The first ride after the break-in?

Tiresmoke

Registered
So I'm around 250 miles on the clock and I'm itching to get out of the "break in" period so I can feel what the bike can really do. My question is... for those of you who followed the recommended break in procedure, what was is like the first time you revved your baby past 5500 rpm?

uh, I'm sorry, but if you've been keeping it under 5500 you should be ashamed of yourself..
mad.gif
ya gots ta wind that bad boy up.. breakin' period or not.. may be too late for you, but that's my opinion. and if you haven't had it over that... my advice is to hang on!

You should get the bike out on I95 at night or when there are no cars around and do two or three roll on's in third from 35mph to redline. Don't snap the throttle, just a nice hard roll on. After doin' this several times ride home and change the oil immediatly.Make sure you run dino, synthetic is no good this early in the game. You can make the switch at 3,000 mi. or so.

uh, I'm sorry, but if you've been keeping it under 5500 you should be ashamed of yourself..
mad.gif
 ya gots ta wind that bad boy up.. breakin' period or not.. may be too late for you, but that's my opinion.  and if you haven't had it over that... my advice is to hang on!
I dunno if I buy into the "break it in HARD" theory. I'm trying to stay w/i factory-recomended suggestions. I have run it up and down the RPM range they specify and not cruised at any particular RPM. I've also varied the load a lot. I just haven't zipped past the 5500RPM barrier because they said not to.

I've already changed my oil once at 100 miles. Depending on what I see through the little window, I might change it again before 600.

I LIKED THE BREAK IN FOR ME AS WELL AS THE BIKE. THINGS HAPPEN FASTER ON THIS BIKE THAN ANY OTHER SO YOU SHOULD BREAK YOURSELF IN AS WELL AS THE BIKE. THEN ENJOY THE RIDE.

wink.gif

Back