Round one severe weather in the stairwell

hey they call them modular homes now people take offense to trailers:poke:

and its here now raining hard and the wind must be about 40 or so

Actually, we call them manufactured homes now....modular is a type of manufactured home built to site built codes, HUD code homes are your typical manufactured home.......and yes, they still put that metal roof on some of them.:laugh:

and for those in them...I hope you sprung for the strap downs.:whistle:

Seriously, if you ever get a chance to see some of the modern manufactured homes, they are pretty nice.:thumbsup:

thats my house on the right and my sisters house on the left....

My Mom said Edmond got it pretty bad. I have to break down and watch the "news" to catch up.

I lived through too many tornadoes. We lived in a trailer when I was 5, the whole park was destroyed cept ours. Lots of loss of life. Fortunately we were on the edge of the park and protected by a berm. That's when parents got a house.

Is the current rationale still to head for the nearest bridge or ditch if you're driving? I've been gone too long to know what the current precautions are.

Good luck over there.

Is the current rationale still to head for the nearest bridge or ditch if you're driving? I've been gone too long to know what the current precautions are.

Absolutely not..... When the May 3rd Tornado came through OKC people were going under the bridges for safety... There are some tragic stories that I worked on the May 3rd F5 where mothers were pulled from under the bridge from their children... Test have shown that the winds are actually much higher under the bridge bacause the winds are going through a tunnel...

However, lowest area you can find... a ditch or ravine is the best... even under the road in a drainage ditch....

The real key is to not be in your car on the road and know the conditions so you don't get put into that situation.

Whew... I do not miss living in the Alley.

No thanks, Give me a storm I can see coming on the TV for a week anyday...

Been in a few tornadoes as a kid, had a couple close in Omaha, and no... No Thanks.

It's getting to be that time of year again in the Midwest, take care and be safe.

I complain about the snow, cold and gray skys here in Western New York. Given the choice, I guess I'll take 'em over a Torondo! Hope all you guys are OK! Seems too early in the season for those kind of storms! :banghead:

Here I sit on a stair in the stairwell at work because the tornado sirens just went off....

Uggggg Oklahoma weather.

NOW THAT STUFF COMING OUR WAy (INDIANA) were still trying recover from ice storms. I have raced Norman Oklahoma once they pull triples out there.Refering 2 big trucks.:bowdown:

Damn Captain you all have been hit by some serious stuff. I seen it on the weather channel!!! Stay safe!:rulez:

I hope everyone in OK is well. We had a wild weather night in Central TX as some of the storm systems rolled through. The winds were crazy!

Back