Newbie needs help!

newren

Registered
Hi Guys, I am based in the UK and I am building a gen1 hayabusa buggy/sandrail.

I have the buggy running but it is not great...I have cleaned the injectors, fitted new plugs and gapped them, I am running an after market sausage type Pipercross filter, art race cans, airbox has been removed, pair system removed, I only have the vacum pipes going to the MAP sensor. At full throttle the engine seems fine, low revs are jerky with what seems to be a miss fire, poor idle. If I disconnect the MAP sensor the engine idles fine and the revs seem smooth throughout the rev range, I have only tried this with the buggy in the garage and not driving down the road, I have tried a differentMAP sensor and I have the same problem!!

Andrew.

The FI light is not iluminated, I have set the TPS, Revs at 1250 rpm, it runs fine with the manifold pressure sensor disconected...

I have tried another sensor......same problem, I have extended the wiring loom so I may have to check the wiring for the sensor!

I have checked the wiring and this is fine, I have entered dealer mode and no fault codes show up....ECU?

Yeah someone should have the picture of which cable you need to check. seeing as how your engine it out of the bike and in a buggy you are going to need to search around a bit for it. someone should post it on here soon, i dont have the picture saved myself

Here ya go-

Remove the seat, find the white plug(it may or may not have a cap on it), use a wire or paperclip to jump the terminals. The switch must be on, doesn't matter if the bike is running. This will display the trouble code on the dash, C then a 2 digit number, C00 means there are no codes present. Any other code number can be searched and found on this site, it will help narrow down your problem. This is also perfectly safe and will not harm the bike, it's sometimes reffered to as Dealer mode.
The picture below shows the plug with the cap on, however it's much simpler to remove the cap for easier acess to the pins in the plug.

208833d1294169292-blue-flame-shooting-out-exhaust-help-wire-20jump.jpg

Hope that helps

One time had my airbox off my bike and when I reinstalled the airbox forgot to hook back up the vacume line to the air sensor on back left hand corner and bike ran like **** but for hot throw a code
Posted via Mobile Device

Back