Rolling out another bearing post....

OK, I'm back, after a day of inquiry. I've talked to people at All Balls Racing" in PA, I've read dozens of customer comments and tech articles and I've consulted Brian Balliet, owner of Superbike Performance Labs, a racer and master mechanic. Brian showed me a row of racebikes and said, "everything here is full of All Balls Racing bearings, they are a great product". Customer satisfaction on the blogs seems fine and the All Balls Manager I talked to was very concerned and reminded me his product is used in top teer motocross, LSR, and road racing across the Country. They are rated ABEC-3 (OEM equivalent) on the international rating system.
Finally, I learned that the most common reasons for bearing failure on motorcycles are: 1)improper seating of race at install(all the way "home" in it's recepticle) 2)assembly without sufficient lubrication 3) non-suggested torque specs.

All in all, I am confident in the product and it's quality. The great thing about a free market system is that we can choose products based on our individual research and I've made my decision...I can use any bearings I want to and am happy to go with this product. I enjoyed talking to the folks at the company, very friendly, helpful and conversational. It felt to me like they were very proud of their quality levels and overall business. Others may disagree and that's their prerogative!

Below are pics of the install I just did, starting with a Mac Tools bearing installer kit to the finished job, a well lubed and properly assembled headset! Doyle

View attachment 256026

View attachment 256027

View attachment 256028

View attachment 256029

View attachment 256030

View attachment 256031

Brother i have a query regarding this post

Ball bearing outer race have same dimensions as of frame assy,

but tapered roller bearing router race is bigger in size when compared with ball bearing outer race. How it can be fitted in frame ??????????????????????????

please let me know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back