Question about the break in

beenabusa

Registered
hey everyone,

Was just wondering if someone could tell me what the break rpm for the first 600 miles on a 08 busa is? I am hearing all sorts of diifrent from 4,000 to 6,000. The problem is the dealership gave me the wrong manual and what the manual says is not to go over 5.:banghead:

Last edited:
You'll get a million different answears on this one. As per manual, I'm not sure what it is. I rode mine like I would any other time on any new bike I've had.

As per the manual I think it's 0-600 miles @ 5500RPM and 600-1000 miles @ 8000RPM.

Yep, confirmed page 4-2 in the manual

Run the crap out of it after you let it warm up good at the dealer.

The "break-in" is for YOU,............not the BIKE!! Getting the silicon off the new tires,..........and getting YOU use to the bike's power, braking, and handling characteristics is the reason for the "break-in".

Today's engines are built almost perfect,........compared to 2 or 3 decades ago. All they really need is a good oil supply. So,..........go ride it like you want!!:race:

You know after 30 some years of dyno time and tuning, we spend tens of thousands of dollars to find a few ponies for drag race motors..

I can say with some certainty that a lot of this article is just noise... Other parts are spot on and others are downright destructive... (all depending on what we are working on)

I always suggest going with what the "maker" suggests.. they are paying for warranty repairs and time on this stuff and know best how to make it last the longest.. I still figure none of this is going to make much difference in a motor until you get it down the road 30 or 40K...

You know when a motor runs its very best? ....

just before it explodes.. :rofl: oops not funny....

I ran mine pretty much according to the manual, but did manage to get on it from time to time. Did a lot of riding back and forth to work and some cruising without the need to grip it and rip it, but when I felt the urge I did. :laugh:

Just ride it and don't lug it and don't hold the throttle in one position, work the rings back and forth against the cylinder walls. Change the oil when required, initially and regularly. Don't worry about 5000 6000 or even a brief 7 or 8 grand, don't baby it and don try and destroy it.

Last edited:
This is my first bike "off the showroom" so i am doing the break in from the owners manual but it isnt very specific it seems like it tells you to get on it the take it slow....just when you get on it dont go over the listed rpm. But seems thats what mototune is just faster. Just didnt know a break in peroid could make you so ancy to see what the machine can do!:laugh:

This is my first bike "off the showroom" so i am doing the break in from the owners manual but it isnt very specific it seems like it tells you to get on it the take it slow....just when you get on it dont go over the listed rpm. But seems thats what mototune is just faster. Just didnt know a break in peroid could make you so ancy to see what the machine can do!:laugh:

It's all marketing! :laugh:

Back