What kind of bikes make up your riding group?

Busa110

Donating Member
Registered
What kind of bikes do your riding buddies have? For me, it is a motley group.

1)-Suzuki GSXR-1000
2)-Kawasaki ZX-7R
3)-Yamaha FZ-1
4)-Triumph Bonneville
5)-Triumph Thruxton
6)-Harley Davidson Road King
7)-Harley Davidson Road King, V-Rod or Buell XB-9 (which ever he wants to ride that day)
8)-Yamaha Virago

It seems that as you get older, more of your friends move to the cruisers. I'm impressed with the Harleys, someday if I win lotto I will have one-not impressed with the Buell-the thing shakes & rattles, and when that rear cylinder fan comes on it sounds like a jet plane taking off!

What do your friends ride?

Definitely all sport bikes, we have a local sport bike website with about 1200 or so members on it ..
cool.gif

http://www.groundpilots.com

Mostly cruisers, but some sportbikes as well. Hondas and Kawis mostly.

Anyone ride with other Busas? I don't see too many around here.

It's interesting that some members have mostly sportbike groups and others have mostly cruiser groups. I wonder if the age of the riders in the groups have anything to do with that?

Anyone ride with other Busas? I don't see too many around here.

It's interesting that some members have mostly sportbike groups and others have mostly cruiser groups. I wonder if the age of the riders in the groups have anything to do with that?
The few guys I've ridden with in groups involve 4 busas.

wwjd
hooken203
billbell
myself

then a gixxer1k
gsx1100

some 600s
r1

thats about it.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108040947 -->

Yamaha FZ1
Yamaha VStar (2)
Custom Harley
01 Hayabusa
04 Sportster 1200

Pretty much cruiser my hired man has a bike and a few other friend with somewhat sport bikes but here is my list

02 Triumph 955i
VTX 1800C
2 shadow spirit 750
harley road king
old harley rigid
sportster 883
harley FLX i think thats what it is but it's old harley thats all i really know
91 VFR

Mostly sportbikes and a couple of super motards and dual sports.

All Sportbikes:

Honda: 929 Enron Edition, 929 x 2, 1000rr (2), F4i (2), Nighthawk, CBR F2, 954 (2)
Suzuki: Busa x 2, 1000 (Mladin), 02' 1000, couple of gixxer 600s, one gixxer 750, gixxer 1100
Kawasaki: zx12r, couple of zx9s, zx7, zx6r
Yamaha: several R6s & R1s and couple of 600r
Ducati: 999

Don't ride with all these guys on each trip. Just usually a mixture
of the group.

Our local board has about 10,000 sportbike members in the SF Bay Area, so the size of the groups vary from 2, up to 30 bikes. Only a couple of bikes are cruisers, although a member in our small group ride invites her Dad on his Honda Magna. He likes to sweep, but you can't shake him, no matter how fast we ride.
laugh.gif

During the Laguna Seca races last year, we had 11 Busa's and two ZX-12's on a ride. Now that was something!!!

Eleven_Busa_s.jpg

6 Busas, 2 gixxers, 3 R1's, 4 CBR's, 1 Ninja,1 GW, I think thats it.???

Mostly Harleys, unless I'm on a run with the h.org Busa guys here in VA...
wink.gif

Usually it's a mixed bag of Jap bikes, mostly sport or, sport touring FJR types ect.
We have several group rides here in Mayberry RFD that we get togather and do each year. On those rides it's every and, anything.
When I go off our island to the real world in seach of mountain / canyon twisties it's always sportbikes with skilled / experianced riders that I tend to group up with.

A ride is a ride wether I'm with a hog or a honda it's all good to me. Just don't expect me to ever dress up like some sort of pirate and bar hop a mile at a time. I'm not into that or the "posing" scene unless it's to sit alongside the road to stretch and re-hydrate after having rode hard for a bit.

Our local board has about 10,000 sportbike members in the SF Bay Area, so the size of the groups vary from 2, up to 30 bikes.  Only a couple of bikes are cruisers, although a member in our small group ride invites her Dad on his Honda Magna.  He likes to sweep, but you can't shake him, no matter how fast we ride.  
laugh.gif

During the Laguna Seca races last year, we had 11 Busa's and two ZX-12's on a ride.  Now that was something!!!
Some pic!
wow.gif
I've never seen that many Busas all in one spot! Around here only Harleys assemble in large groups.

There is this local guy with an old KZ1000 that is about the fastest around on the curves-just goes to show you that the bike is the least important part of being fast.

Back