anybody besides me,on the edge

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I'm looking forward to this one. Steven King is way cool.
bowdown.gif

1408 looks pretty sweet. You can usually count on a movie based on one of his books...usually. It depends on how much artistic intervention he's allowed to input sometimes.

The Steven King books/writings that have been turned into movies,short films and mini series.

1976 - Carrie
1979 - Salem's Lot
1980 - The Shining
1982 - Creepshow (Five short films: "Father's Day," "The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill," "Something to Tide You Over," "The Crate," and "They're Creeping Up On You")
1982 - The Boogeyman (short film)
1983 - Cujo
1983 - The Dead Zone
1983 - Christine
1983 - Disciples of the Crow (short film)
1983 - The Woman in the Room (short film)
1984 - Children of the Corn
1984 - Firestarter
1985 - Cat's Eye (Three short films: "Quitters, Inc.," "The Ledge," and "The General")
1985 - Silver Bullet
1985 - Stephen King's Nightshift Collection (Two short films: "The Woman in the Room" and "The Boogeyman")
1985 - Word Processor of the Gods (episode of Tales from the Darkside)
1986 - Gramma (episode of The Twilight Zone)
1986 - Maximum Overdrive
1986 - Stand By Me
1987 - Creepshow 2 (Three short films: "Old Chief Wood'n'head," "The Raft," and "The Hitchhiker")
1987 - A Return to Salem's Lot
1987 - The Running Man
1987 - The Last Rung on the Ladder (short film)
1987 - Sorry, Right Number (episode of Tales from the Darkside)
1989 - Pet Sematary
1990 - The Cat From Hell (short film)
1990 - Graveyard Shift
1990 - It (TV mini-series)
1990 - Misery
1990 - The Moving Finger (Monsters episode)
1991 - Golden Years (TV miniseries)
1991 - Sometimes They Come Back
1992 - Sleepwalkers
1993 - The Dark Half
1993 - Needful Things
1993 - The Tommyknockers (miniseries)
1993 - Chinga (episode of The X-files)
1994 - The Shawshank Redemption
1994 - The Stand (miniseries)
1995 - The Langoliers (miniseries)
1995 - The Mangler
1995 - Dolores Claiborne
1995 - Stephen King's Nightshift Collection
1996 - Thinner
1997 - The Shining (TV miniseries)
1997 - Ghosts (music video)
1997 - The Night Flier (HBO Movie)
1997 - Quicksilver Highway (segment Chattery Teeth)
1997 - Trucks (TV Remake of Maximum Overdrive)
1998 - Apt Pupil
1999 - The Green Mile
1999 - The Rage: Carrie 2
1999 - Storm of the Century (TV miniseries)
1999 - Llamadas (short film)
2000 - Paranoid(short film)
2001 - Hearts in Atlantis
2001 - Strawberry Spring (short film)
2002 - Rose Red (TV miniseries)
2002 - The Dead Zone (TV Series)
2002 - Night Surf (short film)
2002 - Rainy Season (short film)
2002 - Carrie (TV movie remake)
2003 - Dreamcatcher
2003 - The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer (TV movie)
2003 - Autopsy Room Four (short film)
2003 - Here There Be Tygers (short film)
2003 - The Man in the Black Suit (short film)
2004 - Secret Window
2004 - Kingdom Hospital (TV series)
2004 - Salem's Lot (TV miniseries)
2004 - Luckey Quarter (short film)
2004 - The Secret Transit Codes of America's Highways (short film)
2004 - All That You Love Will Be Carried Away (short film)
2004 - Riding the Bullet
2006 - Desperation (TV miniseries)
2006 - Nightmares and Dreamscapes: From the stories of Stephen King

"1408" better than "300" by a long shot...1108 as a matter of fact.
laugh.gif

RSD.

