engine break in

hemi

Registered
had a few questions about engine break in, just turned over 600 miles on my 08 busa. Think i might have hit a tad over 6000rpm's once, accelerated fairly hard pretty often but normally kept it to a max of 5000. As long as i don't go over the recommended rpm's, it wouldn't hurt anything accelerating pretty hard up to 5000 right? After 600 miles, changed my oil and cleaned chain today, am i good to go now. Is the engine completely broken in and ready for action!!

If it the manual says thats it, bust it open man. If I remember my Gen I was the same guidelines so for rpm and miles. Good luck.

Going from memory, I think the manual also says no more than 8000 RPM's until 1000 miles. I think that part is more for letting the Busa break you in. :poke:

had a few questions about engine break in, just turned over 600 miles on my 08 busa. Think i might have hit a tad over 6000rpm's once, accelerated fairly hard pretty often but normally kept it to a max of 5000. As long as i don't go over the recommended rpm's, it wouldn't hurt anything accelerating pretty hard up to 5000 right? After 600 miles, changed my oil and cleaned chain today, am i good to go now. Is the engine completely broken in and ready for action!!
Nah you didn't hurt anything. If you want to go by the book, keep her below 8000 RPMs until you get 1000 miles on the ODO, and then the 11k redline is the limit. :thumbsup:

D

the owners manual says not to go above 8k rpms till 1k miles. then change oil and HOLD ON!!

600 miles at an average of 40mph is 15 hours....or 900 mins.
At an average of 3000 rpms that is 2,700,000 trips up and down for them pistons....
Nothing broke yet..... Ride her like she is stolen...
Rode hard and put away wet.. enjoy...:laugh:

Back