Thinking of pulling the trigger on a stage 2 TTS. Need info

mimic

Registered
Hi guys,

I stopped riding in 2008 when I sold my 1397/ It made 200RWHP and I found it wasn't the violent, outta control machine I was hoping for. I told myself the next one had to be boosted. I was thinking of going turbo but after some careful thought, I realized that I REALLY want that down low stop sign to stop sign, tire breaking lose power. I am seriously considering building a gen1 busa with a stage 2 tts kit.

I would like to know what engine work is required? Base gasket? head studs? cams? valve springs? retainers? clutch springs? etc. I wanna build it once and build it right. I wanna make between 280 and 300 RWHP reliably. Any help would be appreciated. I'm probably gonna throw on a yoshimura 4 into 1 and PC5.

Thanks in advance

Hey there Mimic. I not too long ago installed Richards stage 2 kit....It's definitely not going to be a slap it on and done job...there are alot of modifications as the kit doesn't fit perfectly. Thank god I had a fab guy that was inexpensive. You will have to modify exhaust...no way around that to make room for charge tube. I finally had my bike tuned..it made 289 HP but only 135Ft. LBS of torque...still a work in progress! If your thinking about doing it I'd say make it a winter project unless you have two bikes. I love the sound, attention, and feel of my bike with the charger on it...you'll definitely be a novelty on the bike scene. Richard has been GREAT @ resolving any issues that my mechanic and I have had. I have all internals beefed up..rods, stods, 9:1 wossners, undercut trans, steel springs and valves....I'm down one tooth on the back which might explain the lower torque numbers on dyno. I'll be starting a thread soon once I get all my pics etc. in order...good luck on whatever you decide!

Hi guys,

I stopped riding in 2008 when I sold my 1397/ It made 200RWHP and I found it wasn't the violent, outta control machine I was hoping for. I told myself the next one had to be boosted. I was thinking of going turbo but after some careful thought, I realized that I REALLY want that down low stop sign to stop sign, tire breaking lose power. I am seriously considering building a gen1 busa with a stage 2 tts kit.

I would like to know what engine work is required? Base gasket? head studs? cams? valve springs? retainers? clutch springs? etc. I wanna build it once and build it right. I wanna make between 280 and 300 RWHP reliably. Any help would be appreciated. I'm probably gonna throw on a yoshimura 4 into 1 and PC5.

Thanks in advance

Ya, Richard told me about the exhaust mod. He actually has an already modified akrapovic he could sell me with the kit. I wasn't planning on beefing up the internals as Richard at RCC told me for up to 300 HP, a base plate and cometic head gasket is plenty good enough and no need to undercut unless my tranny is quesitonable. I would tune it using an air fuel computer with an o2 sensor plugged to the exhaust. Same way I tuned my 1397. I find it's the only way to get a proper mapping.

I'm excited to see your post when you start it with the pics. PM me when you get it up please!

Back