I hope they do a good job of translating it to film, he hasn't been happy with most of the movie versions of his books. My all-time favorite is still Kubricks's interpretation of The Shining ("Here's Johnny!")

shiningc.jpg

I thought you were talking about the new motor size for the 08 Busa.
firedevil.gif

i like pretty much all of King's stuff...just finished reading the Dark Tower series- awesome
beerchug.gif

(DAB @ Jun. 14 2007,15:18) I hope they do a good job of translating it to film, he hasn't been happy with most of the movie versions of his books. My all-time favorite is still Kubricks's interpretation of The Shining ("Here's Johnny!")

1234.JPG

I seen the trailer the other day before watching Mr.Brooks. It seems to be a scary scary movie.
SHOCKED.gif
....cant wait
super.gif

Delbert Grady: I feel you will have to deal with this matter in the harshest possible way, Mr. Torrance.
Jack Torrance: There's nothing I look forward to with greater pleasure, Mr. Grady.

24king.jpg

(semi @ Jun. 14 2007,18:37) i like pretty much all of King's stuff...just finished reading the Dark Tower series- awesome
beerchug.gif
That is my favorite novel that he's done, also~ I wish they'd make a movie of it~ They do have it out in a comic series, with Marvel, now~ Goes into more detail on Roland's life as he's growing up~
cool.gif

My wife and I went to see the Shining wen it opened in theatres without knowing anything about it. The next morning I had to go out of town on business for about three days. She wouldn't go to a movie with me again for several years.
laugh.gif

(300Busa @ Jun. 14 2007,15:19) I thought you were talking about the new motor size for the 08 Busa.  
firedevil.gif
Me Tooooooooo  
laugh.gif

How did this thing get on the Bike Network  
wink.gif

(DaCol. @ Jun. 14 2007,16:39)
(300Busa @ Jun. 14 2007,15:19) I thought you were talking about the new motor size for the 08 Busa.  
firedevil.gif
Me Tooooooooo  
laugh.gif

wink.gif
Hummmmmmmm, my bad, I though I was on General Topics when I was here @!! LONG day  
sad.gif

(DaCol. @ Jun. 14 2007,16:41)
(DaCol. @ Jun. 14 2007,16:39)
firedevil.gif
Me Tooooooooo  
laugh.gif

wink.gif
Hummmmmmmm, my bad, I though I was on General Topics when I was here @!! LONG day  
sad.gif
Get off the glue Col.
all_coholic.gif
laugh.gif
Ol' Rubb.

laugh.gif

The only really bad Steven King movie was Maximum Overdrive- I still remember King hawking it in the preview "It'll scare the hell out of you!!"- NOT.

That one sucked like a tall bucket of dog ticks.

(Shibumi @ Jun. 14 2007,18:03) The only really bad Steven King movie was Maximum Overdrive- I still remember King hawking it in the preview "It'll scare the hell out of you!!"- NOT.

That one sucked like a tall bucket of dog ticks.
agree'd.
bowdown.gif

SK's books are always great, then they screw it up with a movie...Pet Semetary was one that I regretted went to screen, but I loved The Dead Zone, Christine, Shawshank...okay, there were a few great flicks in there!
smile.gif

Hopefully it'll be good...
firedevil.gif

I'm a huge King fan. Deb & I are going to vacation in the northeast this year and I want to see Kings's home. Other than Shawshank, The Green Mile and The Shining, I'm not a big fan of the movie or mini series interpretations. I think King's character studies and inner thoughts, which are such a huge part of his stories, are too hard to transfer to the screen.

(GJoker @ Jun. 14 2007,18:17)
(semi @ Jun. 14 2007,18:37) i like pretty much all of King's stuff...just finished reading the Dark Tower series- awesome
beerchug.gif
That is my favorite novel that he's done, also~ I wish they'd make a movie of it~ They do have it out in a comic series, with Marvel, now~ Goes into more detail on Roland's life as he's growing up~  
cool.gif
i did not know that...i'll have to check it out...thanks
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Yup. Fan of King's here.

Can't wait to see 1408 either.

Hey SEMI: After finishing the DT series (I've read it like 3 damn times) weren't you the slightest bit upset?

At first I kinda chuckled... than I said to myself... where the hell is the vindication man? C'mon Steve! LoL

Back