Riding Group Question...

MikeSomething

Registered
Alright,
I have about 20 people that are apart of this group we have going.
The owner rides a ZX6R and lives pretty far.
They seem to all always call me and ask what's up for the weekend etc.
I set up some laid back rides that are always a goodtime and no one shows.
They all come up w/ excuses left and right and usually complain if I don't
jump on my bike at the drop of a hat when they're out.
I do ride w/ them, but it's always a hassle, never organized, late people, and surprise curfews.
The kicker is, they complain that we ride the same places and need new spots,
I find these awesome roads and they complain it's too far.
I'm thinkin of just droppin this group, I mean, what would you do?

Last edited:
I know how you feel with this. My pre-.org riding friends were often like this. Ride your own ride. Invite them if you want, but plan to do your own thing. I'd plan a ride with ya. Heck, I'd even show up. :beerchug:

I know how you feel with this. My pre-.org riding friends were often like this. Ride your own ride. Invite them if you want, but plan to do your own thing. I'd plan a ride with ya. Heck, I'd even show up. :beerchug:

Chat, thanks for the quick response!
It's hard, I'm all about the riding, not the BS.
One of the last rides, it was pretty much bar hopping.
Beautiful freakin day out, and I'm stopping every 10mins
to go and stay in a bar.

I have people that are the same way, I just let them know where I'm going to ride and they can join if they like, if not I'm still having fun and I only have to worry about one person.

Just go out and ride the best roads in your area...make new friends...if the ones in the other
group are true friends, they will find you :beerchug:

Chat, thanks for the quick response!
It's hard, I'm all about the riding, not the BS.
One of the last rides, it was pretty much bar hopping.
Beautiful freakin day out, and I'm stopping every 10mins
to go and stay in a bar.

+1000

Stopping for gas and food is cool. A little sight-seeing is fine too, but I bought my Busa to ride it. :beerchug:

When I am with friends I want to ride, ride ride ride..... Stop when you start getting fatigued, visit for a few minutes, laugh, then get back to it... After the ride is over laugh cut up and have a good time... Maybe that is why I like the bash so much......

cap

Yea, it's just for alittle while I thought I was in the wrong since no one else I ride w/ has a problem w/ the BS. I'd like to just keep the drama on stupid talkshows.

+1000

Stopping for gas and food is cool. A little sight-seeing is fine too, but I bought my Busa to ride it. :beerchug:
We share the same theory.

Yah, I'd drop 'em and go riding, see who you meet on the road. I don't care much for big group rides anyway, too many chances for problems (crashes, breakdowns, etc..). Small groups (less than 10) like minded riders are waaay more fun IMO.
Bar hopping on bikes sounds dangerous as hell to me.

We share the same theory.

Yah, I'd drop 'em and go riding, see who you meet on the road. I don't care much for big group rides anyway, too many chances for problems (crashes, breakdowns, etc..). Small groups (less than 10) like minded riders are waaay more fun IMO.
Bar hopping on bikes sounds dangerous as hell to me.

Not many levelheaded riders around here.
I usually ride w/ 2-6 bikes, it rotates around who actually shows.
I wasn't really drinkin at these bars, I let my moron friends go crazy.

Do you have a sports/touring bike club in your area? Joining up would more than likely eliminate most of your problems. The one I belong to has a Sunday ride schedule and departure time posted months in advance. Sometimes only 5 or so riders show at the prescribed departure time, sometimes as many as 15 show up. Regardless, the saddle up time is strictly enforced, we leave at the exact preset departure time and that way no one can complain about the group leaving them behind if they happen to come dragging in late.

Last edited:
Dump the group. Find some riders and not posers. You know the type. Stopping every few minutes to stare at the bikes and admire how good they look. Bikes 4 years old, no oil change yet.

Stopping every few minutes to stare at the bikes and admire how good they look. Bikes 4 years old, no oil change yet.

You got their number!!! :rofl:

Be careful what you ask for...get them all out with you & they will prolly wreck ya :poke:

Do you mean 20+ riders out at once? Do you mean actual good riders just dusting me? Do you mean they'll get jealous of the Busa and jump me?

Last edited:
What part of Jersey you from ? I'm just over the Delaware Memorial Bridge. I think it goes with the area (Northeast). I have a boy that I ride with, that wants to stop every 15 min., and when we are riding it's always in the city (Wilmington, DE), or on some Main St. somewhere. I went on a couple rides with people from here, totaly different !

welcome to the club world! not going to name it but i've been involed with a club for about 4 years.you plan stuff and they dont show,most of the time they are to hung over saturday morning to ride. lame as hell. Or the same crap wanting to bar hop on bikes! I dont drink and drive and dam sure aint going to ride drunk.

Back