Rode the ZX 10

jusmoov

Registered
I rode the ZX10 the other day and was a little disappointed.  The difference in torque is REALLY noticeable on the bottom end.  Especially between 3 and 6000 rpm.  It feels sluggish to me until about 7500-8000 and even then it doesn't pull as hard as the Busa. No way.  Engine is super noisy.  The other thing I didn't like was going fast didn't feel nearly as safe as on the Busa.  That thing definitely needs a steering damper!  The front wheel is barley touching the ground all the time when you get on it, feels unstable to me, starts to tank slap.  When you ride the 10 the grips are real close to your knees.  It really is as small as a 600.  Uncomfortable seating position.  Bottom line is, yeah it's gonna feel fast to someone never privileged enough to ride our bike but, the torque makes a hugh difference.  I'm sure it handles great on the track, but I ride on the street, and feel much safer on the Busa going fast.  I think everyone will have to wait until there's some real world numbers on the zx 10 until anyone knows the real deal with how well it performs.  I expected much more,  I have a feeling there's gonna be some disappointed people when the bike doesn't live up to the hype.
just my 2 cents
wink.gif

I am sure there will be some let down. Thanks for the assessment

The local dealer here just got one in so I went to go see what all the hype is about. The zx10 just did not feel right for me I was on my tip toes it felt more like a bicycle than anything.

I will stick to the real bikes
smile.gif

I rode it and it's a little better on the torque then my 04 R1,
honestly, they say to go down 1 tooth on the front sprocket
or get the 520 chain kit to solve the torque problem, but I say
you're still missing 20lbs + of torque from the BUSA.
i'm seriously considering selling my 04 R1. It's just not the best
bang for buck bike compared to my BUS

Back