Buy a Flashed Box?

Tian

Registered
Hi guys.....

Can i buy a flashed ecu like at a online store and fit it in my bike?
Or is it safer to get my bike on dyno and get it tuned and flashed on there?

I heard rumors that flashing your bike it must be on a dyno getting setted up for your climate etc and if you dont you will burt your engin over the long run? Is this true?
Other rumors says that i can fit it and if not tuned perfectly it might just cause being heavier on fuel?
And some say there is no difference and its safe to do so.....

In Namibia is no place that can flash or dyno my bike. Need to go down to SA for that. But there is a flashed box in SA for real.cheap from a wrecked Busa and i really wants to need it but i am just scared that i may hurt my bike by fitting it.

What is your opinions on this?

Hi Tian , ideally you would get the ECU flashed and then dyno'd by the same tuner . But a reputable tuner , will be able to flash your ECU if you send it to them and explain your main riding style and conditions , fuel etc . They theoretically should be able to get it close to or very good performance for your bike . I am going to get my ECU reflashed , I was told your ECU is matched to your key and ignition , so a different ECU may need some adaption , but am not sure about this . I am thinking about an Woolich Racing Editor , and doing it myself , but I am honestly not up to speed with computer use . I am a bit concerned about sending mine in post , because retail replacement is around AU$ 2.5 K ..... if lost !!
Hang in there , hopefully Frank or someone can reply and confirm whats what bro shortly . :thumbsup:

I have switched ECU's on Busas (all gen 2) quite a few times. I even have an extra I bought on Ebay that I swap in at times. There are some changes when flashing that don't require much thought, STP and timing maps for gears 2-3 on gen 2 for example, that would be a benefit even if nothing else was changed.

Note that if you buy an ECU that has been flashed by Woolich you will need a Woolich box to be able to work with that ECU again, even if you ultimately want to use ECU Editor. You have to erase the ECU with Woolich before EE will connect to the ECU. Point is know what you are buying when you get another ECU.

My ecu personally was flashed (derestricted) by powerhouse. Sent it off, flashed then dropped it back in and rode with a bazaaz zfi

I have switched ECU's on Busas (all gen 2) quite a few times. I even have an extra I bought on Ebay that I swap in at times. There are some changes when flashing that don't require much thought, STP and timing maps for gears 2-3 on gen 2 for example, that would be a benefit even if nothing else was changed.

Note that if you buy an ECU that has been flashed by Woolich you will need a Woolich box to be able to work with that ECU again, even if you ultimately want to use ECU Editor. You have to erase the ECU with Woolich before EE will connect to the ECU. Point is know what you are buying when you get another ECU.
That what I want to hear , so interchangeable after all . Well I might as well get a second ECU for this bike and try it out . Thanks Dennis .

Back