05 busa bogging hard at 6k rpm after motor swap

Joshmc628

Registered
2005 hayabusa didn’t have any kind of fuel issues before motor blew. Just put in a 99 engine and now it won’t go past 6k in every gear. it almost feels like a false rev limiter. I’ve swapped my flywheel and tps sensor from the 05 engine. Also put in a new fuel pump/filter as well as bypassing kickstand sensor. Also changed out the fuel pump line as it was kinked. Before changing fuel pump it bogged at 5k but new pump “allows” bogging at 6k. Any advice is appreciated

2005 hayabusa didn’t have any kind of fuel issues before motor blew. Just put in a 99 engine and now it won’t go past 6k in every gear. it almost feels like a false rev limiter. I’ve swapped my flywheel and tps sensor from the 05 engine. Also put in a new fuel pump/filter as well as bypassing kickstand sensor. Also changed out the fuel pump line as it was kinked. Before changing fuel pump it bogged at 5k but new pump “allows” bogging at 6k. Any advice is appreciated
How to Clean Fuel Injectors | General Bike Related Topics

Injector Problems? Clean Plugs | Busa problems

Also wanna add that when changing the fuel pump I noticed the black plastic housing that holds the pump is cracked near the part where the fuel pump is grounded. When I pulled the pump out the plastic fell in 2 pieces.It actually still holds pretty firmly once everything is seated in. Had to pull pretty hard to even get it out.
7769F6F0-50C2-41C2-A623-905CEB4F6088.jpeg

Last edited:
Disconnected secondary injectors?

I bought a B-King that had been lightly used and then parked for a while... it ran strong up to around 6000rpms and then fell on its face bogging and sputtering. Bought some concentrated Chevron injector cleaner and one tank of fuel later, it was back to full strength. Secondary injectors were plugged up... owner before me never took the rpms up high enough to ever engage them... hard to imagine...

If your secondaries are not flowing at all due to a computer or electrical issue, this "could" be your problem.

Or not.

Just a suggestion. :beerchug:

Disconnected secondary injectors?

I bought a B-King that had been lightly used and then parked for a while... it ran strong up to around 6000rpms and then fell on its face bogging and sputtering. Bought some concentrated Chevron injector cleaner and one tank of fuel later, it was back to full strength. Secondary injectors were plugged up... owner before me never took the rpms up high enough to ever engage them... hard to imagine...

If your secondaries are not flowing at all due to a computer or electrical issue, this "could" be your problem.

Or not.

Just a suggestion. :beerchug:
It’s a gen 1, it doesn’t have secondaries.

I’d suggest putting a fuel pressure gauge on it and taking it for a ride and see what the fuel pressure is doesn’t then that happens.

Also, did you bypass the clutch switch?

I’d suggest putting a fuel pressure gauge on it and taking it for a ride and see what the fuel pressure is doesn’t then that happens.

Haven’t tried bypassing the clutch switch, going to try that next. Also don’t have a fuel pressure gauge but I can get one if it’s vital in troubleshooting this. I’m seeing threads about a fuel filter mod that bypasses the permanent filter by drilling a hole near it, then adding a inline filter outside the tank. I’m considering trying this too.

Haven’t tried bypassing the clutch switch, going to try that next. Also don’t have a fuel pressure gauge but I can get one if it’s vital in troubleshooting this. I’m seeing threads about a fuel filter mod that bypasses the permanent filter by drilling a hole near it, then adding a inline filter outside the tank. I’m considering trying this too.
You don’t want to bypass the clutch switch.

Knowing that you have proper fuel pressure with problems like this is a must. So yes, it’s vital.

About 5 Busa's ago I had the same thing. Shiddy paper fuel filter was falling apart and had clogged the little screens on top of the injectors. lOTS OF PEEPS HAD THIS PROBLEM. I stayed up all night to get it figured.Took a tooth brush to the screens,got a disposable fuel filter,tossed the stock type,problem solved.That was back around 2000,maybe 2002. :crazy:
NO....I dont feel old.:race:

Rubb.

About 5 Busa's ago I had the same thing. Shiddy paper fuel filter was falling apart and had clogged the little screens on top of the injectors. lOTS OF PEEPS HAD THIS PROBLEM. I stayed up all night to get it figured.Took a tooth brush to the screens,got a disposable fuel filter,tossed the stock type,problem solved.That was back around 2000,maybe 2002. :crazy:
NO....I dont feel old.:race:

Rubb.
how old was that filter that it fell apart :poke: :lol:

Like @Boosted Cycle Perf said, do NOT bypass the switch.

Back