Hopeful buyer - Break in ?

justin726

Registered
Is there any kind of general agreement about how to properly break in a new Busa?  It looks like this Saturday I will be selling my Honda VTX which means next week I will be on the hunt for a new or very slightly used Busa.  If I buy new I probably won't buy local just because around here (Nebraska) sportbikes aren't very comon and Busa's are pretty hard to come by.  So my idea is to find a good deal, and if I have to, fly out and drive the bike back.  Will driving maybe 500-800 miles (mostly interstate) be very good for the break in period.  Or will I be better off driving to pick it up and trailering it home and then doing a proper break in?  

The reason I am thinking of flying out and driving back is because it is cheaper than shipping.  Use frequent flier miles for the plane and then maybe $60 for a hotel room and add in the price of gas and I should have it home for under $100.

Looking for a new 40th Ann. or a new or used all black Busa.

Good luck on your hunt.
super.gif
Check out www.cycletrader.com
type.gif

If your going to fly and ride it back don't ride at a constant speed for more than a few minutes at a time.

Free State Cycle you can pay $9400.00 ,4a busa in MD 301-808-9500 and Romney Ccycle center in WV. you can pay wholesale price call Donnie Wolford at 304-822-3933
smile.gif

yeah if you look around, i dont know where i found it at, but it is on the boards soimewhere. It talks about breaking in the busa and it is a relatively new theory. From what I got out of it, it is just basically rapping it up to higher rpms and then letting whine down at lower speeds. Just bascially hogging on it and making a lot of noise. It has been a while and I dont much remember but let me know if you find out some cool info, message me on it. Later take care and good luck on the new purchase. I bought mine in Amarillo TX at sharps motorsports. I got an awesome deal. 10,300 with ttl all paid for.

if you stay at a hotel take the bike inside the room or find secure parking hotel and bikes seem to get stolen
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

yeah if you look around, i dont know where i found it at, but it is on the boards soimewhere.  It talks about breaking in the busa and it is a relatively new theory.  From what I got out of it, it is just basically rapping it up to higher rpms and then letting whine down at lower speeds.  Just bascially hogging on it and making a lot of noise.  It has been a while and I dont much remember but let me know if you find out some cool info, message me on it.  Later take care and good luck on the new purchase.  I bought mine in Amarillo TX at sharps motorsports.  I got an awesome deal.  10,300 with ttl all paid for.
k5fan... you talkin' about this?
wink.gif

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

I read that recent shootout netween the Busa and the ZX12 recently..........read it Borders........US cycle mags generally blow but I'll read for free when I can........British MAgs rule .......Anyway, Suzuki shows up with it's Busa.......stock......<275miles on the thing and then proceeded to pound the shiite out it..........the ZX12 as well.
smile.gif

POUND ON IT!!!!!!!

It's that easy....................funner than hell too

Just read that break in Article.............That's good advice.

Ok .......I vote for sealing rings with this method though I'm not sure I could stay under 65 Then

POUND ON IT!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the board. I think your question was pretty well covered but I tried to just follow the manual on my break in.

Back