Riding Group Question...

I'm in Central Jersey (Woodbridge, Old Bridge, & the Amboys).
I travel all over the place tho. I'm sure we could meet up.

I use to play against all those places growing up (icehockey). There's a group of us that meet up every once and a while at the Hooters, here in DE, but I would much rather go riding !!

Chat, thanks for the quick response!
It's hard, I'm all about the riding, not the BS.
One of the last rides, it was pretty much bar hopping.
Beautiful freakin day out, and I'm stopping every 10mins
to go and stay in a bar.

Harley Riders? :whistle:

Two makes a group. Can't find even one with the same philosophy out of twenty?

Can't say I've never done the Two Wheeled Bar Hop Tour. :beerchug: Not anymore. Now it's only about The Ride and The Road. Of course there may be some posing going on. :rulez: Just enough to collect sufficient pics to post in an attempt to make those who rode the couch all day jealous of the real riders. :moon:

I like to ride wtih stmc.com they meet every sunday in north jersey and leave at 9 am
sharp. there is a north south east and west start points. Each is a different sunday. Check the web site for location or call hotline

Make new friends that enjoy the same type riding as you do, Then you'll have plenty of group rides.

To find new riders to ride with I will usually stop anytime I see a sportbike out somewhere. If he is not around his bike I will look at his back tire. If the chicken strips are small, they tend to be the guys that like to ride around here. If the strips are really big they are the guys tha usually only want to ride about 25 miles a day then stop to eat.

The POINT IS TO RIDE. If the group can never get together it is time to find a new group that want to RIDE RIDE RIDE

unless i am riding with friends from here, i almost always ride alone...i have had a couple local riders ask if they could tag along but they never last more than one day...everyone around here seems to want to do the "Main Street Cruise" and let everyone see them on their bike...i like to head out of town and actually use Lucy for what she was created for- to ride! i would find another group if i was you :beerchug:

Find one person that likes to ride like you do and that should be enough. Groups are always hard to please anyway you look at it, whether it be going out to a bar, a restaurant, etc. Everyone has their own likes and tastes. So if you have one buddy to ride with, that's all you need.:thumbsup:
Sure groups look more impressive, but also there's more room for error when you're riding in them. Peace.

Well, in my experience, the behavior you outline is hardly reserved for riders/motorcycle social groups. I've encountered the exact same stuff with every "organized" group activity in which I've been involved - football, softball, bands, concerts and, of course, riding.

There are ALWAYS some who are dedicated to the activity, some who enjoy the socialization as much as the activity and some who are really only "putting up with" the activity so they can get to the socializing.

The key to not having the posers around is to not accommodate them. If they wanna stop at a bar every 15 mins and you respond by saying "Have a good time, here's my planned route, maybe I'll see ya out there.", after a couple rides, they'll either stop coming out or start riding.

Like others have said, plan your ride, inform the others and invite them along, but don't feel obligated to deviate from the plan. Either they're on board or they're on their own.

Best of luck!

Start your own group. We started a new one when we moved from Dallas to Austin. We have about 25 riders that ride fairly often. We average about 8-13riders on every ride. Very good group w/ high gear & safety standards.

If you having fun on their rides go on theirs, keep open to find others to ride with that maybe prefer to ride or do other things. If you would rather go somewhere else or do something else just tell them no, ride your ride the way an place you want to. I belong to 4 different groups always a group ride somewhere. Only thing is there is no all Busa group I am into:laugh: sides the org. but no local org. rides:poke: Going to miss out on the Bash an the way finances are looking don't think I will be traveling anywhere anytime soon.

You got their number!!! :rofl:

Do you mean 20+ riders out at once? Do you mean actual good riders just dusting me? Do you mean they'll get jealous of the Busa and jump me?

I mean too many dumba$$s in & out of bars, not such good riders 100 miles a month..... be careful.

20 riders????!!!! damn, around NH thats a GANG! popo be pulling us over left and right for the smallest things. either that or complaints from residents.
but yeah, i feel you. when i plan a ride i plan as if am alone!, if nobody comes am still going. I hate when pple whine!!!

Be careful what you ask for...get them all out with you & they will prolly wreck ya :poke:
:laugh: also, if they are a forum member.. check their post count against the mileage on the odometer... :rofl: (should have a 1 post per 2 miles ridden thing huh? ) :)

BaBusa... real rider with a zillion posts.. (but he is like really friggen old too)

me? I got a picture of a bike on my wall... but it has a lot of miles on it.. :laugh: (and a bunch of old tires in my garage)

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I'll def check into some of the local groups that were mentioned. And you're always welcome if you're in my neck of the woods. Would be pretty awesome to not be "the lonely Busa" and actually ride w/ some other Busa beasts! I've already had a ZX14 ride w/ me.

Alright,
I have about 20 people that are apart of this group we have going.
The owner rides a ZX6R and lives pretty far.
They seem to all always call me and ask what's up for the weekend etc.
I set up some laid back rides that are always a goodtime and no one shows.
They all come up w/ excuses left and right and usually complain if I don't
jump on my bike at the drop of a hat when they're out.
I do ride w/ them, but it's always a hassle, never organized, late people, and surprise curfews.
The kicker is, they complain that we ride the same places and need new spots,
I find these awesome roads and they complain it's too far.
I'm thinkin of just droppin this group, I mean, what would you do?

Sounds just like my paintball team!???

Back