Roasted Nuts anyone? (Hot seat question)

houstonbussa

Registered
Yesterday I took the fairing off to install my HIDs (loving them by the way) and ran out of light (how ironic) so I had to finish buttoning her up this morning. After struggling (because I had help to underss her, but had to put her back together by myself this morning). Long story short, NOW my seat seems hotter than normal. Almost let's make some s'mores hot. Any advice on what I may have done wrong?

Oh yea... 2007 Busa

I'm going to say that you have too much of a load on the battery for some reason.

Don

PS. I had dual HIDs on my 05 with no probs, as well as an air horn.

Cant think of anything right off. All of the heat absorption panels are still intact?

I'm going to say that you have too much of a load on the battery for some reason.

Don

PS. I had dual HIDs on my 05 with no probs, as well as an air horn.

I'll check it out.. Only should be dual HID, usually only using one at a time, and LED lights, but they weren't on all the time.

Cant think of anything right off. All of the heat absorption panels are still intact?

under the seat? Everything that I took off I put back on.

Is there anything you could have forgotten? Sounds like air flow has been altered in some way or another.

The nose was a pita. I was thinking air flow and the frame was getting hot. Out of light today, so I'll check tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks, because I've always like camp fires, but never wanted to be involved this way...(refer to the title of the post!)

I took the fairing off (upper) again. Found that the intake tubes weren't perfectly seated on the intake ducts very well because one of the ballast had fallen and jammed when I was reinstalling the nose.. Either way, I'm getting off work in about 2.5 hours. So I'll get to ride to see if I don't get that warming sensation in my... well you know..

Thanks for the help everyone.

Back