Rsd Has Entered Week 3 As A Non-drinking Man.

Well done RSD. Good work man !

Almost 9 years dry for me.
It does get easier, not so much when there's dramas I'm in my life though. Not having a drink on my 50th birthday, wedding day, Xmas day etc was hard when all those around me were.
I'd love to have a drink "now and then" but I struggle with moderation.
I had problems with drinking that I'm happy to put in my past, playing golf with mates and having a little rest (and falling asleep), locking myself out on 12th floor hotel balconies, going out for a quick drink when my ex-wife cooked Sunday lunch and getting home on Thursday... etc etc etc.

First year I gave up drinking I bought myself an old 80's GSX1100.
The next year I bought a 1200 Bandit.
Over the next few years I bought others, purely with my past drinking budget, now I use the money to run them.

I liked being a drinker,
but I know I had to change.

Great choices RSD. For me it's 22 years alcohol free & 9 years smoke free. Want to feel really good? eliminate sugar and all processed foods from your diet, do this and watch the pounds just disappear.

Proud of you Andy... Stay focused and own this, remember why your making the changes (We don't know) and leverage that.....

Great choices RSD. For me it's 22 years alcohol free & 9 years smoke free. Want to feel really good? eliminate sugar and all processed foods from your diet, do this and watch the pounds just disappear.
Look, I know this is an old thread, but worth resurrecting!
I quit smoking 20 years ago, I just quit drinking 3 months ago, I had to quit all sugar and refined carbohydrates also . . amazing the wake up call when you get a type 2 diabetes diagnosis.
I went from 102kg down to 87kg in 3 months due to total diet change/no booze.
I've had a few infections lately due to the diabetes, lung infection, ankle infection, I'm battling a week long headache caused by sinusitis, off to see the doctor AGAIN today to discuss my latest blood tests, your prayers would be appreciated, thanks guys. You're my (Busa) family!

I quit smoking 20 years ago, I just quit drinking 3 months ago, I had to quit all sugar and refined carbohydrates also . . amazing the wake up call when you get a type 2 diabetes diagnosis.
I've had a few infections lately due to the diabetes, lung infection, ankle infection, I'm battling a week long headache caused by sinusitis, off to see the doctor AGAIN today to discuss my latest blood tests, your prayers would be appreciated, thanks guys. You're my (Busa) family!

Prayers for you man. My grandma developed T2DM late in life and was unable to find a suitable control. My dad developed diet controlled T2DM.

I’ll keep you in my prayers kiwi!

Good luck Kiwi , sounds like you have taken yourself to task and are winning !!
I have had the same type 2 wake up call , and I know how hard the cigs are to give up....smoked since I was ten and gave up 4 years this year , now 50 .
Chin up mate , stay upright on the Busa and once again good luck at your docs .

Good luck man! I am Type 2 also but maintain a 5.7 A1C with metformin, diet and a shot. Only real problem I have had is nerve stuff. I never quit drinking but also since college I just don't drink. My weakness was pop, was doing 8-10 a day at one time (my days were usually 18 hours long)!

Take care.

Good luck man !

I am Type 2 also
but maintain a 5.7
A1C with metformin,
diet and a shot .

Only real problem
I have had is
nerve stuff .

I never quit drinking
but also since college
I just do not drink .

My weakness was pop,
was doing 8-10 a day at one time
( my days were usually 18 hours long ) !

Take care .

Blood pressure started creeping up with a fatty liver ~ changed my diet & do my best to drink alkaline water *

We all need protein & 4 legged beast are the worst kind *

im getting depressed..... but im nothing like u guys/// im gonna live forever and eat steak/French fries and pizza... also... im gonna smoke my ecigs till im 212 yrs old.

I have seen what 80 years old looks like
and I do not worry about living forever .

Once I can't sustain myself,
I'm out - PEACE !

Will, I too never thought that I would live past 40 years old ~ well here we are & hoping that our friendships last *

We can enjoy a fruitful life ~ as we continue our adventures *

Back