Riding a Turbo in Heavy Rain?

....just try not to get me in too much trouble at your strip club lol.......I do have a jealous wife :laugh:

LOL! Well if you search for "Sinsity" or "Sinsity North Bend" you can probably find my webpage (not sure if mod's would let me post the link here). There's a video link on the page (R rated) that might help you decide if you want to stop in.

I'll be selling the club shortly so I can move, but for now it's still mine.

Regards
Sean

How about a snorkel top (lack of a better phrase). Just a scoop that covers the top and three sides. When it's nice out you can have it pointed forward to pick up cool air, and if it's raining you can point it back so that it sucks from what would hopefully be a low pressure area where the rain has been forced away by the bike.

How about a snorkel top (lack of a better phrase). Just a scoop that covers the top and three sides. When it's nice out you can have it pointed forward to pick up cool air, and if it's raining you can point it back so that it sucks from what would hopefully be a low pressure area where the rain has been forced away by the bike.

Actually not a bad idea... sort of a swivel top scoop.

:)

yeah the water will be repeled alot by the air filter. but i would def go with RCC so your air filter isnt exposed. I bet you could ride in really heavy rain b4 you ever had a problem... it would be like water injection and turbos love that. too bad its too slick to use the extra power

By the way, I own a strip club in Coos Bay, and that's likely what I'll be doing in PDX....or some kind of bar.

It would be great to have some friends up there. I don't really have any at this point. Again...will be there a lot exploring in the next months so I'm sure we'll meet soon.

You own a Strip Club and you're worried about making friends??

I'm sure that won't be a problem....:laugh:

Count me in my new friend.:please:

I've ridden my Turbo Busa (Stage 2 Velocity, Dbl. BB. with a large exposed filter) from Laconia, NH. to my house in Ct. in the pouring rain with No problem what so ever. It took 6 hours. :laugh:

Although it's ghetto, this is what I was thinking. You wouldn't even have to completely cover the filter, as long as half was covered for rain

air filter heat shield DIY (All Years)

Sorry, missed that post.

Yeah, right idea except I think I'll go to Walmart (or the thrift store) and just buy an aluminum pot and cut the bottom out in a similar fashion. I think the dimensions would be such that the bottom of the pot just fits the wider part of the filter. Straight sides...which make for less restriction to all the surface area of the element.

A few guys are saying that rain doesn't have an adverse effect, and I believe that. The slight amount of actual water that gets through the element probably doesn't do much. It would have to get splashed pretty hard.
At this point I'm not really concerned with rain water that the intake might vacuum in....but instead big splashes and the near-muddy water that you get thrown at you when behind a truck that has nothing to do with engine vacuum.

On the other hand, I do like the idea of drawing 100% of the engine air from outside the fairing, and also protecting it from the road dirt and grime that will embedded itself in the forward facing half of the filter.

There is no way to convince me this stuff isn't there because I wash my car/truck and it's always stuck...especially in front...and it takes some elbow grease to get it off.

That said, I don't think it needs a "scoop", but protecting the sides from road dirt, splashes, and irregular amounts of engine heated air might be a plus, and I think open-ended would do that.

A scoop might be ascetically pleasing though, and I did like the idea of the swivel.... could be added I suppose.

Back