. For me I like chevy's but I drive a Honds Civic with over 519000 k. Tires muffler brakes and an alternater. That is all I have done to the car. Toyota 1977 458000 k front crankshaft sells 3. 1 a frame bushing. I put in New KYB shocks. The only problem was rust that killed the frame. Fixed it 3 times then it rusted at the trans mount. So I pulled the head to see the inside of the motor. It had no ride so may be 400000 k in the motor.
My brother had a few Toyota Camrys back to back....one had over 200,000 miles on it when he sold it and the last he heard it had over 500,000 on it.

My wife's Ford is a Focus made in Germany and it has been a great car but the salt brine has taken it's toll on the thing....it's rusting to death although it starts and runs just like a new one....

Once in a while we come across these kinds of bikes....

They are getting more rare and this one looks like a decent one..I remember in the day racing against them and they were deceptively fast..but with an aftermarket exhaust sounded like an outboard motor..

the guy wants more than it was new however...

No, inflation is massive.

1982 CB900F MSRP: $3,495

1695820524377.png

Back