Round one severe weather in the stairwell

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Here I sit on a stair in the stairwell at work because the tornado sirens just went off....

Uggggg Oklahoma weather.

Here I go again showing my youth. Had an Aunt that grew up / lived in Mississippi and when conditions were right she would haul me to the Bomb Shelter they built.

They lost everything when I was twelve. Their truck was parked 15 feet off the front porch. It was untouched , but there little house was scattered for miles with all of their memories and belongings. My Uncle found the .22 rifle he had promised me all my life and gave it to me then. It was the only thing they recovered. I digress and threadjack with ease ...

My first week "up here" near Huntsville, AL, I experienced a few tornadoes. It was... surreal. I'm used to hurricanes and have sat in my front porch swing watching the trees get blown up the street, but tornadoes are a different beast.

I watched the tornado that went through Enterprise, AL, a few years back. At that time I worked at a weather radar manufacturer and someone there actually called it in (if I'm not mistaken).

I have a lot of respect for these storms now.

Two on the ground in OKC, one up by Edmond now passing over I-35 heading East, and the other by W. Post Airport :welcome:

You Guys Duck :beerchug:

Be careful Captain. I'm here in Norman looking north at the city. Pretty dark up your way.

Stay safe. That weather system is supposed to be here tomorrow. I hope it calms down a bit. They are predicting 25 to 40 mph winds with gusts to 60 :)

Back