S1000RR break in complete

I love my Gen1 and will always have a busa in the garage. Many members have more than one bike and post up thoughts on their second bike. I'm curious where the not hating is coming from...

i'd have one if i could. i've had 3 busa's, been here over 4.5 years and ride a zx10 now, after my '07 was stolen.

Last edited:
FWIW the stock Hayabusa never claimed a 200MPH top speed (that I am aware of).
In fact 194MPH is stated as the being it's "as tested" top speed prior to 2001 when all such capable machines were clipped to the the arbitrary 186MPH limit.

If you can find documentation to support otherwise...please share it.

This BMW is still a nice machine and deserves recognition in any forum titled "General Bike Related Topics"
Personally, I find the BMW dealer support as helpful as gangrene. They are fine and happy to help with tiny stuff and anything you are willing to pay for, but they will and are trained to run circles around you all day if necessary to avoid their own out of pocket warranty work. I suppose the same case could be made for any dealer...but with the BMW name behind it, I would expect a little more support.

:beerchug:

sixpack, early models had the chance of basily overextending(failing) with the kickstand, this was not a big issue with actual cases. just something BMW fixed as a preventative matter. they put a more beefy system in place to fix it.

BusaCruise. not sure I feel the same with our BMW dealership here in OKC, like any case though, it's a dealership and they all act independently on how much they will work with you, I have had no issues with mine so far and they have been very helpful and willing to work with me. heck, the fact that any BMW motorcycle comes with a 3 year / 36,000 mile warrenty with roadside assistance is pretty tits to me.

Congratulations Dan, nice bike.

I guess I am in real trouble ... I have 5 Hondas in the garage. :poke:

DSCN1022.jpg

The 2011 Zx10r is going to be ALL NEW in every aspect and I'm sure Kawi has that bike in their sights . Look out :whistle:
By the way the Bimmer is a beautiful bike and you can't go wrong with a three yr warranty :)

it's a sweet ride for sure, love mine, check out http://http://www.s1000rrforum.com/ ,good forum, if you haven't already visited, forum is still young but will grow.

make sure if your bike was a early production bike that it has the kickstand recall completed.

Thanks for the heads up on the kickstand! I joined the forum last week after getting the bike. Dan was taken so my screen name is DDT.

FWIW the stock Hayabusa never claimed a 200MPH top speed (that I am aware of).
In fact 194MPH is stated as the being it's "as tested" top speed prior to 2001 when all such capable machines were clipped to the the arbitrary 186MPH limit.

If you can find documentation to support otherwise...please share it.

This BMW is still a nice machine and deserves recognition in any forum titled "General Bike Related Topics"
Personally, I find the BMW dealer support as helpful as gangrene. They are fine and happy to help with tiny stuff and anything you are willing to pay for, but they will and are trained to run circles around you all day if necessary to avoid their own out of pocket warranty work. I suppose the same case could be made for any dealer...but with the BMW name behind it, I would expect a little more support.

:beerchug:

That's a little disappointing to hear. I was expecting the same service the the car side of the BMW gives.

That's a little disappointing to hear. I was expecting the same service the the car side of the BMW gives.

They do have great service but it's like anything else. You have to find a competent dealer... ;)

Who Cares if this is a BUSA Forum. I have a Boulevard and a BUELL. Although the Buell does not live up to the standard of quality that the Busa Does I still share it with the Org Family. The BMW is Badd ARSE so :moon:

Indeed a sweet and unique bike of its own:thumbsup:

I have not posted on this thread nor have any intention, but I do know your your lil cup wont fly around here...and yes you are welcome here.....but your steaming cup isnt.....:thumbsup: You wont be here any longer if a mod doesnt like your cup either...chill out....

BMW is a great bike, Good on ya dan...sucks there is a restrictor on break in period, odd...but hey whatever works....would help me as Id rip that baby out of the box!!!!!! Enjoy it!

I cant agree further more than this:thumbsup:

here is my axis of evil :D:D:D, all total, 536 hp :D:D:D

2nas40k.jpg

Never met you Mr. Anderson, but I think I don't like you !! :laugh:

VERY NICE rides man !!! :bowdown:

SOOOOOOOOO, what's your favorite ? and don't give me that "this one is better for this" stuff :laugh: If you had to choose only one which one would it be ?

Last edited:
Kenny,
we'll thinking it over without a question of a doubt right now it would be the Ducati. It's unconfortable, impractical, the headlights are terrible, can't see nothing other than your elbows out of the rear view mirrors(these are the worst out of all the bikes i've rode) it's a convection oven for your crotch and butt, the gas tank is to small (100 miles between fillups). even with all these issues, the bike is just to fun to ride. i'm sure you've all heard it before, but the sound of the L-twin is just plain music. I don't have to discuss looks of the bike, doubly sex with the pearl white. maintenance is not all that bad, shimming the valves is no more difficult than any other bike. chain adjust is super easy as is rear tire removal.
so yeah the ducati.

I have to admit. after riding the 1198 and then going to the busa, I have to say unfortunately that the torque of the L-twin combined with the lightness of the bike, the Ducati wins in this department in my opinion. it may not be the case, but that's how I felt. unfortunately the busa just didn't feel like it had the same pull especially down low, surprised me! and the 1198 just feels like it is using less effort to pull it to redline.

Last edited:
Back