Rode an 05' GSX-R1000 today

or a muffin...

rock.gif
tounge.gif
The or A?

The 03' is nothin at all like the 05' ask around...night and day.
yeppers....but that's exactly my point.

If the 05 is way more sensitive, I can only imagine how much scarier it's gonna be than the 03.

And if I believe correctly, Suzuki made the wheelbase a tad shorter....and thinner. Not to mention lighter with more power.

The fugg with that....I'll stick to being a scaredy-pants and rail on the busa until I feel much more competant.

now actually getting my busa to being road-worthy is another story.
sad.gif

Looks like any hopes of decent discussion is lost in this thread now... Was fun while it lasted. See ya...
wink.gif
You stole my thread anyways, not that I care.

Sorry BT but I cannot stop from dwelling on the fact that you upgraded your Busa too fast and you were quick to call the 10R "too much" and that the 636 is the "better bike".

Frankly I did not know alot of this information about you until a few members PMed me. Ive read alot of informative posts from you BT and I appreciate it but I dont think you should be preaching about riding technique until you can provide some proof that you are capable of not only doing it but doing it well.

I think a guy has to ask himself a few things before upgrading from a Busa (myself included) , what percentage can I use of the Busas capabilities? Why upgrade to a liter bike if I cannot ride at least 70% of the Busa's potential?
I know I cant...I have to have a better reasons to upgrade besides the fact that the Gixxer has more potential...cause its likely I will never see it.

Actually BT , I think you made the right choice for sure....ride the 636 for all it has then upgrade back to a Busa or Liter bike. A forgiving bike is a good thing. Youve called the Busa forgiving...ha ha , try riding it hard..it will bite your ass quick!!. Your 636 is a nice and friendly bike in comparison.

Myself, I am glad I have a few months to stew over an upgrade....I need to do an inventory and make sure I am not upgrading for the wrong reasons...because as you know that while the liter bikes can be a very , very powerful track tool they can also get you in trouble easier than any other bikes on the planet.

The 10R is one scary mofo...the Gixxer felt friendly, Cruising around , riding moderately fast in the corners it seems like a sweet and friendly bike ....some Pitbulls seem rather friendly too...they will coax you into coming over to the fence and give them some attention...put your hand over the fence and you realized you have been tricked.
I have nothing to prove to you or to anyone else on this board. You're the one spouting off and blowin' smoke, postin' pics of other people's track tires in reference to my street tires... etc... Whatever, man. My self worth isn't measured by how much credit I have with you or anybody else on an internet forum.
laugh.gif
I'm done playin' with you now... You bore me...
wink.gif

wink.gif

The 03' is nothin at all like the 05' ask around...night and day.
yeppers....but that's exactly my point.

If the 05 is way more sensitive, I can only imagine how much scarier it's gonna be than the 03.

And if I believe correctly, Suzuki made the wheelbase a tad shorter....and thinner. Not to mention lighter with more power.

The fugg with that....I'll stick to being a scaredy-pants and rail on the busa until I feel much more competant.

now actually getting my busa to being road-worthy is another story.
sad.gif
Yep, its something I have to think about. Trust me, I like living.
smile.gif

laugh.gif
I'm done playin' with you now... You bore me...
wink.gif
And that is your choice, something you have the luxury of doing since this is just the internet.

Youve basically talked down to me again so I think I am allowed another kick to your fat ass ,..but I wont.
laugh.gif
Reduced to personal insults now huh? You're basically implying threats of violence just because our views differ on this. Pathetic really...
laugh.gif
Kick my ass? Over an internet disagreement? What kind of mentality is that?
rock.gif
You take this stuff way too seriously, man.

And I wasn't talking down to you until you started with the personal attacks. I started out agreeing with you if you look back. Then you questioned my reasoning behind changing bikes. You questioned why I changed bikes and I answered you. That didn't suit your agenda so you start trying to rationalize why the bike you want is the bike you need. Personally I don't care what ANYBODY rides. I'm all for everybody having what they want. However, I don't agree with the reasons a lot of folks give for "needing" the power of a litre bike. That's all... If they just WANT the power... fine. There's simply no *NEED* for it on the street, *PERIOD*.

I was happy to agree to disagree. You're the one who started with the personal attacks when my reasoning went against yours. If you think you can use what a litre has then by all means get one. If you can't ride for shid and just *WANT* a litre bike, go for it, but don't act like I'm an idiot for not wanting the same thing you do. This started out being a nice discussion. It's a shame it had to go this direction...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Need? Well if your going to get what is needed then there is no need for a 636 either, just get an SV650.

Most everyone here needs more than a 600cc bike....prolly 99.9999% ...hello! This is a Hayabusa board!

laugh.gif

Need? Well if your going to get what is needed then there is no need for a 636 either, just get an SV650.

