Rode an 05' GSX-R1000 today

we are tlking about bikes not rider bt.soo you show me equal riders on both bikes and it will show fast and smooth 1000 compared to a all out red lining 636 just to keep up!!unless your running a tight TRACK eviorment (wich no one mentioned)soo you may think your 636 is best for you but that just cause you havent leared how to abuse it yet !!!once you do. YOU will be back on a liter bike . the guy who started the thread rides a busa and is talking about trading off for a 1000 (wich may even be better than the busa )and you want to throw in a 600 lmfao !!you really cant ride can you?!!! but i give you credit you must read alot of books!!!but hey, i cant spell for #### so its all good.
You just like to run your mouth and argue. Not gonna waste my time on it... Thanks for playin' though... and try again soon...
wink.gif

Ok, I give up... Ya'll are right. 600's are shid and everyone needs a litre... Happy?
biggrin.gif
Unfortunately, you don't seem to be getting much respect here.

I know you have ridden a 'Busa and a 10R fast and hard. If you've decided that a 636 is the way to go, you must have some good reasons for that choice. I for one look forward to hearing about your experiences.

You get what you give, talk down to people by acting like you know it all then expect the same in return.

You can go to technical school and learn to be a mechanic but until you get some actual hands on time in a shop you will never really know what you are doing. This take many years...a few years is not nearly enough.

What is better?
10 hours of book time and one hour of seat time?
Or 1 hour of book time and 10 hours of seat time?
I think most of us know what is true.

Before I read a thing on proper riding...many things came naturally ...when I did go to a book I realized I already knew a good amount of it already.

Ive been riding on and off for 15 years and I dont claim to be very good...even though I know I am better than the average rider.
I always feel that once I think I know it all then I will stop learning.

There are some people here that are incredible riders but most of us will never know because they dont talk about it...modesty can be a good think IMO.

Then there are some here that want to know more but are afraid to ask because they fear they will be talked down to or flamed for asking....there are too fvcking many know it alls here...its fvcking sad.

Thanks for being an a$$hole , you guys know who you are.

You'll get yours someday.

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: "NEEDED TO EDIT IT"|1122241062 -->

Looks like any hopes of decent discussion is lost in this thread now... Was fun while it lasted. See ya...
wink.gif

BT, I am glad you are happy with your 636.

I am equally sure you are much younger than I. Because of that, your young frame can handle the agressive ergos of todays street "racebikes". I would love to have a 1K, GSXR750 or the like but I wouldn't give up my Busa for any of 'em.
My bike has to do it all.
I don't have twisties at my doorstep. I get to ride TO them. I have spent lots of time on race inspired-ergo-havin bikes. they are great. WHEN YOU ARE IN THE CURVES. The rest of the time, you are thinkin'........"god, when do I get to the good stuff?"
The Busa keeps ya happy all the way there.....when your'e there and all the way back.
Yea, it's no track star. But I live on the street. I can't afford to push it 10 10ths on the street. Ya fall down and get hurt that way...........believe me, I've been there! More than once!
BV is right, it takes more than a couple of thousand miles to really "know" your bike.

I know that at 43, I am an old fart next to lots of you young pups.....but the busa works for me.

And don't worry......you may pass me in the curves once in awhile........but keep an eye on your mirrors.

I'll be there.
Sorry man, I totally missed this post. And actually I'm not a pup anymore. I'm 35... Not old, I know, but not "as good as I once was".
wink.gif
You have a good point, too. If all I done was ride in town or commute I'd definitely choose a different bike. We have a few decent backroads around where I live but I, too have to ride +/- an hour to the really good stuff. And no, the racier 10 and 636 are not as comfortable "getting there" as some bikes.

If I rode "just to ride", or if I commuted on a bike I'd no doubt at least have a second bike that was more sport touring oriented than even the busa. It's still a sportbike with a relatively aggressive lean to the controls. The truth is that I really don't ride unless I'm headed for some corners. I don't do the hangout ride thing very often and commuting to and from work via bike is not an option for me. If I roll out it is to hit some twisties. When I head to the good stuff I just have to tolerate the ride there. If I head out to some twisties that are more than maybe 1 hour from home I'll probably trailer the thing there. The boredom of droning down a highway or interstate gets to me worse than any discomfort though.
wink.gif

But yeah, great post and great point. I can see where you are coming from.
beerchug.gif

wink.gif

BV is right, it takes more than a couple of thousand miles to really "know" your bike.
One more point... You're right, but it doesn't take 2k miles to get to where you ain't clippin' the apex due to turning like you would with your last, bigger, heavier bike. That was my point. I didn't mean to imply that you could be 100% on an bike in a shorter time frame or mileage bracket.
wink.gif

One more point... You're right, but it doesn't take 2k miles to get to where you ain't clippin' the apex due to turning like you would with your last, bigger, heavier bike. That was my point. I didn't mean to imply that you could be 100% on an bike in a shorter time frame or mileage bracket.
wink.gif
Thanks for the clarification man!

Cool.
smile.gif

wink.gif
Thanks for the clarification man!

Cool.
smile.gif
No problem.
beerchug.gif

Looks like any hopes of decent discussion is lost in this thread now... Was fun while it lasted. See ya...
wink.gif
You stole my thread anyways, not that I care.

Sorry BT but I cannot stop from dwelling on the fact that you upgraded your Busa too fast and you were quick to call the 10R "too much" and that the 636 is the "better bike".

Frankly I did not know alot of this information about you until a few members PMed me. Ive read alot of informative posts from you BT and I appreciate it but I dont think you should be preaching about riding technique until you can provide some proof that you are capable of not only doing it but doing it well.

I think a guy has to ask himself a few things before upgrading from a Busa (myself included) , what percentage can I use of the Busas capabilities? Why upgrade to a liter bike if I cannot ride at least 70% of the Busa's potential?
I know I cant...I have to have a better reasons to upgrade besides the fact that the Gixxer has more potential...cause its likely I will never see it.

Actually BT , I think you made the right choice for sure....ride the 636 for all it has then upgrade back to a Busa or Liter bike. A forgiving bike is a good thing. Youve called the Busa forgiving...ha ha , try riding it hard..it will bite your ass quick!!. Your 636 is a nice and friendly bike in comparison.

Myself, I am glad I have a few months to stew over an upgrade....I need to do an inventory and make sure I am not upgrading for the wrong reasons...because as you know that while the liter bikes can be a very , very powerful track tool they can also get you in trouble easier than any other bikes on the planet.

The 10R is one scary mofo...the Gixxer felt friendly, Cruising around , riding moderately fast in the corners it seems like a sweet and friendly bike ....some Pitbulls seem rather friendly too...they will coax you into coming over to the fence and give them some attention...put your hand over the fence and you realized you have been tricked.

and in keeping up with the spirit of the thread, I did have a chance to ride an 03 G1K...

very narrow....I can't imagine how the 05's feel, since they're supposed to be skinnier.

It felt like it just wanted to fall down....with me on it. Power delivery? Not too shabby....not too comfortable with the wheelbase, though. Felt like it was gonna put my azz on the ground inna heartbeat.

Back