Rotrex Busa Dragbike , TTS C38 low boost setup ...

Currently using AEM 400lph, probably too powerful... I was using a Chinese copy of 044, with NA setup , stated 300lph (?!). No troubles with that , upgraded when engine was charged. Just to be 'sure' ....

Dropped the engine this evening, just to find the gearbox gremlin :confused:
Kinda hoping it's torque issue with driveshaft... 150 lb ft or more from 7000 to 11000rpm... Nothing is wrong or worn , little bit shiny contacts as expected . Engine was used as road bike 30k kilometres (19k miles ) before me.
I ordered a Robinson driveshaft and a support bearing for it. Hopefully it solves the GB issues for good.

Fuel lines are sorted, (not done) but a decent strategy is made :D. Pressure regulator is hanging the air...

Hoping for a better next year , and season ...

Janne

View attachment 1674251

View attachment 1674252
Hi. I have the DME mechanical pump. I also have the Robinson HD Out put shaft and outer support bearing. I have over drive 5th and 6th gears a 20 tooth front and a 34 tooth rear also the transmission is all back cut with bilet gears

Hi. I have the DME mechanical pump. I also have the Robinson HD Out put shaft and outer support bearing. I have over drive 5th and 6th gears a 20 tooth front and a 34 tooth rear also the transmission is all back cut with bilet gears
By my calculator that is over 300mph @ 12krpm (without overdrive 5/6 gears)... My 18/47 is like dirt bike gearing compared to yours ?!

Ok, my Robinson set arrived today , I have to make some tools to press new bearings to both shafts.
My subframes are not making themselves, have to do something with those. Got a seat frame done , but rear subframe for a new fairing is far from finished. My radiator is behind seat and electric water pump is (probably) under the seat , a couple of things to measure and plan...

I know the rear fairing looks a bit long , I wanted it a bit longer than the last one, a bit of room to swingarm growth. :D

IMG_0862.jpg

By my calculator that is over 300mph @ 12krpm (without overdrive 5/6 gears)... My 18/47 is like dirt bike gearing compared to yours ?!

Ok, my Robinson set arrived today , I have to make some tools to press new bearings to both shafts.
My subframes are not making themselves, have to do something with those. Got a seat frame done , but rear subframe for a new fairing is far from finished. My radiator is behind seat and electric water pump is (probably) under the seat , a couple of things to measure and plan...

I know the rear fairing looks a bit long , I wanted it a bit longer than the last one, a bit of room to swingarm growth. :D

View attachment 1675155
Hi. It look very good. I do have the Robinson OD 5th and 6th gears. I want to be geared to about 315 to 320 MPH to see how the bad the wheel spin is. It is als built for 13500 RPM but I do not wan to hold it at that for very long.

Hi. It look very good. I do have the Robinson OD 5th and 6th gears. I want to be geared to about 315 to 320 MPH to see how the bad the wheel spin is. It is als built for 13500 RPM but I do not wan to hold it at that for very long.
I got scared of 12500rpm when coolant got spilled at 1/4 mile mark .. :D
Rear tyre went +50mph in an instant , FuelTech did not react that fast... setup problem , probably :crazy:

Please keep us updated with your 300+ mph timezone , I'm sure most of this thread followers are interested ...
I'm aiming 8.5 to 7.5 sec 1/4 mile , with a 270 - 320 kph (about 165 to 200mph) trap speed :bowdown:

We have had a deep freeze here from new year , not much happened anywhere , nothing around Busa ...
De-freezing house- and company waterpipes , drains and stuff. Keeping oil burners alive ...
This years HIGH temp is -22.1c . (-7.6 F)
LOW is -35.3c (-31 F) , and the weather have been under -30c (-22f) since new years day 5pm.

Kinda hard to imagine sweat inside leather suit .....

Best wishes ... New Year , New Season. Whatever you like, whatever you wait.

Janne L

I got scared of 12500rpm when coolant got spilled at 1/4 mile mark .. :D
Rear tyre went +50mph in an instant , FuelTech did not react that fast... setup problem , probably :crazy:

Please keep us updated with your 300+ mph timezone , I'm sure most of this thread followers are interested ...
I'm aiming 8.5 to 7.5 sec 1/4 mile , with a 270 - 320 kph (about 165 to 200mph) trap speed :bowdown:

We have had a deep freeze here from new year , not much happened anywhere , nothing around Busa ...
De-freezing house- and company waterpipes , drains and stuff. Keeping oil burners alive ...
This years HIGH temp is -22.1c . (-7.6 F)
LOW is -35.3c (-31 F) , and the weather have been under -30c (-22f) since new years day 5pm.

Kinda hard to imagine sweat inside leather suit .....

Best wishes ... New Year , New Season. Whatever you like, whatever you wait.

Janne L
Hi. Willaford was the 1st into the 5 sec and DME and others too Moor was the 1st to put it out to the world

Hi , again...

Small update, planning to move front fairing about 3 inches forward. Just to make room for my helmet behind the windshield.
Since my seat is going to be 2 inches lower and about 8 inches closer to front of bike, I thought it was a good idea to move the windshield (and the fairing) forward...
'Necking' the frame is kinda pointless , the supercharger is in the way. I might alter front fork angle a bit with custom triple trees one day...

One question about gearbox. What is the function of 'friction ring' , at drive shaft , inside 2nd gear free gear ? Is it just to prevent oil leaking from inside the driveshaft, or is it holding the gear not to rotate freely ?!? It was a pain in the a## to install , had to use the old bearing to install a new friction ring to base of drive shaft.

Janne

tempImageuxW4qh.jpg

IMG_1221 1.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

A bit slow spring, a month to first race, bike is still far from race-ready...
Spent easter at Helsinki Exhibition centre , American Car Show ... Our class sponsor wanted a selection of bikes , supercharger was needed :)

It looks like a bike , but a lot to do in a month.

Let's keep fingers crossed I can make it a race bike in 3 weeks or so.

Janne

Back