Most everyone here needs more than a 600cc bike....prolly 99.9999% ...hello! This is a Hayabusa board!

laugh.gif
You're right. Hell, an SV650 is more than most folks could ride to it's potential. And yes, it's a busa board. I *want* another busa, but I need one like I need a hole in the head... I technically *want* another litre bike, too. Can't say that I need one though. Not for how I ride on the street. I've backed off a good bit lately. Just ain't worth pushing that hard.
wink.gif

I own an '05 blue and white Gixxer 1K as a complement to my 'Busa and let me say this.. the gixxer corners like it's on rails!! It's lighter, more flickable, and I love it.. Sure, I still love my 'Busa, but it's a different bike, and I don't intend to get rid of it.
smile.gif

Sorry for getting nasty BT, I can run my mouth with the best of em though. Lets move on.

Haywood, I am sure you are in bike heaven with those 2 bad boys in your stable.
cool.gif

Bentvalve.. I am in heaven, brother!! I toyed with an Aprillia RSV but it had no nuts.. none at all. Then I came to my senses and found the gixxer and in 5 minutes made the deal... I couldn't resist.

Yeah getting a taste of that Gixxer was like a new vampire tasting blood for the first time...I want more.

All know is that the busa gains alot of respect all through the bike world comminunity!!! I have had more people stop and want to talk to me about my busa than any other bike I have had!!! That said I read alot about how the busa handles and roll on's and all the other stuff all I can say is that if you know how to ride you can do anything with the busa it is awesome!!!! if your a 100 lb. light weight then buy a liter bike it will suit you well but if you want to have an overall street bike the busa is the one!!!! Learn what it can do and then make it do it you will be ammmmmmaaaazzzzzzed!!!!!!

laugh.gif
ices_rofl.gif
jump9.gif

Always wondered why people that don't own a Busa post here.

It's like a guy with an old Mustang coming to my 2nd Gen Camaro forum to post about his Mustang. No offense, you just gotta admit it's awkward no
rock.gif

As far as contestant #2 goes, I think the excitement got a hold of him and he was just sharing his experience ....again, and again, and.....again. haha...just bustin ya ballz.

All in all, to each their own. If he had to step down to take a 636 to float his boat, so be it. It's a rare case, but maybe a smart move for him. The bigger bikes were maybe too much for him, and he made a smart decision. I know I just traded in my '03 R6 which I think would take that 636 by the way....and I love the Busa in all aspects EXCEPT 1......I can't think myself into a lane anymore.

<!--EDIT|Aceshigh
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122260566 -->

laugh.gif
ices_rofl.gif
jump9.gif

It's like a guy with an old Mustang coming to my 2nd Gen Camaro forum to post about his Mustang. No offense, you just gotta admit it's awkward no
rock.gif

As far as contestant #2 goes, I think the excitement got a hold of him and he was just sharing his experience ....again, and again, and.....again. haha...just bustin ya ballz.

All in all, to each their own. If he had to step down to take a 636 to float his boat, so be it. It's a rare case, but maybe a smart move for him. The bigger bikes were maybe too much for him, and he made a smart decision. I know I just traded in my '03 R6 which I think would take that 636 by the way....and I love the Busa in all aspects EXCEPT 1......I can't think myself into a lane anymore.
Just thought I'd point out a few things for you there junior... First of all I didn't get 10K+ posts here post whoring. I got it helping people out and interacting with friends. Friends I'll continue to interact with when a lot of the folks on this board, probably including you, have been and gone. The second thing you failed to consider is that some of us non-busa owners have had busas and have and STILL provide more technical assistance to those in need here than some of you current busa owners.

I've paid my dues here, and still contribute technical advice on the busa when I can. That's not to mention the step by step photo how-to's I posted when I had my busa. A quick look through your past posts don't show as much on your part.

So, before you come in here with a month's time and 150 posts under your belt and start talking about who should and shouldn't post here you might want to evaluate your own worth to the community. I'm not saying I know it all and that I'm the most valuable player here, but I've put enough into making this forum what it is to justify my still posting here even though I don't own a busa... even though a lot of you newbies make it less and less enjoyable every day...
rock.gif

rock.gif

laugh.gif
ices_rofl.gif
jump9.gif

rock.gif

Just thought I'd point out a few things for you there junior... First of all I didn't get 10K+ posts here post whoring. I got it helping people out and interacting with friends. Friends I'll continue to interact with when a lot of the folks on this board, probably including you, have been and gone.  The second thing you failed to consider is that some of us non-busa owners have had busas and have and STILL provide more technical assistance to those in need here than some of you current busa owners.

I've paid my dues here, and still contribute technical advice on the busa when I can. That's not to mention the step by step photo how-to's I posted when I had my busa.  A quick look through your past posts don't show as much on your part.

So, before you come in here with a month's time and 150 posts under your belt and start talking about who should and shouldn't post here you might want to evaluate your own worth to the community. I'm not saying I know it all and that I'm the most valuable player here, but I've put enough into making this forum what it is to justify my still posting here even though I don't own a busa... even though a lot of you newbies make it less and less enjoyable every day...
rock.gif
+1

rock.gif

Back