Rider gives a cager the bird...

el stumpo

Registered
So I'm on my way home in my little Civic going about 50 in a 45 when I see a bike coming up (maybe a Kawi). He's not flying, but he is moving (maybe 65-70). I see him come up behind me and ride me a little bit before there is enough room for him to pass by. He doesn't phase me, I'm going just over the speed limit and if he chooses to fly by, his choice.

He zips around my car and heads towards an intersection. Now I see the hard bags, a travelling type of bike - maybe an Interceptor. His light is green and a car decides to make a right hand turn from the side street in front of him (with room to spare).

He slows down, appears to think about it for a second, then guns around the car in the merge lane and as he does, he gives the bird to the driver. (He could have easily slowed it down with no problems). I shake my head thinking, it wasn't right for the guy to pull out in front of you, but you were speeding.

Maybe even worse, you are giving bikers a bad name by showing no class.
mad.gif
THankfully my kids did not see the wonderful hand gesture.

I've flicked off a car or two in my time, but usually it was because they merged into my lane. Not just because they did something boneheaded which did not cause me to take evasive action. sheesh.
rant.gif

He overreacted no more then the cager that pulled out in front of him.
biggrin.gif

Yes everyone should slow down or be more cautious then usual at intersections....including the car that pulled out in front of the rider.

Rather then slowing down and thinking about it, he may have been pondering while he had time to slow down, what about any traffic behind him? Rather then trust in someone else's driving (always a mistake), he removed himself from the situation. Extreme? Yes but truthfully the more distance you have on cages, the less chance they have of killing you.
wink.gif

Flipping the bird was probably a bit extreme. Maybe in his mind he's etching a lesson into the offending cagers mind to be more watchful of bikes next time. However a sturdy blast of the horn as your going on your way does this too and isn't as offensive.

I'll admit to giving the 1 finger gesture too on occasion. Usually though i just keep both hands on the grips and ride on.

Hey, have any of you guys been passed in your lane by another bike ? It takes a lot to get me pissed at another biker, I figure, go ahead get your thing off !! But the other night I was riding on a 2 lane road, 35 mph speed limt, I was doing around 50 mph. When a group of about4 bikes went past me in the left lane, probably 70 mph. Well I guess one of them got left back in traffic, and was trying to catch up, so he FLEW by me,in my lane, very close to me, and I got pissed, but figured it was just another biker, and let it go. But for a second I was going right behind him, to say something. And started to think it was just an EGO issue ? (you know, how dare you pass a Busa on a little 600 that way) Maybe I'm just getting old, in my early days, I'm sure I would have popped my lid !!

Would you guys get pissed over this ?

(Bosshound @ Aug. 17 2007,00:35) "Whitele YOUR GAY "

Ride Your Bike Like You Stole It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
super.gif
lol!

Maybe just getting old!

Ride my bike like I stole it? I'm riding like like a slow old lady so I don't attract attention.. I'm believe in hiding things under their noses...
wink.gif

Hey, have any of you guys been passed in your lane by another bike ? It takes a lot to get me pissed at another biker, I figure, go ahead get your thing off !! But the other night I was riding on a 2 lane road, 35 mph speed limt, I was doing around 50 mph. When a group of about4 bikes went past me in the left lane, probably 70 mph. Well I guess one of them got left back in traffic, and was trying to catch up, so he FLEW by me,in my lane, very close to me, and I got pissed, but figured it was just another biker, and let it go. But for a second I was going right behind him, to say something. And started to think it was just an EGO issue ? (you know, how dare you pass a Busa on a little 600 that way) Maybe I'm just getting old, in my early days, I'm sure I would have popped my lid !!

Would you guys get pissed over this ? [/Quote]

I was coming home from work, same route I take every day, and was cruising along with some sort of enduro/streetbike thing next to me. We played a little cat and mouse, nothing extravagant. So when it comes time to take this 90 degree corner to the right I am in front by about 2 car lengths and I enter and lean into the turn... Here comes "enduro guy" flying by me on a one lane turn on the left. Not only did it startle me but if I would have needed to brake for any reason and straighten it out I would have plowed right into him.

Was I upset? Oh hell yes I was upset. That is just reckless.

Generally, it does not bother me for a bike to pass me in my lane. If a faster bike approaches me in traffic I move to the right side of the lane and give room to pass. However, there are people out there that can test your good nature.

When I see someone fly the bird, I just think they're trying to say they intended recipient is number one with them... Then I move on and forget about them - just not worth the trouble....

A couple of weeks ago in my little town a cruiser rider was easing along when a cage merged over and caused him to make some evasive moves.

Rather than giving the bird, he yanked out a pistola and pointed it at the cager!

Next town down the line and he met some new people and no doubt got to sample some police dept. coffee!

I think in some cases, the bird is the better option but I always favor good old defensive driving (riding) and save the crazy stuff for Tourist Trophy!

