Rolling out another bearing post....

Doyle you and I together would have great laughs I'm sure.

On the maintenance issue thank you for trying to keep us aware of things we should look at.

Lastly the smartazz in me can't resist.
It's just like a liberal in Cali to buy Chinese bearings....

Omg I'm sorry but I just laughed so hard!!!!

:kiss:

you still suck, but in a somewhat decent way.

This cracks me up! A few months ago I was embroiled in this long strand on Chinese vrs Western European and USA brake rotors. I was trying to represent how wonderful and superior my "Braking" rotors were (Italian) and everyone (a few in the argument) kept insisting how great the Chinese ones were! Irony.....on this one I was totally blindsided, just assumed these head bearings were Japanese, no big deal, I'll post my research after today (and any decisions). Doyle

This cracks me up! A few months ago I was embroiled in this long strand on Chinese vrs Western European and USA brake rotors. I was trying to represent how wonderful and superior my "Braking" rotors were (Italian) and everyone (a few in the argument) kept insisting how great the Chinese ones were! Irony.....on this one I was totally blindsided, just assumed these head bearings were Japanese, no big deal, I'll post my research after today (and any decisions). Doyle

Well that's what you give for being an anit-republican hippy obama lover.:moon::laugh::rofl:

And finally, as I look at the photo of the "failed All Balls wheel bearings" I see heavy layers of rust on all surfaces, including the actual bearings....Any bearing made in any country will react to water and road chemicals like that if they don't have adequate lubrication on them, they are bare steel. The way I perceive that pic is more of a testament to the sturdiness of the unit...that it didn't frag apart and create total failure! Anyways, the jury is out for me until I can talk to some racer friends of mine, search the internet and talk to the All Balls folks in Pennsylvania. It is very important to me because I like to think everything I do to this motorcycle is an upgrade! Doyle

FYI Doyle - I'm not one to just say something sucks because it's made in China; I say All Balls sucks from personal experience and that of people I know. My bearings failed in the same way in the picture above, even earlier than that one. My stock front wheel bearings lasted 50k (they were Japanese) - the All Balls, 10k and left me stranded. Good luck with your hunt for info.

P.S. - any markings on the bearings they sent? Are the steering head bearings they repackage KML's as well?

FYI Doyle - I'm not one to just say something sucks because it's made in China; I say All Balls sucks from personal experience and that of people I know. My bearings failed in the same way in the picture above, even earlier than that one. My stock front wheel bearings lasted 50k (they were Japanese) - the All Balls, 10k and left me stranded.

I think this statement says a lot about products in America in general and how people feel about said product.

Some of the best products in the world have failures and if you are recipient of said failure your opinion of that company and their product are forever changed. I am neutral when it comes to all balls products. I have a set of their fork seals in my Hayabusa that are leaking after one year. I am not sure I blame them, I do lots of wheelies and I am 250lbs so maybe they were overly abused. That being said I like to hunt for superior products so the next go around I will try a different brand and see how long they last. If less than all balls I will go back to them.

I guess my point is just because you or someone that you know had a failure with a product doesn't mean that product is terrible and should never be used.

Scott

I guess my point is just because you or someone that you know had a failure with a product doesn't mean that product is terrible and should never be used.

Scott

I agree with that. But when I see an extremely high failure rate for a product from a small sampling group of people I know, then I take notice.

OK, I'm back, after a day of inquiry. I've talked to people at All Balls Racing" in PA, I've read dozens of customer comments and tech articles and I've consulted Brian Balliet, owner of Superbike Performance Labs, a racer and master mechanic. Brian showed me a row of racebikes and said, "everything here is full of All Balls Racing bearings, they are a great product". Customer satisfaction on the blogs seems fine and the All Balls Manager I talked to was very concerned and reminded me his product is used in top teer motocross, LSR, and road racing across the Country. They are rated ABEC-3 (OEM equivalent) on the international rating system.
Finally, I learned that the most common reasons for bearing failure on motorcycles are: 1)improper seating of race at install(all the way "home" in it's recepticle) 2)assembly without sufficient lubrication 3) non-suggested torque specs.

All in all, I am confident in the product and it's quality. The great thing about a free market system is that we can choose products based on our individual research and I've made my decision...I can use any bearings I want to and am happy to go with this product. I enjoyed talking to the folks at the company, very friendly, helpful and conversational. It felt to me like they were very proud of their quality levels and overall business. Others may disagree and that's their prerogative!

Below are pics of the install I just did, starting with a Mac Tools bearing installer kit to the finished job, a well lubed and properly assembled headset! Doyle

IMG_0021 (5).jpg

IMG_0022 (5).jpg

IMG_0023 (5).jpg

IMG_0024 (4).jpg

IMG_0025 (5).jpg

IMG_0011 (4).jpg

Not for nothing, but Bessie is All Balls bearings all around...

Well Doyle - only thing I have to add is that I hope you do not have the same issues I've had and seen with their bearings and they work out well for you :thumbsup:

But if you do, I'll be there to :poke: :laugh:

j/k BTW - good luck with em!

Well Doyle - only thing I have to add is that I hope you do not have the same issues I've had and seen with their bearings and they work out well for you :thumbsup:

But if you do, I'll be there to :poke: :laugh:

j/k BTW - good luck with em!

Thanks JP!

Holy crap! We've had an adult discussion with facts and research and no name calling! Properly done guys! :thumbsup:

I feel inadequate as a man. I don't know who made my bearings, I've never packed them and I don't know if they are roller or balls. I still think you guys are talking about something else.......:moon:

I feel inadequate as a man. I don't know who made my bearings, I've never packed them and I don't know if they are roller or balls. I still think you guys are talking about something else.......:moon:

Some don't enter the "bearing universe" until they find themselves stranded in BF Egypt! (don't worry Willie, it's rare)

Back