I hate to say this but...zx-14 spanks!

gsferrari

Registered
Spent 4 days on the ZX-14 riding from Texas all the way to Raleigh. Buddies on a Busa and a K1200. I am a Busa fanboy...but I just had to try the ZX and a co-worker obliged...He was moving from TX to Raleigh so I offered to ride the bike over. I would have PAID to ride the bike over but lets just say that I have a new helmet on the way to me in return for my efforts ;)

I must say...this bike is surreal!! It looks horrible in pictures but fantastic in person! The look really grows on you...definitely not an instantly attractive bike. After 4 days on it...I just HAVE to have one!

Performance - less manic than the Gixxer and a bit lazier feeling than the Busa. The seat is VERY comfortable for touring...but not for hard accelleration. I slide backwards on a Busa but at least you have something to stop you from going off...On the kawi you hang on for dear life.

Riding position is more comfortable than the Busa and HEAPS better than the Gixxer. I've taken the Busa down to Florida and back without any major issues but I did feel pretty sore for a while.

Not the case with the ZX...just eats up miles and feels like a lay-z-boy.

Brakes are good...not as "tactile" as the Busa but definitely capable of stopping this bike. Bike is not as heavy as it looks...quite nimble actually.

I believe the Busa will leave the ZX behind on the track...but I cannot imagine how it will beat the ZX on the strip. There is just this surge of torque everywhere in the powerband...MORE MORE MORE!!

All the other Busa fanboys here - give this bike a trial run if you can...I think this is a GREAT platform that Suzuki must now beat with their next hayabusa. Things can only get better from here.

Phew...back to the hot bath now...

cool.gif
Preciate the info.

Damn! zx-14.org are pissed they say there not yet available.

if they arent available yet then how are all these REGULAR PEOPLE riding them and customizing them???
rock.gif

If you REALLY want one and cannot wait - bypass regular kwak channels - which seems to be as slow as some of their bikes. There will be a significant premium though. If anyone wants more details - do your own search because I cannot share that info.

Hint - make a few calls to Japan.

I have nightmares about seeing the 14's form in the rear-view mirror. It is frightening...cagers move out of the way for a change!

I dont drag so every day is a flip-flop between waiting for the uprated busa...and heading to the first dealer who has these monsters on our shores.

i'd really like to take one for a drive actually... Nothing better to make yourself an opinion than to try one yourself!

Thanks for sharing your experience

race.gif

Anyone planning to ride one - head to the nearest strip club and slide up and down the pole for a while. Maybe it was just my gear but everytime I gave it a thwack...I was going backward while the bike surged ahead.

I dont know if it was my gear or not because I havent had that problem with the Gixxer or the Busa.

Pole-Dancing practice is ESSENTIAL
smile.gif

A close friend of mine got ZX14 2weeks ago and I spend sometime with the bike (about a week) , I drive over 400km. , I tried it on both roads and tracks , believe it or not , Busa still is the best on its class . ZX14 is powerful but Busa is not far from , in fact in some places Busa will beat it easly . The seat is comfortable but when you driving fast comfort turns a little pain . Also ZX14 is quite soundy machine , after 130-140 mph , the wind sound becomes a real headache . Brakes are okay not too good .

98 borned Busa still on its class and still unbeatable in many conditions ...

Hmmmm, slower on the track/canyons and mushier brakes.... probably softer/worse suspension...

No thanks, I don't want one.

For the last time ... I am in the loop a tad on this one ... The 07 Busa will EASILY put the 14 in it's place .... NO BRAINER

Zuk guys ... Just chill ... It's all good .... DON'T WORRY ...

I have a deposit on one ....

Let the yet another poor excuse of a badly designed bike / zx-14 have it's 15 minutes of fame

It's coming boys .... It's coming

<!--EDIT|ROBOPTI
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144774229 -->

For the last time ... I am in the loop a tad on this one ... The 07 Busa will EASILY put the 14 in it's place .... NO BRAINER

Let the yet another poor excuse of a badly designed bike / zx-14 have it's 15 minutes of fame

rock.gif

ULTRA PICS! Please!

ya even if the kawi shines a bit it won't last a good rider on a busa can still beat it on any sunday so just let the 14 have its Andy Worhall's worth of fame suzuki is going to hammer it back down soon anyway besides the 14 dos"ent sound like its got much if anything on the busa to start with

All I can say is - it is a different bike. I prefer to think of myself as a "motorcycle enthusiast" and not a "Suzuki Fanboy".

I have no doubt the next hayabusa will spank the ZX-14...it HAS to!!

But at the moment - the ZX-14 should be given credit where it is due. It is not a Busa beater -but- there are some who will prefer it over the Busa. They are not being stupid either. This kwak is quite good.

Give it a test-ride...You will either love your Busa some more...or open your eyes to something else. Whats there to lose?

Back