I normally don't mind when another bike passes me unless they do it in that asshat squid way... Where they blow by doing triple digits less than a foot away... I have caught up to a couple of these aholes and scared the crap out of them. It is particulary bad on kelley drive with all the asshat gangsta wannabe riders. Alot of douchebaggery in the city with bikes sometimes. A well placed rap on the un-helmeted head with gauntlet gloves usually gives them a wake up call.

(kennym4 @ Aug. 17 2007,02:44) Hey, have any of you guys been passed in your lane by another bike ? It takes a lot to get me pissed at another biker, I figure, go ahead get your thing off !! But the other night I was riding on a 2 lane road, 35 mph speed limt, I was doing around 50 mph. When a group of about4 bikes went past me in the left lane, probably 70 mph. Well I guess one of them got left back in traffic, and was trying to catch up, so he FLEW by me,in my lane, very close to me, and I got pissed, but figured it was just another biker, and let it go. But for a second I was going right behind him, to say something. And started to think it was just an EGO issue ? (you know, how dare you pass a Busa on a little 600 that way) Maybe I'm just getting old, in my early days, I'm sure I would have popped my lid !!

The ONLY bike I don't won't to pass me is those over priced wanna be rebel biker Harley's!! Those guys just piss me off! Any way I'm better now with that off my chest. Send me a bill for the therapy

Very few bikes pass me when I ride on the street.
biggrin.gif
I have no problem with bike passing bike in the same lane, as long as its done safely. It was common practice in Sturgis.

"Gay" Means Happy. Sorry don't mean to offend just want to ruffle some feathers a Little.
biggrin.gif

Heay (Spike) I Think I seen you the Other Day !!!

(jessup @ Aug. 17 2007,11:36) unless they do it in that asshat squid way... Where they blow by doing triple digits less than a foot away...
Yeah, that's what I meant. I could care less about a biker passing me in my lane. I actually will move over so they can pass me, but this cat was flying, and was only inches away from me !! Like I said, it takes a lot to get me pissed at another biker, I don't care if it's a sport bike, Harley, side car, or, well maybe not a moped. LOL

Quote:
Hey, have any of you guys been passed in your lane by another bike ? It takes a lot to get me pissed at another biker, I figure, go ahead get your thing off !!

Here is a word from a wise old owl with many miles under his belt of both trucking, 4-wheeling, and motorcycling on America's highways.
NO HARM NO FOUL.
If you accelerated to 140 or 150 MPH and caught up with the guy, then passed him real close, close enough to slap his helmet, then what? Do you keep on flying down the road at 150+ mph to stay ahead of him? You know the situation has been escalated a whole bunch when you slap his helmet and blow off his bike, and he probably is running 'balls to the walls' to catch up with you to teach you a lesson. But, we all know he hasn't a chance in hell to catch up with a Busa, so, you just sit out there breaking all the speed laws and endangering others just to stay away from him and prove something? What ya proving? If a cop happens to meet you, YOU are the one getting a ticket. If someone pulls out in front of you, you are the one getting all banged up or worse.

Naaaah, not worth it. Not worth proving a point on who has the fastest bike, or who can ride closest at high speeds. Just be glad when he passed you he didn't hit ya! Life goes on, and enjoy it on your Busa knowing full well you could easily blow off anyone on the highway if you should chose to, but are smarter than that. Live on to ride another day, another highway, another way. Don't ever escalate a bad driving highway situation by going beyond using the horn. That means no fickel finger either!

(kennym4 @ Aug. 17 2007,02:44) Hey, have any of you guys been passed in your lane by another bike ? It takes a lot to get me pissed at another biker, I figure, go ahead get your thing off !! But the other night I was riding on a 2 lane road, 35 mph speed limt, I was doing around 50 mph. When a group of about4 bikes went past me in the left lane, probably 70 mph. Well I guess one of them got left back in traffic, and was trying to catch up, so he FLEW by me,in my lane, very close to me, and I got pissed, but figured it was just another biker, and let it go. But for a second I was going right behind him, to say something. And started to think it was just an EGO issue ? (you know, how dare you pass a Busa on a little 600 that way) Maybe I'm just getting old, in my early days, I'm sure I would have popped my lid !!

No offense, but if you don't move over for another bike gaining on you, you don't think that' kinda uncool?

Blue1

I don't post much. I like to read and just be slient. However, I cannot resist to jump in this one. I live in columbus, ohio and I was driving on 270 North from the east side and all of a sudden 4 sport bikes they all look like 600s drove past me like 100 miles hour and they were increasing. I looked back in my rear view mirror and there were 2 police cars coming as well. I had this sinking feeling that the police may think that I was with these guys and I wasn't ofcourse. I got a little gittery and took off as well. I drove so fast that I past the 4 bikes and than jumped off 270 and got lost on Morse Rd. The other bikes kept going north on 270.

I later thought about this after I stopped shaking and settled down and than started to laugh uncontrollable. I rememered the look of the leader of the 4 sport bikes expression when I caught him and past him with police far back still.....the look on his face was a picture perfect look.....it was like how the hell did you do that.......

Back