Rsd And His Cancer Scare

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Be as qwik as I can so as not to bore you. About 3 weeks ago I had a really nasty flu.IN bed type of flu.Could not even hold a sip of water down for more than 30 seconds.I wake up on the fourth day,stand up outa bed and the room spins at 200 miles an' hour and BOOM Rub drops like a freshly chopped fir tree.I'm in full on panic mode,crawl for my cell call 911 for an' ambulance.They load me up and blast me to the hospital.In the ambulance they insert an IV and stick liquid gravol through it(personally I think this was to stop me from puking in their bus) :eek:
Get to the hospital tell them my symptoms including chest pains. They drip 3 bags of IV solution in me and I feel 10X better. I can now stand on my own.Then they send me for a blood test,urine test and chest x-ray. 3-4 hours later they come back with their diagnosis. Severe dehydration and....wait for it...a little surprise,lung cancer. The 2 docs just kind of blurt it out. So , taxi home,where I sit for a week thinking I have lung cancer.Go see my family doc,who doesn't buy the diagnosis.He orders me up a same day emergency CT scan. That was a Wednesday.He says someone should read the scan by Friday. Next day,7:30 AM my phone rings ,its my doc,he says scan showed phemonia and a lung infection the size of a pie plate.
But NO CANCER. Rubb is a happy boy once again,and has once again cheated death.:banana:

RSD.

Glad you are all right! I have been told I was going to die 4 times now. It is unbelievable how doctors just throw that out there so matter of fact. They don't even say "you could die from this problem" they just say it's curtains. On the other hand they are so un-excited about it that it sort of doesn't seem like a big deal.

On the dehydration thing, when you have the flu and its coming out of either or both ends drink Gatorade. This will help replace critical electrolytes. I spent a week in the hospital because my potassium got below 2.0.

I couldn't even keep water in me for more than a minute before it came out somewhere.:shocked:

RSD.

ug the big C word. I would never take first opinion from anyone on it. I dont trust anyone in this world enough to follow what they say and think it is law. I am glad you got multiple opinions. C is nothing to mess around with but i am so glad you are clean Rub. Good to hear from you again by the way!

Glad your all good now Rub, those are life changing words you heard one way or the other... Now with a good prognosis, go Live Well!

Glad you are going to be alright.

Now you should go everywhere with a water bottle, drink it , refill & repeat many times a day.

No reason a grown man can't keep himself hydrated properly.

Glad your all good now Rub, those are life changing words you heard one way or the other... Now with a good prognosis, go Live Well!

Thank you Doug! Nothing but love for you Brother!

Glad you are going to be alright.

Now you should go everywhere with a water bottle, drink it , refill & repeat many times a day.

No reason a grown man can't keep himself hydrated properly.

I have always hydrated properly Timmy,it was just a bit hard to do when I couldn't even keep water down.Good advice tho Bro.

RSD.

Back