Rumors

Busa45

Registered
With all the hype going around about the ZX-14, I keep hearing rumors that Suzuki is going to make some changes to our beloved Busa. I've heard everything from adding 20 hp and dropping 20 pounds to going to a 1500 6-cylinder engine! Anyone have any insider info?

I still want to see some REAL tests on this new so called "Busa beater".

Don't know much about a new busa, but I would sure like to see some close up pics of the blue wheels on the bike in your avatar...

I emailed an Enginnering rep at Suzuki as he is an old Army bud of my dad's and a good friend of the family. While chatting with him, i inquired about if/when a new Busa was to follow, he responded saying the Busa's days were numbered due to it growing more out of date each year based on a public survey. He said no Busa from 08' and on, but to look for a model that will be alot more radical than anything that's been produced. Looks like the 07' is our Busa's final year in the sun. Good news though, he said 07' will have a deep jade green kandy pearl LE Busa.  
RIP Busa.  
sad.gif

Just kidding, i'm like everyone else and haven't the slightest idea what's ahead.  
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149806972 -->

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I emailed an Enginnering rep at Suzuki as he is an old Army bud of my dad's. I inquired about if/when a new Busa was to follow, he responded saying the Busa's days were numbered due to it growing more out of date each year based on a public survey.. He said no Busa from 08' and on. Looks like the 07' is it's final year in the sun. Good new though, he said 07' will have a deep jade green kandy pearl Busa.  
RIP Busa.  
sad.gif

Just kidding, i'm like everyone else and haven't the slightest idea what ahead.  
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I started to tear up like that indian on the littering comercial.  Thanks a lot.

<!--EDIT|Toyz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149802029 -->

indian1.jpg

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yep !! That was wrong GMbusa ! Now go sit in the corner .....as Vabusa would say .

I hate to say this, but I have been riding my Busa since 2003, I have been a member of this board since 2004 and every time someone starts a thread about a new Busa I start to get ill.

I mean seriously, it is brought up every few months, people spread unsubstantiated rumors about a new Busa this, new Busa that. it is going to have this and that.

I know the people that haven’t been around long enough does get bother by this, but I have gotten to the point I normally dont even open threads that have New Busa in the title any more.

Just now I am getting so nauseated by all the rumors that turn out to be bogus I now feel compelled to call BS and express my overwhelming desire for the talk of new Busa to enter the grave until the day there is an upgraded Busa sitting on a show room floor somewhere.

Oh, and welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

I emailed an Enginnering rep at Suzuki as he is an old Army bud of my dad's. I inquired about if/when a new Busa was to follow, he responded saying the Busa's days were numbered due to it growing more out of date each year based on a public survey.. He said no Busa from 08' and on. Looks like the 07' is it's final year in the sun. Good new though, he said 07' will have a deep jade green kandy pearl Busa.  
RIP Busa.  
sad.gif

Just kidding, i'm like everyone else and haven't the slightest idea what ahead.  
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I started to tear up like that indian on the littering comercial.  Thanks a lot.
+1...THAT WAS NOT FUNNY
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if they discontinued the Hayabusa...

They really need a new model and if they brought out a radical bike with the same name "Hayabusa" - it just wont be radical enough...

I think they will change the nomenclature of the GSX1500R to ByeaBusa...as in what we will be telling all the other bikes out there when we pass them at a trifling 220mph with room to spare and 0-60 in 2 seconds ;)

Yeah...

Byeabusa - you heard it over here first!!
mad.gif

I havent heard anything about a new Busa, but I heard that Bombardier aka Ski-doo is reintroducing the Can-Am name, they will very soon be releasing an all new Rotax powered MX bike, and if the stories from the Ski-doo rep are true, a new Streetbike as well, there was talk of some sort of articulating frame, but I cant figure that one out.

Just passing along info, no BS here from me. This was from the Northern Alberta Bombi rep.

Suzuki here which is also head of East Europe Suzuki , says , no new model until 2008 , the new busa will carry Hayabusa name , the engine will be much more powerful and lighter (lighter than expected they said) . No 6 cyclinder , no 1500cc , the new engine will be around somewhere between 1350-1400cc . These are what they said a week ago to me .

Back