Rode an 05' GSX-R1000 today

Always wondered why people that don't own a Busa post here.

It's like a guy with an old Mustang coming to my 2nd Gen Camaro forum to post about his Mustang. No offense, you just gotta admit it's awkward no

As far as contestant #2 goes, I think the excitement got a hold of him and he was just sharing his experience ....again, and again, and.....again. haha...just bustin ya ballz.

All in all, to each their own. If he had to step down to take a 636 to float his boat, so be it. It's a rare case, but maybe a smart move for him. The bigger bikes were maybe too much for him, and he made a smart decision. I know I just traded in my '03 R6 which I think would take that 636 by the way....and I love the Busa in all aspects EXCEPT 1......I can't think myself into a lane anymore.[/QUOTE]

why don't you share some of YOUR Busa knowledge? I don't recall YOU spouting a lot of help to the noobs.

Come to think of it, I don't recall you being much help to anyone at all. You don't even know BT....his ass was here long before you decided to show yours.

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122262734 -->

Yep light and flickable ,@ 80mph it was litterally hell on the freeway...I could barely hang on...not to mention if I wanted to pass a car a Dodge Caravan would likely beat me around a few cars.

Try one though, you might like it.   Myself...never.
I had an '04 SV650 that I just sold b/c I got a sweet deal on an '02 Blackbird. But I'll respectfully disagree about the SV650 on the freeway. I threw the suzuki color-matched flyscreen on my naked and it was GREAT on the highway once I got used to it.

I dunno even though I got a lot of wind, the bike seemed to handle it well. I constantly rode 90-100 and 80 was a walk in the park. What I didn't like about the bike was the crappy suspension and sub-par brakes. And yes, you had to goose it on the top end to get the power out of it.....but all in all....just a fun bike that had a lot of character....just fun to ride......freeway or anyplace else.

ummm does it really matter what people ride and what their opinions are. They are just that opinions. For me the busa is the best for my riding style, will it change? maybe, but for now I ride to have fun and to me if you ride your alright in my book no matter if you have a busa,Kawi, yami, or ..........well Honda's is where I draw the line......just kidding (owned a few of them as well)
blush.gif

Skater69,
A 20-30 mile jaunt down the freeway was fun but a few hundred was not so fun IMO.
I never had much of a problem with the brakes and suspension. I tried a windscreen once and it added so much buffer noise that I took it off.   My biggest peeve with the SV650 was cosmetic.. that ulgy ass radiator that sticks out like a sore thumb.

I am going to end it like this, the Busa is a hard act to follow regardless of what kind of riding you do.

Trying other bikes is good too because it can enrichen your experince....BT is lucky..he has gotten to try
several bikes out recently.   If he ever does go back to a Busa he will likely have gained a few respect for
it.  Just like if I get a Gixxer 1K and dont like it, I already know I would only get a Busa...there is nothing else I would
want.

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122302817 -->

Ok, one more...on gear changes on the Busa.

Anyone here have a 17/42 or 17/43 or 16/42 combo?

Where is this noticable acceleration gained on a gear change?

I am not worried about the lop off on the top end because if the bikes gets to 170 that is good enough for me...but id like to know what the RPMs are going to be like at cruising speeds. I often hang @ 85-90mph on the freeway.
Already in 6th doing 85 I think the revs are @ 7K? I forget.

Does anyone have some concrete numbers on the acceleration gain with a gear change?

I am not worried about the lop off on the top end because if the bikes gets to 170 that is good enough for me...but id like to know what the RPMs are going to be like at cruising speeds. I often hang @ 85-90mph on the freeway.

Does anyone have some concrete numbers on the acceleration gain with a gear change?
I had 17/43 on Train.
wink.gif
I don't have concrete numbers but the torque multiplication shows throughout the torque band, which as we all know on a busa is from just above idle to redline.
biggrin.gif
Doing drag style launches with the 17/43 was like getting rearended by an F16 at full tilt. Ok, not quite that dramatic, but it was definitely a kick in the arse.

I made the gearing change to bring the RPM's up in the tighter first gear corners in the twisties, but it ended up being an extremely fun mod all the way around.
wink.gif
The great thing about it was that even though it would wheelie on command (It would power wheelie through third gear... I don't do "real" wheelies), it didn't turn into a wheelie monster with the 17/43 gearing. Still nice and controllable with smart use of the right wrist.

Overall, that was probably the best "bang for the buck" mod I made to Train. I'll definitely go that route again when I get another busa.
wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

Skater69,
A 20-30 mile jaunt down the freeway was fun but a few hundred was not so fun IMO.
I never had much of a problem with the brakes and suspension. I tried a windscreen once and it added so much buffer noise that I took it off.   My biggest peeve with the SV650 was cosmetic.. that ulgy ass radiator that sticks out like a sore thumb.

I am going to end it like this, the Busa is a hard act to follow regardless of what kind of riding you do.

Trying other bikes is good too because it can enrichen your experince....BT is lucky..he has gotten to try
several bikes out recently.   If he ever does go back to a Busa he will likely have gained a few respect for
it.  Just like if I get a Gixxer 1K and dont like it, I already know I would only get a Busa...there is nothing else I would
want.
Yes I can imagine a few hundred on the hwy on the SV would get old. I admit I only did 20-30 mile jaunts and they were fun.

I didn't like the radiator sticking out but I thought the bike was great looking and the mini-fairing flyscreen gave me no buffer noise.

But I hear what you're saying about the Busa. I kinda feel the same way about the XX. Although I'm riding from San Diego to San Francisco next month and I'll be riding my GL1800.
smile.gif

Now that's what I like about this site.

We can trade barbs with each other, and the next post we're helpin' one another out!

very cool BT.....very cool.:)

I am not worried about the lop off on the top end because if the bikes gets to 170 that is good enough for me...but id like to know what the RPMs are going to be like at cruising speeds.  I often hang @ 85-90mph on the freeway.  

I had 17/43 on Train.
wink.gif
 I don't have concrete numbers but the torque multiplication shows throughout the torque band, which as we all know on a busa is from just above idle to redline.
biggrin.gif
Doing drag style launches with the 17/43 was like getting rearended by an F16 at full tilt. Ok, not quite that dramatic, but it was definitely a kick in the arse.

I made the gearing change to bring the RPM's up in the tighter first gear corners in the twisties, but it ended up being an extremely fun mod all the way around.
wink.gif
The great thing about it was that even though it would wheelie on command (It would power wheelie through third gear... I don't do "real" wheelies), it didn't turn into a wheelie monster with the 17/43 gearing. Still nice and controllable with smart use of the right wrist.

Overall, that was probably the best "bang for the buck" mod I made to Train. I'll definitely go that route again when I get another busa.
wink.gif
Thanks, so I gather it is a huge difference.

I could do the 17/43 and always change the front to a 16 later if I want more. Will a 44 tooth fit with the stock chain?

wink.gif

wink.gif

I'm gonna let you be the guinnea pig dude! As soon as you have the right combo figured out, let me know! I'm gonna go down that same road!
biggrin.gif

Back