Hayabusa engine bogs and wont rev

Curtisfinn

Registered
???When I go to WOT from an idle, the engine bogs severely and will not rev. If you accelerate the engine slowly from idle, the engine will rev to 5000 rpms, then the engine shuts off. I have checked the TPS, the cam sensor, the crank sensor, all plugs fire, injectors are pulsing and spraying fuel. Its as if the bike believes it is in some type of safe mode. Any suggestions???

fuel delivery

pressure / volume check time

injectors can appear to be fine and still be starving motor... shoot some carb cleaner down the top while you are doing the rev thing and see if that changes the outcome... if it is fuel delivery, it should respond

Last edited:
I checked fuel pressure off the pump, result was 45#'s. Did not check it while bike is running or reving. The pump is brand new although I know it could still be crap. Inijectors did spray fuel as the engine was spinning over, but not sure if was enough or in the right time sequence.

by the issue you are describing, you need to check the pressure with the motor running and during run up.. the spray of carb clean will clear a "lean" condition and indicate some type of fuel delivery issue.. just eliminate that as a possible before going bonkers chasing electronic ghosts..

static pressure is only a partial bill of health..

Well you got 2 damm good mechanics trying 2 help.I know susuki4life worked on a lot of them.And BOGUS knows his stuff real well his info is anything but bogus.:beerchug:

maybe the fuel pump screen is pluged up so wont allow enough fuel for high rpms

This happened to mine!

It was indeed the pump screen and they Por'd the tank because it had rusted. Check for rust in the tank and if you see some most likely the pump screen is clogged.

The bike would only rev to about 8K and it wasnt that strong.

On a long trip back home from Laguna Seca, I experienced the same thing...bike would not rev over 7000 RPM. It was a fuel delivery problem. Bought a used fuel pump on EBay for $40. Problem solved. Check fuel delivery.

Thought I might throw this in the mix as well, had the same conditions starting at 7500+/-,replaced plugs and fuel pump after checking entire fuel system per manual.Nothing, no codes either. Plugs & pump improved up to 8500. Next came a new fuel pressure regulator-now tops out @9500. Disconnected every add-on, back to stock,still there. Only thing I didn't check was the rectifier, I checked each plug ignitor when I changed the plugs. After running test, again per manual, it didn't hit or meet any of the values given in the table. Got one on the way, Goldenchild has been a huge help getting me back on track-literly, so far I've missed the first 3 races. I now know of 3 other '06's with 5-6000 miles that all had to replace the rectifier after showing the same faults- may be worth checking yours???

Back