Rose Red

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
We watched the mini series over 2 nights on DVD.... not normally a big "horror" movie fan but this was a really good "haunted house" story...
thumb_up.gif

Looks like it was on TV in 02-03 as a 1 week mini series...

never heard of it but the wife and i like movies and like referals. gonna check out the local movie store
lurk.gif

Well Stephen King is a master story teller,,, I was amazed Karen sat still for the entire thing.. her attention to these is usually about 30 minutes...

Have read an awful lot of Stephen King's books and loved everyone of them. The movies have been good too, but generally leave something out.

Have read an awful lot of Stephen King's books and loved everyone of them. The movies have been good too, but generally leave something out.
The interview with Mr King on the bonus features was great!! he said doing the mini series was fantastic as he got to do what he wanted... He commented that he is not a "take it out" type writer to meet time issues.. he is more likely to "add on" and it went well with the mini series format..

The story development was actually very very good.. I normally grow bored with the typical "horror" flick but this one was an exception just because they character development was so good..

Have read an awful lot of Stephen King's books and loved everyone of them.  The movies have been good too, but generally leave something out.
The interview with Mr King on the bonus features was great!!  he said doing the mini series was fantastic as he got to do what he wanted... He commented that he is not a "take it out" type writer to meet time issues.. he is more likely to "add on" and it went well with the mini series format..

The story development was actually very very good.. I normally grow bored with the typical "horror" flick but this one was an exception just because they character development was so good..
I may have to check it out then!

Have read an awful lot of Stephen King's books and loved everyone of them.  The movies have been good too, but generally leave something out.
The interview with Mr King on the bonus features was great!!  he said doing the mini series was fantastic as he got to do what he wanted... He commented that he is not a "take it out" type writer to meet time issues.. he is more likely to "add on" and it went well with the mini series format..

I may have to check it out then!
+1 my wife is not a horror person but we both like stephen. sounds like your wife is like mine ill have to talk her into it but i know shell try it for me. btw thanks for not givn anyting away

He is one of my favorite authors also.

You can actually go and stay in the castle that was used for the movie.
Rose Red Mansion
Yea I saw that on the special features of the DVD... I guess the owner had turned the bottom floor into apartments (money problems) and they also sold surrounding estate for homes (24 I think they said)

ABC restored the floor plan as part of the movie deal...

The B&B would be a neat weekend I bet...

His bit parts are typically cheesy/goofy charactors~ Always cracks me up~ I loved the way he wrote himself into the last book of The Dark Tower series~ Even tied in his 'gettin run over' incident in there to the point that Roland (the main charactor) was feelin his pains~ Definitly a master at the art of tellin stories~
thumb_up.gif

Back